Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Charlton Athletic| Tue 20 April

Comments

• Options
    I miss Bowyer's uplifting post match interviews.
    “Cheers, Scotty...”
  • Options
    For those of you who like listening to angry and dejected opposition managers  ;)

I 100% agree with Lowe that Plymouth were really soft, both physically and mentally. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpcsAmUeVXU&t=7s
    "Tomorrow I am going to make sure that they sit and watch for the full 92 minutes. I've had to sit and watch it today."
  • Options
    For those of you who like listening to angry and dejected opposition managers  ;)

I 100% agree with Lowe that Plymouth were really soft, both physically and mentally. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpcsAmUeVXU&t=7s
    "Tomorrow I am going to make sure that they sit and watch for the full 92 minutes. I've had to sit and watch it today."
    Ouch! Sounds more like a punishment beating than a sound managerial ploy.
  • Options
    What a great win for us,bet Peterborough are now shaking in there boots,think we can afford at least a draw but another win will do fine 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would bring Innis in without any doubt. 

2 lefties at CB is not the way forward. If pressed harder am sure Plymouth could have got some lucky breaks from loose passing. They just wanted to play a 'nice and easy on the eye game'.
  • Options
    What a fantastic result and performance. Everyone was up for this, long may it continue. I don't think Plymouth were as quite as bad as 6-0 suggests so that's all the more credit to us. True, their defending was poor. In particular, the positioning for Gilbey's goal was atrocious. In possession and going forward I thought they looked pretty decent, so top marks to our defence for snuffing them out. That save at 2-0 was crucial. If that went in their tails would have been up and it could have been a different story. Instead of that, a minute later we get another one and they're left not only with a huge 3-0 scoreline to reverse but all those nagging doubts about 'it's not our day' - and how right they would have been! Up front, Stockley was immense and Millar and Jaiyesimi look better with every game. In the middle Gilbey made some brilliant runs, Watson had probably his best game for us whilst JFC ran the show.  Top stuff.  
  • Options
    Couldnt sleep,buzzing over that,how many teams have 56% of the play and lose 6-0. Superb defending was the platform,and hitting them on the break was done to perfection.So pleased for two of the lads,Watson and Pearce have had some stick,but are on this showing essential parts of this squad.Roll on saturday,at last feels good to be a Charlton fan.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    jonno said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Did we really only get one foul committed on us in 90+ mins? That must be very rare.
    It's because it's wrong. Argyle gave away several fouls, others went unpunished - although I thought they invariably tried to play the right way.

Here's another source

And another 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Good to see we didn’t hit the post and crossbar 4 times in the game and had some luck with a deflection. I really like the look of this side, now seems perfectly balanced and the players are much more composed rather than running their legs off chasing lost causes as we did before Adkins. The Adkins diet is working a treat and I’m loving it! 
  • Options
    Some great goals there, lovely touches by JFC for the first, Stockley for 4th and dummy for 5th, Shinnie and Pratley for 6th. 

But that own goal gets worse the more times you watch it... what was he trying to do??!! 🤣🤣
  • Options
    6-0  
    United,City, Liverpool, Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal,
    We will never forget your greed. Oh sorry on the wrong thread.

6-0 great result cafc at the business end of the season where form and fitness is paramount entering the final straight.
  • Options
    I am finding it hard to keep zipped about the strange season we've had prior to NA. I find myself wanting to make comparisons in team selection, motivation levels, training ground injuries, post match interview quality, but it will be an unhealthy way to constantly think after a game. 

I'm already looking forward to next season. At the worst, we might see TS at the Rose in Denmark when he's over for the play off final. 

• Options
    Great just checking it did really happen then, great win, now to figure out my Dick van  Dyke dream and I'll be happy. 
  • Options
    Its taken NA 5 games to get a settled formation, side and style of play!!! :-)

• Options
    Both JFC and Gilbey are able to press, win the ball, and more importantly not lose out goal side.  This has meant Watson's not always playing on top of our box, and you can see his quality more often than not taking the ball on the half turn.  Much better blend but against the better more physical teams Pratley should play.

I still think Albie's got a massive part to play, in that positionally he's much sharper than Millar or Jaiyesimi and he's the only one who looks to put in a cross first time which is crucial for Stockley against good teams.  Jaieysimi was very good last night but never seems to put in a first time cross.
  • Options
    ColinTat said:
    Both JFC and Gilbey are able to press, win the ball, and more importantly not lose out goal side.  This has meant Watson's not always playing on top of our box, and you can see his quality more often than not taking the ball on the half turn.  Much better blend but against the better more physical teams Pratley should play.

I still think Albie's got a massive part to play, in that positionally he's much sharper than Millar or Jaiyesimi and he's the only one who looks to put in a cross first time which is crucial for Stockley against good teams.  Jaieysimi was very good last night but never seems to put in a first time cross.
    Morgan is not a winger. If we're going to play 433 we can't afford to have someone like him playing wide. I'm generally a fan but I do feel people are very generous towards him because he's from the academy. He shouldn't be starting in this team. In fact, I wouldn't even have him on the bench.