Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• Excluding reduced attendance due to government restrictions it will be nice to have a hard decent crowd again in league 1. Some of those matches under Roland when we were 8k against Fleetwood were so unenjoyable. Nice to get back to 15k+ average home crowd when playing those smaller clubs. 
  • I must be the only person to have problems trying to renew online :-( 
    What trouble are you having? 
  • TBH I'm having a few problems online, so they'll get to hear my bumbling drivel on the blower.
  • Belv said:
    Croydon said:
    Belv said:
    Crusty54 said:
    buckshee said:
    Has anyone thought about what might happen if (and it’s a big if right now) we should reach the play off final, who will get ticket priority? I’m guessing those that had tickets this year first then those that have just purchased for next year. 
    Current season ticket holders ie 20/21, then loyalty points etc. Can’t imagine buying one now for next season would have any relevance ...
    Announced on the club site. No loyalty points for the current season. Last season will count for next season. Fair to everyone.
    Strangely, I've had 230 loyalty points added. I assume this will be deducted again at some point.
    Nah those will stay. Those 230 points are for next season. If we'd made the playoffs, tickets would have just been given to the 4k who held season tickets for the season this season.
    I thought the loyalty points were supposed to be a rolling 2 years?

I’ve now got 3 sets of 230 included in my points. 19/20, 20/21 and now 21/22. So surely 230 will be coming off?
    Oh sorry, I didn't realise you had 230 from the season just gone too. You must be right, assume those will come off and you'll juts have 460.
  • All done and used up the dribble of valley cash I had left, so that's another 3 to the total. 
  • It'll be interesting what the crowds are like across spectator sport in general

Reduced because of lingering Covid worries or boosted by people desperate to get out of the house and experience live entertainment and human interaction again?
  • It'll be interesting what the crowds are like across spectator sport in general

Reduced because of lingering Covid worries or boosted by people desperate to get out of the house and experience live entertainment and human interaction again?
    I'm going for boosted, I can easily see 20k + for our first home game 
  • ross1 said:
    At what level of sales does FOMO start to kick in ?
    Is FOMO Pratley's replacement or Watson's?

I think they latter.  You should see the (socially distanced) crowds I get in my garden for the snail racing.
  • Millwall just said on twitter.5,000 sold since April 7th.
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    It'll be interesting what the crowds are like across spectator sport in general

I agree and more so as so fewer fans will be abroad on hols in August than normal. I hope that Thomas is able to fly over to get the warmest, rockiest, bouncy CAFC reception ever.
  • Just done our 2. Easy peasy lemon squeezy to do it online. Took 2 mins to renew & even better to use our CAFC Cash. Now we might actually get to sit in the North Upper at last...!! 
  • CAFCTrev said:
    I think 11K is the most season tickets we've sold in League One, be great if we can get close to that.
    It would be great and remarkable.

When we came down previously there were loads still hanging on from the Prem days and we were offered incentives if memory serves me right. It rarely does these days tbf.

6k+ is a great start for sure and if we can get to 10k, this would show a huge thumbs up for Thomas and support for his direction for the club.
  • bobmunro said:

Nice to know there are 6,000 others as mad as me.

I'm sure there are a lot more than that as mad as you.
    So when will you be getting a season ticket and join us ?

I renewed within an hour of them going on sale.

Wibble.
  • Just done mine. :) 2 tickets in North lower Block F. Cannot wait! 
  • edited May 2021
    CAFCTrev said:
    I think 11K is the most season tickets we've sold in League One, be great if we can get close to that.

When we came down previously there were loads still hanging on from the Prem days and we were offered incentives if memory serves me right. It rarely does these days tbf.

6k+ is a great start for sure and if we can get to 10k, this would show a huge thumbs up for Thomas and support for his direction for the club.
    Not really. We held on to most people in the Championship with the offer of a free ticket if promoted but 09/10 was a hard sell. The Premier League effect had mostly unwound. 

I would say it’s more the case that the L1 sale was suppressed from 2016-2019 by the Duchatelet effect.
  • CAFCTrev said:

Not really. We held on to most people in the Championship with the offer of a free ticket if promoted but 09/10 was a hard sell. The Premier League effect had mostly unwound. 

I would say it’s more the case that the L1 sale was suppressed from 2016-2019 by the Duchatelet effect.
    So that’s why we were relegated that season then.

Lads, we can’t afford to pay for all those season tickets, so do your best to be shit and get relegated instead!
  • edited May 2021
    Ross said:
    CAFCTrev said:

So that’s why we were relegated that season then.

Lads, we can’t afford to pay for all those season tickets, so do your best to be shit and get relegated instead!
    The free season ticket only applied on promotion and was easily covered by the additional TV revenue, whereas being relegated cost Charlton the Championship central payment - and in practice meant the directors had to loan the famous £7m (still outstanding) to keep the club afloat.
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    It'll be interesting what the crowds are like across spectator sport in general

As long as it's not a league cup tie.

But i think we'll see a definite increase in home fans (still not sure if away fans will be allowed) attending games at all clubs across the country as fans will be desperate to get back to stadiums after so long away.
  • We hit 6k three days ago, do you think we’ll have reached 7k by end of next week? 
  • We hit 6k three days ago, do you think we’ll have reached 7k by end of next week? 

Numbers should continue to creep up I would guess but the next wave may well happen when people start getting paid which for many will be around that last week in the month 
  • I cant see 20k at our first home game. It would be great, but I think it will be closer to 15k. Still a huge boost on the 8-10k at home we were getting last time we were in league one with no restrictions.  
  • CAFCTrev said:
    I cant see 20k at our first home game. It would be great, but I think it will be closer to 15k. Still a huge boost on the 8-10k at home we were getting last time we were in league one with no restrictions.  
    Yeah can’t see us getting near 20k first game back. I can certainly see a sell out game towards the end of the season.
  • I think it really depends on one thing. That thing is if TS is going to be there. If he is then I would be really shocked if it isnt a total sell-out as that will be the day that the fans can show him the thanks for getting us out of the shit
  • Also depends on who we're playing and if away fans are allowed.

If it's someone like Plymouth you could be looking at 2,000+ away fans. Fleetwood and closer to 200.
  • se9addick said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    I cant see 20k at our first home game. It would be great, but I think it will be closer to 15k. Still a huge boost on the 8-10k at home we were getting last time we were in league one with no restrictions.  
    Agree, 20,000 for a home game in L1 without any additional incentives (kids for a quid, £5 tickets etc) seems like a very high bar to set. 

I think many of those desperate to get back to football will be included in the ST numbers, which look like they are going to end up between 10-12,000. Hoping for the walk up gate to double that number at the first home game is setting ourselves up for disappointment. 

If we got 10,000 STs and 5,000 walk ups for the first match I think that would be a great number. 
    The incentive should be thanking TS and getting back in the ground after 18 months! Cheap tickets shouldn't come into it. 
  • shine166 said:
    se9addick said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Agree, 20,000 for a home game in L1 without any additional incentives (kids for a quid, £5 tickets etc) seems like a very high bar to set. 

I think many of those desperate to get back to football will be included in the ST numbers, which look like they are going to end up between 10-12,000. Hoping for the walk up gate to double that number at the first home game is setting ourselves up for disappointment. 

If we got 10,000 STs and 5,000 walk ups for the first match I think that would be a great number. 
    The incentive should be thanking TS and getting back in the ground after 18 months! Cheap tickets shouldn't come into it. 
    There will be Charlton fans who just arent interested in seeing us in L1 regardless of TS, and also some of the boycotters might have gotten used to not going and may not return straight away or at all. I can see us hitting 20k in the last few games of the season if we are in the promotion hunt, but not before then. Happy to proven wrong though, Id love 20k crowds all season.