Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• Belv said:
    I wonder how good the database is, if we have the contact details for all the people who came to the Doncaster and Sunderland playoff games for instance. I wonder if a 10 game carnet thing would work for instance, let people choose 10 matches to attend over a season, might attract people who don't want to commit to all games especially evenings. I suppose the danger is that some ST buyers would divert to this, I don't know.
    You've answered your own question, I think. A pick and mix season ticket is a terrible idea from a revenue perspective. I think it would need to be almost as expensive as a full season to have any chance of working and then it's messy to manage in terms of which seats, which games.
    I used to work with a Colchester fan and he used to purchase a 6 game ticket whereby you could attend 2 "cat c" games, 2 "cat b" games and 2 "cat a" games.

Seemed like a good idea and maybe something that could work.
    Colchester have category A fixtures?!!!!
    Biggleswade v chipping Norton is about your level

Category z
    You enjoyed your visit with me two seasons ago.
  • Belv said:
    I wonder how good the database is, if we have the contact details for all the people who came to the Doncaster and Sunderland playoff games for instance. I wonder if a 10 game carnet thing would work for instance, let people choose 10 matches to attend over a season, might attract people who don't want to commit to all games especially evenings. I suppose the danger is that some ST buyers would divert to this, I don't know.
    You've answered your own question, I think. A pick and mix season ticket is a terrible idea from a revenue perspective. I think it would need to be almost as expensive as a full season to have any chance of working and then it's messy to manage in terms of which seats, which games.
    I used to work with a Colchester fan and he used to purchase a 6 game ticket whereby you could attend 2 "cat c" games, 2 "cat b" games and 2 "cat a" games.

Category z
    Always enjoy your company mate.
  • se9addick said:
    AndyG said:
    I think it really depends on one thing. That thing is if TS is going to be there. If he is then I would be really shocked if it isnt a total sell-out as that will be the day that the fans can show him the thanks for getting us out of the shit
    I think you are falling into the trap of thinking all supporters are engaged to the same extent as the core group. I doubt there are an extra 10,000 likely to turn up to see the owner. The Covid rebound, however, Is very hard to estimate. The squad will also be a factor.
    I brought a season ticket even though I live in Finland, a big part of that is down to both covid and Thomas taking over. If there is a realistic possiblity I can attend the opening game (I'll be fully vac at this point) then I'll be straight over.

He deserves a welcoming from a mostly sold out valley when the opportunity presents itself imo.
    “Bought” not “brought”, irrationally winds me up for some reason!
    Perfectly rational.
  • Belv said:

Category z
    Particularly in Wimbledon.
  • Belv said:

Category z
    I got mugged in a pub in Wimbledon.
  • clb74 said:
    Belv said:

Category z
    I got mugged in a pub in Wimbledon.
    @roseandcrown got us thrown out of it later on.
  • se9addick said:
    AndyG said:
    I think it really depends on one thing. That thing is if TS is going to be there. If he is then I would be really shocked if it isnt a total sell-out as that will be the day that the fans can show him the thanks for getting us out of the shit
    I think you are falling into the trap of thinking all supporters are engaged to the same extent as the core group. I doubt there are an extra 10,000 likely to turn up to see the owner. The Covid rebound, however, Is very hard to estimate. The squad will also be a factor.
    I brought a season ticket even though I live in Finland, a big part of that is down to both covid and Thomas taking over. If there is a realistic possiblity I can attend the opening game (I'll be fully vac at this point) then I'll be straight over.

He deserves a welcoming from a mostly sold out valley when the opportunity presents itself imo.
    I'm with you & its because they mean completely different things. 

Might as well say..."I kitchen sink my season ticket yesterday".
  • se9addick said:
    AndyG said:

Would of/should of as opposed to 'have' is another one that drives me mad. :D
  • Sponsored links:

• Got mine.

Can't wait to get back to The Valley and give Tommy an ovation!
  • Will it be 8k by the end of May?
  • se9addick said:
    AndyG said:

it's  :D
  • i agree - the brought instead of bought thing is annoying and so many people do it  
  • I got mine last week.
  • se9addick said:
    AndyG said:

Except everyone knows what someone means when they say brought instead of bought, so actually quite different. 
  • Uboat said:
    se9addick said:
    AndyG said:

Except everyone knows what someone means when they say brought instead of bought, so actually quite different. 
    Accept every won nose watt sum 1 means when they say bought instead off brought , sew actually quiet different 
  • I wonder how good the database is, if we have the contact details for all the people who came to the Doncaster and Sunderland playoff games for instance. I wonder if a 10 game carnet thing would work for instance, let people choose 10 matches to attend over a season, might attract people who don't want to commit to all games especially evenings. I suppose the danger is that some ST buyers would divert to this, I don't know.
    I think you dismiss this too easily. It's certainly not without its problems certainly. How many games and pricing would need to be very carefully thought through. Kent Cricket offer a "six pack" which is very popular. One issue is allocating seats (for Kent it's generally sit anywhere, although not this season). However this could be overcome by it being a voucher system. One of the advantages of the "six pack", or however many, could be having a window in which people could convert the voucher for a ticket before they go on general sale. People who don't want to commit to a full season ticket also the greater sense of belonging and some loyalty points straight away. Whether this outweighs the problems and disadvantages are not clear but shouldn't be dismissed straight away. 
  • Uboat said:
    se9addick said:
    AndyG said:

But that doesn't mean they are right. What it generally means is that other people are too nice & gracious to pull them up on it.

If everytime someone used "brought" instead of "bought" people called them out on it then they might realise their mistake.

I'd love to be a police office & when arresting someone they say " I didn't do nuffik". I'd just bang them up & say "that's your confession right there son". 
  • Sponsored links:

• Ain't got nothing.
  • Ain't got nothing.
    Glad to hear it.
  • '6 pack' could definitely be something introduced at Xmas along with the usual half ST's.
  • Uboat said:
    se9addick said:
    AndyG said:

But that doesn't mean they are right. What it generally means is that other people are too nice & gracious to pull them up on it.

If everytime someone used "brought" instead of "bought" people called them out on it then they might realise their mistake.

I'd love to be a police office & when arresting someone they say " I didn't do nuffik". I'd just bang them up & say "that's your confession right there son". 
    Police Officer not police office 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Uboat said:
    se9addick said:
    AndyG said:

Why? Surely office should not start with a capital?
  • edited May 2021
    The Grammar Police Are On Their Way.
    Chizz Where Are You ? This May Need Capital Punishment.  >:)
  • What’s the latest sales figures?
  • Redrobo said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Uboat said:
    se9addick said:
    AndyG said:

Why? Surely office should not start with a capital?
    No- I meant he put the wrong word. 
    The capitals were for emphasis on my post. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    Uboat said:
    se9addick said:
    AndyG said:

Ooops......🤭. Time for me to leave this thread.
  • Solidgone said:
    What’s the latest sales figures?
    Over 7,000.