Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• WSS said:
    Not the biggest deal but I'm surprised the memberships aren't on sale yet. Was an ideal opportunity to get more cash at the point when people were buying STs.
    maybe they  are waiting until after the initial ST sales have ended, I don't know, but it does seem odd to announce something and then not put it on sale.
    Could someone please remind me of the benefits from purchasing a membership ? 

I seem to recall that when the initial info re season tickets etc was posted, I wondered who would buy one.

As a season ticket holder, surely there is no need for additional "membership" ? 
    For season ticket holders -

Lucky socks and desk calendar
    30 loyalty points
    Behind the scenes training ground tour
    Invite to watch a training session
    Monthly prize draws
    £5 off Charlton TV annual Subscription
    And more...

All for £25, which probably isn't a bad deal

£35 for non season ticket holders, who get a £2 matchday discount on home EFL matches
    Ah, thanks @killerandflash.

Think I'll pass but understand it would be appropriate for those unable to commit to a season ticket for one reason or another. 
  • I wanted to get the junior stuff for the kid (in addition to his ST).
  • DOUCHER said:
    Unless on the bread line or some other serious reason I really think people need to just put that hand in their pocket and get a season ticket or never ever whinge that we have a bad owner or bad players or bad anything ever again - it’s out your money where your mouth is time - we have a great new owner now let’s support him 
    Season tickets regardless of the owner aren’t always financially attractive to all supporters. 

If you know you won’t or can’t get to every game it can be as cheap or cheaper to buy batch by match. Equally even with a successful season in L1 the risk of not getting a ticket when you want one and near where you want is minimal. 

Simple economics for some not to purchase a season ticket. You are still showing support on a match by match basis. 
    i used to play Saturday's and could only make night  and sunday games for quite a few years but wanted to support the club  so always got a season ticket - unless money is an issue, i always will have a season ticket - it's just part of the deal of being a true supporter to my mind and working out the most economical way to buy tickets to to save some money for something far more meaningless doesn't enter the equation for me - each to their own   
  • DOUCHER said:
    clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Unless on the bread line or some other serious reason I really think people need to just put that hand in their pocket and get a season ticket or never ever whinge that we have a bad owner or bad players or bad anything ever again - it’s out your money where your mouth is time - we have a great new owner now let’s support him 
    I'm not getting  a season ticket.
    Will happily see you at 18+ away games though.

Out of interest why don’t u get a season ticket ? 
    I think he'll be going to the Palace home games now he's moved closer.

:smiley:

That is the reason the miserable one moved.
  • clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I'm not getting  a season ticket.
    Will happily see you at 18+ away games though.
    Happily? 
  • Would imagine a number of people are waiting for pay day (end of month perhaps) before parting with their cash.

I appreciate there won't be many people who have £400 spare from their monthly salary though!!

Just a thought though.
  • Sponsored links:

• shine166 said:
    Belv said:
    Yeah, that's what I assumed. Cheers.
    I'm waiting until that offer is over, so that I dont have to bring my mrs 
    You bring your, ahem "niece" instead  ;)
    Lol nah she does the away games 🤣
  • Roland Out!
  • DOUCHER said:
    Yeah, for that reason I've bought one for myself and one for my son, even though he is going to Uni in September and won't be able to make at least half the games. Bought him an adult ticket so can take a mate when he isn't around. 
  • Each to their own of course. To be fair, Doucher has just stated it as a personal viewpoint and not a pre-requisite for entry into a ground. 
  • mendonca said:
    Each to their own of course. To be fair, Doucher has just stated it as a personal viewpoint and not a pre-requisite for entry into a ground. 
    A personal viewpoint which explicitly suggests others are not fans because they don't do what he does. You can't then absolve yourself from comeback by saying "each to their own"...
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Season tickets regardless of the owner aren’t always financially attractive to all supporters. 

If you know you won’t or can’t get to every game it can be as cheap or cheaper to buy batch by match. Equally even with a successful season in L1 the risk of not getting a ticket when you want one and near where you want is minimal. 

Simple economics for some not to purchase a season ticket. You are still showing support on a match by match basis. 
    i used to play Saturday's and could only make night  and sunday games for quite a few years but wanted to support the club  so always got a season ticket - unless money is an issue, i always will have a season ticket - it's just part of the deal of being a true supporter to my mind and working out the most economical way to buy tickets to to save some money for something far more meaningless doesn't enter the equation for me - each to their own   
    If I may put forward a more sensible position:-
    I live a long way from The Valley
    I will attend a few games a season
    My kids all wear Charlton kits in a world populated by Man City, Liverpool and Chelsea shirts
    I attended every home and away match for much of the 80's and early 90's
    I cleaned up The Valley on a pissy rainy Sunday
    I marched from Town Halls to Grounds
    I posted leaflets for The Valley Party (I was too young to vote)
    I damaged my shoulder and had a year of pain as a result of trying to reach the centre circle with a pink pig
    I am a member of CAST
    I spend half my life reading nonsense on this site.

The suggestion that I am not a true supporter because I don't buy a season ticket is nonsense.

The suggestion that people should spend their money on something they won't use (irrespective of financial status) is equally nonsensical. 

as you say, each to their own.
    Bloody plastic 😁
  • I think not having membership on sale at present is sensible. I don’t see any value in it as a season ticket holder and it makes no sense to encourage people to buy it instead of a season ticket.
  • edited May 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Interesting response and taking you at face value each to their own but it doesn’t make you any more of a true supporter in my eyes. 

I’d suggest you are the ideal supporter from the clubs perspective to financially target / exploit as far as they can 😉

I wonder if you  have a similar attitude to your household budget. I’m guessing the parallel thread on Sky subscription costs this week would be of little interest to you !!😉

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/91740/sky-subscription-here-we-go-again#latest

I’d only add that I date back to rocking up at the turnstile home and away and handing over my cash. I just don’t see a season ticket as a measure at all of what type of supporter you are. 

My overall point is they don’t offer huge financial advantage and there is no issue getting a ticket when you want one given we are a third division side (still). They do offer a level of convenience but there isn’t a compelling need to buy one for a good number of fellow supporters. 
  • bobmunro said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

I really have an issue with what that phrase insinuates.
    Me too.

Doucher talks bollocks shock!

Some supporters live too far away.
    Some supporters have a family that must/should be put first.
    Some supporters don't have the means or personal mobility to travel to The Valley
    Some supporters simply cannot afford to attend live games.

That does not mean they are not true supporters.
    Well, smart arse - i think you will find, if you read my post properly that i said barring serious reasons and financial issues - i don't think anything you or some of the others have listed fall outside of that category - what i'm talking about is those who for no real reason other than they might save a few bob for something else or want to see how the season pans out first before committing, are picking and choosing their games. Be interested to know what other bollocks you've mistaken.    
  • I worked in retail when I left school and everyone had to work weekends. The management team of 4 would always split Saturdays, (2 worked - 2 didn't) so you would do every other week etc.
    I had a deal with the other 3 that I could have every Saturday off when Charlton were home but work all the rest in return.
    So while I ended up working approx 2 Saturdays for every 1 off, I never had to miss a home game.
  • Jints said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Yeah, for that reason I've bought one for myself and one for my son, even though he is going to Uni in September and won't be able to make at least half the games. Bought him an adult ticket so can take a mate when he isn't around. 
    good man - there are a few sensitive penny pinchers on here feeling a bit defensive i think - be first one's on line ranting and raving and looking to protest if it doesn't go well next year