Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• 3 of our lot are about to purchase our first ever season tickets. Absolutely can’t wait! Main reason i’ve never had one is because as sad as it seems i have literally zero mates who support Charlton. My Dad (although managed to convince this year) has always put family first etc, and having grown up not particularly near Charlton and being the only Charlton fan in my school, going by myself week in week out doesn’t appeal to me that much. 
    Element of me slightly venting but as a 23 year old and where i grow up, all my mates support teams of the big 6, everton, Middlesboro, QPR, West Brom or Southend. I’m very jealous of people being people to have people to want to go to awaydays with, its hard convincing to bring your mate to shell out £150+ for a team they don’t support.
    All i’m saying is there are loads of different reasons people don’t have a season ticket - it doesn't make you less of a fan.
    Fantastic stuff 
  • The Rabbi sat down opposite the treasury and observed how the crowd put money into the treasury.

Many rich people put in large sums. A poor widow also came and put in two small coins worth a few cents.

Calling his disciples to himself, he said to them, 'Amen, I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the other contributors to the treasury. For they have all contributed from their surplus wealth, but she, from her poverty, has contributed all she had, her whole livelihood.'"

I think I've used the widow's mite on here before, but it sums it up perfectly, Henners.
  • _MrDick said:
    My dad got our first season tickets in 1975 so we could go in the main entrance and avoid the scrum at Harvey Gardens, Valley Grove and the Bartram gate when there were big crowds, which had become a factor in 74/75. He did like to turn up as close to kick-off as possible, mind. My brother Mick takes after him in that, but for a different, liquid reason.
    Please tell me your dad’s name is Dick 
    There was a famiy called Head in Belvedere in the 60's.  One of the boys was called Richard, Dick for short.
    He supported Millwall.  Truthfully. 

Better than being called Nigel.
  • clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:
    DOUCHER said:
    se9addick said:
    It matters not whether you live on Floyd Road or Beijing or the Australian outback and it matters not whether you’ve been to one match in your life or none or every one in history. All you have to do is hold sacred the names of  Bartram, Seed, and Curbishley and love Charlton over all others. Do all that, and that alone my sons and daughters, and you too  will be a “true fan”. 
    true fan, not a true supporter 
    I remember the fan/supporter debate from secondary school when surrounded by a bunch of Man Utd & Liverpool fans/supporters.  It depends on the definition you apply, and it is subjective.  I don’t think it’s worth calling out other fans for what you perceive as lack of support because they don’t want to commit financially. We’re coming out a once in a lifetime shit show, life has been turned upside down for many.  If people aren’t willing to put their hand into their pocket for a season ticket, but want to pick and choose, or have some sort of ‘membership’, then so be it.  They’re still as much a supporter as someone who goes to every game and commits lots financially in my opinion 
    but deep down, you know that's nonsense - yes, it will make those part timers like u more than me and i'm not criticising anybody, but u cannot compare somebody who goes every now and then to somebody who goes week in week out - how many times have u stood in a pub with a millwall fan bemoaning how crap they are and when you ask if they go they say i used to go a bit but they were crap or we sold our best player or this or that - well, if you actually went regularly they may have been better - the only tangible way us supporters can actually hope to make things better or retain our best players is to actually support - otherwise you lose all right to expect anything - when we have lost to millwall, i will only talk to them if they actually go regularly - if not i tell them they have lost the right to any gloating and end it there - don't get me started on liverpool and man u fans..  money where your mouth is or put up with what you are given 
    But you're not going week in week out Doucher.
    You're doing the home games and a few aways.
    So, does that make him a shit fan or a shit supporter, I'm not sure any more. 
  • Obviously Douche has seats in the most
    expensive block, has the full catering package each game , spends 40 quid minimum in 
     the club shop and also pays for a car parking space 

if not he might has well have I am
    anti-Charlton tattooed on his forehead and just go and fuck off. 

Don’t even know why I am even getting wound up. 
  • So where does this leave supporters who buy concession season tickets?
  • Had a season ticket for over 45 years, I now qualify for an over 65 concession one, still a fan although maybe not in some eyes.
  • I am going to wait to see the business we do. I will off course still attend if I don't have a season ticket, but it gives me the opportunity to opt out of games if it is getting too painful. I am not expecting that this coming season but nothing really has happened recruitment wise yet. 

We are no longer in the days when you needed a season ticket to see games. What they offer is saving you a few quid. 
  • Sponsored links:

• As long as Thomas spunks his dough up the wall on us , all is good 
  • At least the weather turned nicer for Doucher’s fishing trip :-)

Cant believe how many of you get sucked in!
    And how are you feeling about the latest coronavirus developments? 😉 
  • Prior to all seater stadiums,you could just turn up on the day and still stand with your mates,that changed when all seaters came in,thats when I started getting season tickets ,so I could be near the same people every game.Also turning up and paying on the day,(especially at Selhurst) was an ordeal,most of the time,due to appalling traffic ,you got there late,had to line up twice and sometimes missed kick off.For me now it is just automatic to renew every year,easiest way of seeing the games . I think if i had to go through the process of buying on line,e tickets etc.that would really put me off.If supporters cant commit to going every week,or dont mind the buying process,good luck to them.
  • clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:
    DOUCHER said:
    se9addick said:
    It matters not whether you live on Floyd Road or Beijing or the Australian outback and it matters not whether you’ve been to one match in your life or none or every one in history. All you have to do is hold sacred the names of  Bartram, Seed, and Curbishley and love Charlton over all others. Do all that, and that alone my sons and daughters, and you too  will be a “true fan”. 
    true fan, not a true supporter 
    I remember the fan/supporter debate from secondary school when surrounded by a bunch of Man Utd & Liverpool fans/supporters.  It depends on the definition you apply, and it is subjective.  I don’t think it’s worth calling out other fans for what you perceive as lack of support because they don’t want to commit financially. We’re coming out a once in a lifetime shit show, life has been turned upside down for many.  If people aren’t willing to put their hand into their pocket for a season ticket, but want to pick and choose, or have some sort of ‘membership’, then so be it.  They’re still as much a supporter as someone who goes to every game and commits lots financially in my opinion 
    but deep down, you know that's nonsense - yes, it will make those part timers like u more than me and i'm not criticising anybody, but u cannot compare somebody who goes every now and then to somebody who goes week in week out - how many times have u stood in a pub with a millwall fan bemoaning how crap they are and when you ask if they go they say i used to go a bit but they were crap or we sold our best player or this or that - well, if you actually went regularly they may have been better - the only tangible way us supporters can actually hope to make things better or retain our best players is to actually support - otherwise you lose all right to expect anything - when we have lost to millwall, i will only talk to them if they actually go regularly - if not i tell them they have lost the right to any gloating and end it there - don't get me started on liverpool and man u fans..  money where your mouth is or put up with what you are given 
    But you're not going week in week out Doucher.
    You're doing the home games and a few aways.
    i have admitted i am not perfect - as hard as that may be to believe  :)
  • The Rabbi sat down opposite the treasury and observed how the crowd put money into the treasury.

Many rich people put in large sums. A poor widow also came and put in two small coins worth a few cents.

Calling his disciples to himself, he said to them, 'Amen, I say to you, this poor widow put in more than all the other contributors to the treasury. For they have all contributed from their surplus wealth, but she, from her poverty, has contributed all she had, her whole livelihood.'"
    irrelevant to this discussion i'm afraid  
  • My dad got our first season tickets in 1975 so we could go in the main entrance and avoid the scrum at Harvey Gardens, Valley Grove and the Bartram gate when there were big crowds, which had become a factor in 74/75. He did like to turn up as close to kick-off as possible, mind. My brother Mick takes after him in that, but for a different, liquid reason.
    If Mick was a proper fan he'd buy his liquid in the ground so that his money goes to the club!
  • MrOneLung said:
    Obviously Douche has seats in the most
    expensive block, has the full catering package each game , spends 40 quid minimum in 
     the club shop and also pays for a car parking space 

if not he might has well have I am
    anti-Charlton tattooed on his forehead and just go and fuck off. 

Don’t even know why I am even getting wound up. 
    coz you're a part timer? - and no, just got a north upper ticket and 2 for my boys - how many times - i've said except for financial reasons, which i understand  
  • Sponsored links:

• I am going to wait to see the business we do. I will off course still attend if I don't have a season ticket, but it gives me the opportunity to opt out of games if it is getting too painful. I am not expecting that this coming season but nothing really has happened recruitment wise yet. 

We are no longer in the days when you needed a season ticket to see games. What they offer is saving you a few quid. 
    this is exactly what i'm talking about 
  • DOUCHER said:
    I am going to wait to see the business we do. I will off course still attend if I don't have a season ticket, but it gives me the opportunity to opt out of games if it is getting too painful. I am not expecting that this coming season but nothing really has happened recruitment wise yet. 

otherwise known as a fairweather supporter - nothing wrong with that but thats what it is - to bang on for years about the ownership and finally get a good owner and not back him up front is poor in my opinion (to clarify fot the umpteenth time - unless you have money worries or some other serious reasons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) 
  • At least the weather turned nicer for Doucher’s fishing trip :-)

Cant believe how many of you get sucked in!
    upset a few yes but hopefully i've shamed some fairweather tight arses into putting their hand in their pocket 
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I am going to wait to see the business we do. I will off course still attend if I don't have a season ticket, but it gives me the opportunity to opt out of games if it is getting too painful. I am not expecting that this coming season but nothing really has happened recruitment wise yet. 

otherwise known as a fairweather supporter - nothing wrong with that but thats what it is - to bang on for years about the ownership and finally get a good owner and not back him up front is poor in my opinion (to clarify fot the umpteenth time - unless you have money worries or some other serious reasons !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) 
    Quoting yourself is a sure sign that all is not well. 
  • Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Quoting yourself is a sure sign that all is not well. 
    nope - had a season ticket every year barring last year for 37 years 
  • How do so many get wounded up by doucher!