Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    Jints said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Unless on the bread line or some other serious reason I really think people need to just put that hand in their pocket and get a season ticket or never ever whinge that we have a bad owner or bad players or bad anything ever again - it’s out your money where your mouth is time - we have a great new owner now let’s support him 
    Yeah, for that reason I've bought one for myself and one for my son, even though he is going to Uni in September and won't be able to make at least half the games. Bought him an adult ticket so can take a mate when he isn't around. 
    good man - there are a few sensitive penny pinchers on here feeling a bit defensive i think - be first one's on line ranting and raving and looking to protest if it doesn't go well next year 
    So you have to pay more (if you cant go to all games) and up front to be a true supporter - really??!!

What happened to each to their own?
  • DOUCHER said:
    Jints said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Unless on the bread line or some other serious reason I really think people need to just put that hand in their pocket and get a season ticket or never ever whinge that we have a bad owner or bad players or bad anything ever again - it’s out your money where your mouth is time - we have a great new owner now let’s support him 
    Yeah, for that reason I've bought one for myself and one for my son, even though he is going to Uni in September and won't be able to make at least half the games. Bought him an adult ticket so can take a mate when he isn't around. 
    good man - there are a few sensitive penny pinchers on here feeling a bit defensive i think - be first one's on line ranting and raving and looking to protest if it doesn't go well next year 
    If your that well off, you pay for them? If you want the "true" fans here that much.

Any fan who spends there money on the odd few games or gets a season ticket and follows the away games are true fans. 

What a shit thing to say.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Jints said:
    DOUCHER said:
    So you have to pay more (if you cant go to all games) and up front to be a true supporter - really??!!

What happened to each to their own?
    tight arse 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Jints said:
    DOUCHER said:
    If your that well off, you pay for them? If you want the "true" fans here that much.

Any fan who spends there money on the odd few games or gets a season ticket and follows the away games are true fans. 

What a shit thing to say.
    touchy - i don't agree - somebody who goes a few times a year is not as committed or as supportive of the club as somebody who spends and supports all year round - we wouldn't have much of a club if everybody only went a few times a year 
  • se9addick said:
    It matters not whether you live on Floyd Road or Beijing or the Australian outback and it matters not whether you’ve been to one match in your life or none or every one in history. All you have to do is hold sacred the names of  Bartram, Seed, and Curbishley and love Charlton over all others. Do all that, and that alone my sons and daughters, and you too  will be a “true fan”. 
    true fan, not a true supporter 
  • DOUCHER said:
    se9addick said:
    It matters not whether you live on Floyd Road or Beijing or the Australian outback and it matters not whether you’ve been to one match in your life or none or every one in history. All you have to do is hold sacred the names of  Bartram, Seed, and Curbishley and love Charlton over all others. Do all that, and that alone my sons and daughters, and you too  will be a “true fan”. 
    true fan, not a true supporter 
    Silence, heretic. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Any fan who wants to put there hard earned money into a club and attend as many games as they can afford is a true fan. 

Circumstances along with other variables can make getting to games on a regular basis difficult. 

A train from Southampton for me directly to Charlton can cost £40 for a return. Doesn't sound like much for a one off but if you dont drive and thats your only means of transport and put that on top of your ticket, drink and food and it all adds up every other week. 

If you really think each to there own then you wouldn't harp on about "penny pinching". 

I find that strange that money is what you base your true fan status on. 
    please read the 'exam question' - living in Southampton is a serious reason - Uboat however...
  • DOUCHER said:
    Jints said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Well, I don't really agree with you that having a ST is the badge of a proper fan but I do agree that after the years of pain we have suffered we should do the best we can to support the club and Thomas.  
  • Uboat said:
    In the interests of balance, I could afford a season ticket and don’t have family commitments, but won’t be getting one because I just don’t feel like it. 
    And that is your prerogative & doesn’t make you any less of a fan/supporter/person.
  • Uboat said:
    In the interests of balance, I could afford a season ticket and don’t have family commitments, but won’t be getting one because I just don’t feel like it. 
    And that is your prerogative & doesn’t make you any less of a fan/supporter/person.
    That’s very kind, but let’s be honest, it does really, which I’m fine with. 
  • Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    I don’t agree.
    You have your reasons.
    Our Dad was always a Charlton fan, took Bruv to his first game.
    Did he ever go regularly? No.
    Did he have a season ticket? Not until he retired & had disposable income & my Bruv drove him.
    Never, ever stopped him being a fan/supporter.
  • If you don't go to games because you "don't feel like it" you are undeniably, unquestionably and quite literally less of a supporter than someone who goes to every home game.

If people don't want to go to games, that's entirely up to them but let's not be silly!

People are free to support the club in anyway they like, the only time I take umbrage is when ex-match goers expect some sort of priority for being an ex-match goer.

Can see it next season when we get about 1500 tickets for Wimbledon away "Well, I'm pissed off that I can't get one. I was a season ticket holder up until 2014. The club should recognise this and put me in the top priority group alongside this season's season ticket holders."
  • Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    I don’t agree.
    You have your reasons.
    Did he have a season ticket? Not until he retired & had disposable income & my Bruv drove him.
    THIS

My Dad didn’t get a season ticket until he retired from the British Army - previous to that he wouldn’t be able to go to many games as he was in Germany or Cyprus or loads of other places - but he supported Charlton since the 1940’s, and he was a nailed on Charlton fan to the core
  • This thread reminds me of the North stand throwing coins and bottles at their own fans.
  • To get back on topic...the number sold is obviously  a very good barometer of total support for next season. And the number to date is seemingly very positive even if some are using 'Charlton cash' from money actually handed over last season.

Too many factors still to know what the final number will be come the start of the season including peoples attitudes to COVID, value for money generally, life choices since COVID, life stages etc. etc.

Bottomline is individuals will make their own choices. Direct comparisons on numbers this year to previous seasons are maybe skewed but all looks good so far and should give TS comfort.

Confirmed player signings may influence even more nearer the start of the season.

• Sponsored links:

• Well I will be going to all the home games I can without a season ticket so will be paying more for the privledge. TS gets more cash this way :)
  • DOUCHER said:
    clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Season tickets regardless of the owner aren’t always financially attractive to all supporters. 

If you know you won’t or can’t get to every game it can be as cheap or cheaper to buy batch by match. Equally even with a successful season in L1 the risk of not getting a ticket when you want one and near where you want is minimal. 

Simple economics for some not to purchase a season ticket. You are still showing support on a match by match basis. 
    i used to play Saturday's and could only make night  and sunday games for quite a few years but wanted to support the club  so always got a season ticket - unless money is an issue, i always will have a season ticket - it's just part of the deal of being a true supporter to my mind and working out the most economical way to buy tickets to to save some money for something far more meaningless doesn't enter the equation for me - each to their own   
    A true supporter would be at the games on a Saturday not working.
    They would of told thier firm I'm not working Saturdays.
    And if it came to it jacked the job in and found one that fitted in with the football.
    Fair point but I’d still say that having a season ticket is the baseline for being a supporter 
    Just got me internet back Doucher, have I missed anything?
  • Any true supporter knows,  watch charlton on the Saturday on the piss, Sunday try and play football then back on the piss. 
  • Uboat said:
    Ditto.
  • Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    I don’t agree.
    You have your reasons.
    Let’s agree to disagree - wouldn’t want to upset u any further 
  • clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Season tickets regardless of the owner aren’t always financially attractive to all supporters. 

If you know you won’t or can’t get to every game it can be as cheap or cheaper to buy batch by match. Equally even with a successful season in L1 the risk of not getting a ticket when you want one and near where you want is minimal. 

Simple economics for some not to purchase a season ticket. You are still showing support on a match by match basis. 
    i used to play Saturday's and could only make night  and sunday games for quite a few years but wanted to support the club  so always got a season ticket - unless money is an issue, i always will have a season ticket - it's just part of the deal of being a true supporter to my mind and working out the most economical way to buy tickets to to save some money for something far more meaningless doesn't enter the equation for me - each to their own   
    And if it came to it jacked the job in and found one that fitted in with the football.
    Fair point but I’d still say that having a season ticket is the baseline for being a supporter 
    Just got me internet back Doucher, have I missed anything?
    Nothing really just a load of touchy people who haven’t bothered to read my posts correctly 
  • clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

This may be half in jest or not, but it's what I've always done.
    I've always refused to work Saturday's and my boss did ask what I would do if he was insistent.
    I would have resigned.
    (I'm not saying that makes me a true supporter etc, just saying that's how important it is to me).
    You're a proper true supporter , not a plastic true supporter 
  • Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    I don’t agree.
    You have your reasons.
    THIS

My Dad didn’t get a season ticket until he retired from the British Army - previous to that he wouldn’t be able to go to many games as he was in Germany or Cyprus or loads of other places - but he supported Charlton since the 1940’s, and he was a nailed on Charlton fan to the core
    I’d call that a serious reason not to have one, totally agree although a few in here would expect him to change jobs 
  • clb74 said:
    Uboat said:
    Ditto.
    Season ticket sales will hit 10000 by tomorrow night now.
    Can’t say I haven’t done my bit - I’d like to see season ticket badges so proper and part time supporters can be identified 😂