Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• Options
    lonman said:
    I am in 100% complete agreement with Doucher on this. Im staggered people are getting so bent out of shape about it.

Its stating the obvious that if you dont have a season ticket and/or dont bother attending matches that you're not a 'die hard' fan. Surely the measure of a fan is how many games they attend? 

If Seb who sadly passed away last year had the same attendance record as some of the 'die hard' Charlton fans on here do you think the club would have entered a mourning period for him? Highly unlikely. 

Posting 6 times a day on a Charlton Forum does not measure on the yard stick of Charlton Loyalty im afraid. The only measure that most people would look at is the attendance of games. Unfair? Maybe but then the world is unfair. 

If you cant afford it, have family commitments blah blah excuses that's fine. But you are not as committed as the guy that goes week in week out, home and away. That is so obvious i canot believe im writing it. 

Anyways Doucher 100% support from me and some of the posters are deliberately misinterpreting your posts to suit their own angle. Im expecting it too

Oh and in terms of willy waving, on countless threads the usual suspects always feel the need to give the date of their first home game, or how long they've been supporting the team. Yet insinuate others are willy waving when they suggest those without season tickets are not as loyal as those who bought one. Oh well 

sense has prevailed at last, good man - 99% would agree with you and I but i'm not here to upset the fairweathers any more - i've said what i think and if they don't like it - tough    
  • Options
    lonman said:
    I am in 100% complete agreement with Doucher on this. Im staggered people are getting so bent out of shape about it.

Its stating the obvious that if you dont have a season ticket and/or dont bother attending matches that you're not a 'die hard' fan. Surely the measure of a fan is how many games they attend? 

If Seb who sadly passed away last year had the same attendance record as some of the 'die hard' Charlton fans on here do you think the club would have entered a mourning period for him? Highly unlikely. 

Posting 6 times a day on a Charlton Forum does not measure on the yard stick of Charlton Loyalty im afraid. The only measure that most people would look at is the attendance of games. Unfair? Maybe but then the world is unfair. 

If you cant afford it, have family commitments blah blah excuses that's fine. But you are not as committed as the guy that goes week in week out, home and away. That is so obvious i canot believe im writing it. 

Anyways Doucher 100% support from me and some of the posters are deliberately misinterpreting your posts to suit their own angle. Im expecting it too

Oh and in terms of willy waving, on countless threads the usual suspects always feel the need to give the date of their first home game, or how long they've been supporting the team. Yet insinuate others are willy waving when they suggest those without season tickets are not as loyal as those who bought one. Oh well 

so where do you put someone who for over twenty odd years had a season ticket, travelled to the vast majority of away games but has now moved away and whose circumstances have changed. Are they a lesser fan because of that? Bollocks they are. At the end of the day we all support Charlton, that should be enough.
  • Options
    strewth !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    lonman said:

so where do you put someone who for over twenty odd years had a season ticket, travelled to the vast majority of away games but has now moved away and whose circumstances have changed. Are they a lesser fan because of that? Bollocks they are. At the end of the day we all support Charlton, that should be enough.
    If that were me Id say"I used to be a huge fan, Home and away for 20 years. Since ive moved to Sevenoaks i cant be arsed with the traffic so now i just follow them. Not a die hard like i used to be"
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Got mine this morning (first time in over 20 years!!). Had a bit of trouble getting the over 65 ticket price to work, but rung the ticket office bang on 09:30 and they sorted it all out in about 5 minutes. Happy as Larry that next season I'll be back down the Valley as often as possible, Mrs Redmidland cant bloody wait!!
    😉
  • Options
    lonman said:
    lonman said:

If that were me Id say"I used to be a huge fan, Home and away for 20 years. Since ive moved to Sevenoaks i cant be arsed with the traffic so now i just follow them. Not a die hard like i used to be"

Sevenoaks isn't moving away lol. Where would you put someone who now lives in say North Wales?
  • Options
    lonman said:
    lonman said:

Sevenoaks isn't moving away lol. Where would you put someone who now lives in say North Wales?
    Dont anyone dare say a "nuthouse" lol
  • Options
    Sunderland sold 21,000.
  • Options
    lonman said:
    lonman said:

Dont anyone dare say a "nuthouse" lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sunderland sold 21,000.
    After several seasons at this level that’s a fantastic number 
  • Options
    Very few true fans in this picture. Fuck knows what they are celebrating.

Charlton Athletic 2-1 Sunderland League One play-off final  as it  happened  Football  The Guardian

On sale here
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294043413560?hash=item44765a6c38:g:JDoAAOSwRUpgP3ql
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I’m an 100% plastic supporter. I only go to the the Wembley games because it’s near where I live. Can’t be arsed to visit The Valley. 
  • Options
    lonman said:

Unable to afford to attend games does not make you as committed.......
    Mind blowing tbf.
    At least @Doucher is mildly amusing.

• Options
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

And if Thomas can make games from overseas, why can't everyone (LOL!)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    lonman said:

I agree we all support Charlton,  but there are different levels of support.
    You will be there through thick and thin no matter what the division, others wont.

• Options
    What do you miss if you miss the early bird
    The early worm?
  • Options
    The sales numbers are decent, which bodes for a high expectation level. 
    Pressure on Nads to hit the ground running, and play some “ooh and ah” footy - not that passing backwards crap that we have been watching on a laptop for the past year. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

Never been more insulted - I’m amusing,  not mildly amusing - and for the thousandth time - not having the money and living at the other end of the country are valid reasons not to have a ticket 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

Never been more insulted - I’m amusing,  not mildly amusing - and for the thousandth time - not having the money and living at the other end of the country are valid reasons not to have a ticket 

Not having the money isn't a valid reason according to your old mucker @lonman who you describe as a good man who 99% on here would agree with.

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

Not having the money isn't a valid reason according to your old mucker @lonman who you describe as a good man who 99% on here would agree with.

Zzzzz - I’ve made my point, don’t be childish - it’s the fairweathers that Im digging out, not the poor 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    bobmunro said:
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

Zzzzz - I’ve made my point, don’t be childish - it’s the fairweathers that Im digging out, not the poor 
    Doucher I've got you done for accrington away mate
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    bobmunro said:
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

Great I’m going to bring a medal to pin on your chest 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

So, considering it’s a 235.9 mile trip from my back door to the Valley (471.8 mile round trip), I work alternate weekends and going by the last two seasons home games were played on my weekends on, midweeks are impossible as during the week I don’t finish until 7pm and I don’t possess a mode of transport to travel 235.9miles in forty minutes you’ll concede that I have a valid reason for not buying a season ticket? Say yes and I’ll overlook you calling me a prat earlier today.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

So, considering it’s a 235.9 mile trip from my back door to the Valley (471.8 mile round trip), I work alternate weekends and going by the last two seasons home games were played on my weekends on, midweeks are impossible as during the week I don’t finish until 7pm and I don’t possess a mode of transport to travel 235.9miles in forty minutes you’ll concede that I have a valid reason for not buying a season ticket? Say yes and I’ll overlook you calling me a prat earlier today.
    You’re still a prat  coz u should have read what I said - repeatedly - in the first place - before having a pop 
  • Options
    but I don’t hold grudges so willing to forgive you 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

Can you not have the weekends off we are playing at the valley?
  • Options
    but I don’t hold grudges so willing to forgive you 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    bobmunro said:
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

Great I’m going to bring a medal to pin on your chest 
    He'll prefer it up his bum.