Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    bobmunro said:
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:
    I am in 100% complete agreement with Doucher on this. Im staggered people are getting so bent out of shape about it.

Its stating the obvious that if you dont have a season ticket and/or dont bother attending matches that you're not a 'die hard' fan. Surely the measure of a fan is how many games they attend? 

If Seb who sadly passed away last year had the same attendance record as some of the 'die hard' Charlton fans on here do you think the club would have entered a mourning period for him? Highly unlikely. 

Posting 6 times a day on a Charlton Forum does not measure on the yard stick of Charlton Loyalty im afraid. The only measure that most people would look at is the attendance of games. Unfair? Maybe but then the world is unfair. 

If you cant afford it, have family commitments blah blah excuses that's fine. But you are not as committed as the guy that goes week in week out, home and away. That is so obvious i canot believe im writing it. 

Anyways Doucher 100% support from me and some of the posters are deliberately misinterpreting your posts to suit their own angle. Im expecting it too

Oh and in terms of willy waving, on countless threads the usual suspects always feel the need to give the date of their first home game, or how long they've been supporting the team. Yet insinuate others are willy waving when they suggest those without season tickets are not as loyal as those who bought one. Oh well 

Unable to afford to attend games does not make you as committed.......
    Mind blowing tbf.
    At least @Doucher is mildly amusing.

Never been more insulted - I’m amusing,  not mildly amusing - and for the thousandth time - not having the money and living at the other end of the country are valid reasons not to have a ticket 

Not having the money isn't a valid reason according to your old mucker @lonman who you describe as a good man who 99% on here would agree with.

Zzzzz - I’ve made my point, don’t be childish - it’s the fairweathers that Im digging out, not the poor 
    Doucher I've got you done for accrington away mate
    Great I’m going to bring a medal to pin on your chest 
    He'll prefer it up his bum.
    I’ll bring a trophy instead 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    bobmunro said:
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:
    I am in 100% complete agreement with Doucher on this. Im staggered people are getting so bent out of shape about it.

Its stating the obvious that if you dont have a season ticket and/or dont bother attending matches that you're not a 'die hard' fan. Surely the measure of a fan is how many games they attend? 

If Seb who sadly passed away last year had the same attendance record as some of the 'die hard' Charlton fans on here do you think the club would have entered a mourning period for him? Highly unlikely. 

Posting 6 times a day on a Charlton Forum does not measure on the yard stick of Charlton Loyalty im afraid. The only measure that most people would look at is the attendance of games. Unfair? Maybe but then the world is unfair. 

If you cant afford it, have family commitments blah blah excuses that's fine. But you are not as committed as the guy that goes week in week out, home and away. That is so obvious i canot believe im writing it. 

Anyways Doucher 100% support from me and some of the posters are deliberately misinterpreting your posts to suit their own angle. Im expecting it too

Oh and in terms of willy waving, on countless threads the usual suspects always feel the need to give the date of their first home game, or how long they've been supporting the team. Yet insinuate others are willy waving when they suggest those without season tickets are not as loyal as those who bought one. Oh well 

Mind blowing tbf.

Never been more insulted - I’m amusing,  not mildly amusing - and for the thousandth time - not having the money and living at the other end of the country are valid reasons not to have a ticket 

Not having the money isn't a valid reason according to your old mucker @lonman who you describe as a good man who 99% on here would agree with.

Zzzzz - I’ve made my point, don’t be childish - it’s the fairweathers that Im digging out, not the poor 
    Wtf 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    bobmunro said:
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

The Borg Warner Trophy on a Race Track

• Options
    Handles ain’t big enough 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

So, considering it’s a 235.9 mile trip from my back door to the Valley (471.8 mile round trip), I work alternate weekends and going by the last two seasons home games were played on my weekends on, midweeks are impossible as during the week I don’t finish until 7pm and I don’t possess a mode of transport to travel 235.9miles in forty minutes you’ll concede that I have a valid reason for not buying a season ticket? Say yes and I’ll overlook you calling me a prat earlier today.
    Maybe you are expected to change your job and move!
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    bobmunro said:
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

It'll fit as well......sideways.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

So, considering it’s a 235.9 mile trip from my back door to the Valley (471.8 mile round trip), I work alternate weekends and going by the last two seasons home games were played on my weekends on, midweeks are impossible as during the week I don’t finish until 7pm and I don’t possess a mode of transport to travel 235.9miles in forty minutes you’ll concede that I have a valid reason for not buying a season ticket? Say yes and I’ll overlook you calling me a prat earlier today.
    Unpaid leave perhaps.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    but I don’t hold grudges so willing to forgive you 

I appreciate your graciousness, I will say no more on the matter good sir.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

I will uproot my wife away from her family and transfer to Belmarsh. I’m sure she won’t mind leaving behind everything she knows to live in a city she doesn’t appreciate to exist on beans on toast whilst we pay an extortionate rent or mortgage just so I can go to the football about thirty times a year. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

Can you not have the weekends off we are playing at the valley?

If you can ok it with Mrs AUN I’ll do my best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

I will uproot my wife away from her family and transfer to Belmarsh. I’m sure she won’t mind leaving behind everything she knows to live in a city she doesn’t appreciate to exist on beans on toast whilst we pay an extortionate rent or mortgage just so I can go to the football about thirty times a year. 
    I appreciate that. But you cannot claim to be as dedicated to Charlton as the guy that goes week in week out. 
  • Options
    Ilonman said:
    Final Post from me on  this because it's getting a bit silly now. I'm not digging out the poor, nor the man who has a 235.9 mile round trip to The Valley or the guy that's got a couple of kids and needs to take them to cricket practise on a Saturday. 

The point that I'm making is that as sad as it is none of the aforementioned will ever win fan of the year.

Imagine the club ran a 'Fan of the year' tournament and it was awarded to a chap that had never been to a game that season because he couldn't afford a ticket, or to a guy that lived 235.9 miles away and couldn't make any home games. That is never going to happen.

Unfortunately in a quest to be 'all inclusive' and everyone is a 'proper fan' and 'totally dedicated' some people on here are looking a little silly.

I'm not the most dedicated fan there are fans far more hardcore and dedicated than me and I have no problem with that at all. I have other things going on in my life so make most home games and try to get to a few away games each year.

I will repeat for the last time that in the eyes of most football fans the amount of games attended in a season equals your dedication to the cause. I don't really see whats so controversial about it.

I wonder how many of these 'hardcore' non attending fans support the club in other ways with a Valley Gold subscription. I am not privy to the numbers but I would imagine the majority of Valley Gold subscriptions are held by those who hold Season Tickets and that would prove my point.

PS @LargeAddick if I lived in Sevenoaks, North Wales, North Dakota or Australia I would still say " I used to be a die hard fan, home and away now I live miles away I only follow them" and I wouldn't lose any sleep about it.

Well said 
  • Options
    lonman said:
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

I appreciate that. But you cannot claim to be as dedicated to Charlton as the guy that goes week in week out. 
    That is, I think true. But we didn't start out with the dedicated word did we?  I'm not looking back but I think the phrase used was not a true supporter.
    Just look at those two words: true supporter.  In this context true means sincere or loyal. Supporter means fan. The concept of someone not buying a season ticket does not preclude them from being a sincere or loyal fan.  In terms of the word loyal you could argue it just means not supporting another team.
    Consequently, Doucher's argument was based upon a false premise. As such the syllogism fails and the conclusion drawn by Doucher is in error.  That's all.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    lonman said:
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

That is, I think true. But we didn't start out with the dedicated word did we?  I'm not looking back but I think the phrase used was not a true supporter.
    Just look at those two words: true supporter.  In this context true means sincere or loyal. Supporter means fan. The concept of someone not buying a season ticket does not preclude them from being a sincere or loyal fan.  In terms of the word loyal you could argue it just means not supporting another team.
    Consequently, Doucher's argument was based upon a false premise. As such the syllogism fails and the conclusion drawn by Doucher is in error.  That's all.
    I was talking about a Mutley type scenario where he is holding off until he’s seen what the team is gonna look like coz he might prefer to be somewhere else if it doesn’t go well - or somebody who is calculating if he can make so many games and maybe David a tenner if he doesn’t get a season ticket - those are the types who have little right to start complaining if things don’t go well 
  • Options
    lonman said:
    DOUCHER said:
    lonman said:

Mind blowing tbf.

Of course I absolutely appreciate that I’m not as dedicated as the supporter who goes week in, week out. I’m certainly not as dedicated as I was in the 90s when I had no ties, was living at my mums and going to the football was my life. Season ticket every season, most of the aways, booking leave for pre-season friendlies. I racked up thousands of miles travel in that decade. My life has changed considerably since then though but that’s not the point. If you read back through this thread the comment that originally made me pipe up was about being a ‘true’ supporter. My love for the club is as true as anyone’s and it always will be and I don’t have to justify that to anyone.
    Agreed and u have a valid and serious reason not to go to games which is why, in my definition, u t a true supporter 
  • Options
    Understood gaffer 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @DOUCHER would approve no doubt 🙂

https://twitter.com/cafcofficial/status/1400827711522848770?s=21

Not  sure where this ranks as a True Supporter however. 

• Options
    I just want to say one thing. I don't expect or want to be voted fan of the year. I think the title should have been retired after Seb anyway. Over the years I have been to more games than I care to remember but have never judged people harshly who have attended less. I am actually pretty angry we are in League One and peeved that there are fans who are happy with that fact. Call me a glory hunter but I would be the only Charlton fan who is if that is the case. :) 

My dog is named after JJ and my son was christened at the Valley and I have been attending regularly since 1975 which qualifies me as a Charlton fan even if I am not a better one that Doucher.
    Four new grounds for me next season in league 1 Muttley.
    We are where we are.
    None of us are happy we are in league 1 but our team is our team.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    I am going to watch us, possibly every game, but any more nonsense like last season and I'll pass on a few games. Signing Aneke up would probably be enough for me to get a season ticket as a sign of intent. if not I'll wait for other signs rather than words. I do like what Sandgaard said about the upcoming season. It makes me optimistic the business is going to happen and be good. I could see last season that keeping Bowyer was potentially costing us promotion but many of the loyal supporters preferred for us not to go up than sack him. At least I put my club before one man. And I bought and watched every stream.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I just want to say one thing. I don't expect or want to be voted fan of the year. I think the title should have been retired after Seb anyway. Over the years I have been to more games than I care to remember but have never judged people harshly who have attended less. I am actually pretty angry we are in League One and peeved that there are fans who are happy with that fact. Call me a glory hunter but I would be the only Charlton fan who is if that is the case. :) 

My dog is named after JJ and my son was christened at the Valley and I have been attending regularly since 1975 which qualifies me as a Charlton fan even if I am not a better one that Doucher.
    We are where we are.
    What, 4 new grounds?
    I thought you were a proper away fan.
    Only Lincoln & Morecambe new for me.
    What are the other 2?
  • Options
    clb74 said:

We are where we are.
    What, 4 new grounds?
    I thought you were a proper away fan.
    Only Lincoln & Morecambe new for me.
    What are the other 2?
    Crewe and Cheltenham mate
  • Options
    Fleetwood is a nice trip if it is warm. Stay in Blackpool for a night and get the tram to the ground. A night is enough though!