Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• Ignore the troll.
    It’s difficult when they’re currently posting 10 times per page on this thread.
    Its almost like they've dug themselves into a hole, and are now overcompensating when everyone else has moved on.
  • I'm sure I should be able to see this but is there a price for a disabled supporter who wants to sit in the North Upper ?
  • Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    What about Valley Gold?

Wannabe
    lapsed valley gold - in fact if you are a member of CAST and don't have a season ticket, i'd put you down as a moany f&&&er who wants wants wants but aren't prepared to put their money where there mouth is - sub glory boy 
    Problem is I'm a ST holder, CAST member and Valley Gold member.

Wannabe.

Congratulations but you're playing a different game - have u got any more 'medals' in your locker because if you haven't i think i can trump you   

I'm not playing a game.

Just trying to point out to you that no one is a better or more loyal supporter than anyone else, because they either choose to or choose not to purchase a season ticket.

Indeed, I'd probably say that about 95% of the posters on this board are true Charlton fans, no matter what their level of commitment to the Club is.

It's not a willy waving contest. 
    What is it called once the women get involved?
    Flange flapping?
    Source. 
    Video 
    Come on.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    What about Valley Gold?

Wannabe
    lapsed valley gold - in fact if you are a member of CAST and don't have a season ticket, i'd put you down as a moany f&&&er who wants wants wants but aren't prepared to put their money where there mouth is - sub glory boy 

Wannabe.

Congratulations but you're playing a different game - have u got any more 'medals' in your locker because if you haven't i think i can trump you   

I'm not playing a game.

Just trying to point out to you that no one is a better or more loyal supporter than anyone else, because they either choose to or choose not to purchase a season ticket.

Indeed, I'd probably say that about 95% of the posters on this board are true Charlton fans, no matter what their level of commitment to the Club is.

well, i disagree, as you know - i'm afraid that if you area  glory boy / fairweather then you are effectively a customer, the same term that katrien meire used to insult true loyal supporters, for who, the support is unconditional on whether the team is any good or not - and that, my friend, is my point 
    I know you’re enjoying this season ticket thread being all about you, but calling fellow supporters/fans customers is pathetic. 
    I didn’t, Meire did
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    What about Valley Gold?

Wannabe

Wannabe.

I'm not playing a game.

well, i disagree, as you know - i'm afraid that if you area  glory boy / fairweather then you are effectively a customer, the same term that katrien meire used to insult true loyal supporters, for who, the support is unconditional on whether the team is any good or not - and that, my friend, is my point 

I’m making a point 
    What is it?
  • Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    What about Valley Gold?

Wannabe

Wannabe.

I'm not playing a game.

I know you’re enjoying this season ticket thread being all about you, but calling fellow supporters/fans customers is pathetic. 
    I didn’t, Meire did
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    What about Valley Gold?

Wannabe

Wannabe.

I'm not playing a game.

I’m making a point 
    What is it?
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    What about Valley Gold?

Wannabe

Wannabe.

I'm not playing a game.

I didn’t, Meire did
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    What about Valley Gold?

Wannabe

Wannabe.

I'm not playing a game.

I’m making a point 
    What is it?
    U know what it is - I’ll give others the floor on here now 
  • DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    What about Valley Gold?

Wannabe

Wannabe.

I'm not playing a game.

I didn’t, Meire did
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    What about Valley Gold?

Wannabe

Wannabe.

I'm not playing a game.

I’m making a point 
    What is it?
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    What about Valley Gold?

Wannabe

Wannabe.

I'm not playing a game.

I didn’t, Meire did
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    What about Valley Gold?

Wannabe

Wannabe.

I'm not playing a game.

I’m making a point 
    What is it?
    You off now mate.
    Dont forget that away game next season,  a proper day out one.

• clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    What about Valley Gold?

Wannabe

Wannabe.

I'm not playing a game.

I didn’t, Meire did
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    What about Valley Gold?

Wannabe

Wannabe.

I'm not playing a game.

I’m making a point 
    What is it?
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    What about Valley Gold?

Wannabe

Wannabe.

I'm not playing a game.

I didn’t, Meire did
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    What about Valley Gold?

Wannabe

Wannabe.

I'm not playing a game.

I’m making a point 
    What is it?
    You off now mate.
    Dont forget that away game next season,  a proper day out one.

Play off final b ok ? 
  • DOUCHER said:
    i agree - the brought instead of bought thing is annoying and so many people do it  
    But was it brought with Adkins, Iniss and the Belgiums?
  • Sponsored links:

• holyjo said:
    I'm sure I should be able to see this but is there a price for a disabled supporter who wants to sit in the North Upper ?
    There's a detailed price list near the end of the brochure, if you've got that. £325 adult, £230 over 65 or under 21, £215 wheelchair user over 65 or under 21.
  • edited June 2021
    Bloody hell @DOUCHER, give it a fucking rest!! You're doing my head in!! This thread and others are not about you!! If you're Wumming on purpose well done, you've fucking wound me up!! If you're not...what the hell you playing at?? Just stop!
    Yep, tedious c***ty behaviour but I guess some people have that need to be noticed instead of just accepting that in the grand scheme of things they’re irrelevant in anything.
    i've said i'll pass the floor over to others so why carry it on? its only tedious coz people like u can't grasp the point i'm making 
  • Uboat said:
    se9addick said:
    AndyG said:
    I think it really depends on one thing. That thing is if TS is going to be there. If he is then I would be really shocked if it isnt a total sell-out as that will be the day that the fans can show him the thanks for getting us out of the shit
    I think you are falling into the trap of thinking all supporters are engaged to the same extent as the core group. I doubt there are an extra 10,000 likely to turn up to see the owner. The Covid rebound, however, Is very hard to estimate. The squad will also be a factor.
    I brought a season ticket even though I live in Finland, a big part of that is down to both covid and Thomas taking over. If there is a realistic possiblity I can attend the opening game (I'll be fully vac at this point) then I'll be straight over.

He deserves a welcoming from a mostly sold out valley when the opportunity presents itself imo.
    “Bought” not “brought”, irrationally winds me up for some reason!
    I'm with you & its because they mean completely different things. 

Might as well say..."I kitchen sink my season ticket yesterday".
    Except everyone knows what someone means when they say brought instead of bought, so actually quite different. 
    But that doesn't mean they are right. What it generally means is that other people are too nice & gracious to pull them up on it.

If everytime someone used "brought" instead of "bought" people called them out on it then they might realise their mistake.

I'd love to be a police office & when arresting someone they say " I didn't do nuffik". I'd just bang them up & say "that's your confession right there son". 
    Not something I've ever been accused of.
  • Come on now.

We're all Charlton.

Different strokes for different folks and all that; you just can't generalise about the circumstances that different Addicks find themselves in due to geography, health and finances.  At the end of the day we are all Charlton fans and support the club in our own way.  We need to stick together.

I just hope that we can create as much of a buzz as possible about this new chapter in our history and get as many people on board as possible, whatever their circumstances.

Personally, I can't wait to get down the Valley again and join others in showing my appreciation for Tommy giving us the chance to finally move forward meaningfully as a club again.

I have a feeling that it's going to be an exciting time for us all...

COYA!

• Totally agree . COYR 
  • The thing is for me, the Muttley of a few years ago is no longer the same. My percentage of home games attended, even at Sellout is very high, but when I watched my son play and later managed his side, I have to be honest and say I prioritised that over Charlton at the time in terms of my heart and I also have developed an intolerance of rubbish and losing along with a hatred of excuses.

That is not to say I will ever stop supporting Charlton, but I have developed into a more demanding fan. League One is not good enough for our club and a mediocre League One season is not acceptable. I will always follow and support Charlton but to actually go and watch every game, I want that to be worth my while and make me happier not sadder. 

I have been through all the thick and thin and can no longer be arsed with the thin in terms of getting off my backside and watching us. I know many would watch us with their blankets and flasks if we were non league, but I hope to be watching us in the Premier League again and wouldn't want to reward failure. The only exception would have been if we were forced to form a phoenix club which mercifully doesn't look likely now. If we did that and were pushing in the right direction I could support that wherever the starting point was.
  • Jac_52 said:
    mendonca said:

Might sign my cat up for that. She's a big Purrington fan.
    Not as much as Mr Purrington himself 😝

• DOUCHER said:
    Uboat said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    What about Valley Gold?

Wannabe

Wannabe.

I'm not playing a game.

I didn’t, Meire did
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Addickted said:
    What about Valley Gold?

Wannabe

Wannabe.

I'm not playing a game.

I’m making a point 
    Hope it's a very sharp one .

And that you feckin sit on it !
    I don’t say it nearly often enough, but I bloody love you woman ❤️
  • edited June 2021
    I will end up paying more buying match by match. Purrington is a great name for a cat btw.
  • Sponsored links:

• If you have the gear to do it, which you must do if you are doing it now, it is probably pleasure rather than punishment!
  • If you have the gear to do it, which you must do if you are doing it now, it is probably pleasure rather than punishment!
    You may say that - I couldn't possibly comment!
  • edited June 2021
    I am in 100% complete agreement with Doucher on this. Im staggered people are getting so bent out of shape about it.

Its stating the obvious that if you dont have a season ticket and/or dont bother attending matches that you're not a 'die hard' fan. Surely the measure of a fan is how many games they attend? 

If Seb who sadly passed away last year had the same attendance record as some of the 'die hard' Charlton fans on here do you think the club would have entered a mourning period for him? Highly unlikely. 

Posting 6 times a day on a Charlton Forum does not measure on the yard stick of Charlton Loyalty im afraid. The only measure that most people would look at is the attendance of games. Unfair? Maybe but then the world is unfair. 

If you cant afford it, have family commitments blah blah excuses that's fine. But you are not as committed as the guy that goes week in week out, home and away. That is so obvious i canot believe im writing it. 

Anyways Doucher 100% support from me and some of the posters are deliberately misinterpreting your posts to suit their own angle. Im expecting it too

Oh and in terms of willy waving, on countless threads the usual suspects always feel the need to give the date of their first home game, or how long they've been supporting the team. Yet insinuate others are willy waving when they suggest those without season tickets are not as loyal as those who bought one. Oh well 

• Poor Seth…
  • se9addick said:
    Poor Seth…
    I want to laugh at this but it’s both funny seeing as he means Seb
  • Swiftly returning to season tickets...

Surely we will start the season with 10,000 STHs minimum!? 

A good preseason, and some top signings will only push people into renewing- a fast start and numbers will be bumper!
  • _MrDick said:
    se9addick said:
    Poor Seth…
    I want to laugh at this but it’s both funny seeing as he means Seb
    Ah right, I thought @AFKABartram had gone further than normal when Seth got banned. 
  • sammy391 said:
    Swiftly returning to season tickets...

Surely we will start the season with 10,000 STHs minimum!? 

A good preseason, and some top signings will only push people into renewing- a fast start and numbers will be bumper!
    At 8,500 now, I reckon 10,000 would be a really good number to land on by the first game of the season and I’m hopeful it can be done.

For what it’s worth I don’t think the signings are going to be “top” - they aren’t likely to be big household names that get people who are undecided excited and parting with their money. 
  • I have waited until the cheap deal deadline is over, so i can pay the club more for my seat!

Do i get a badge Doucher?
    games over - a lot of people were getting their knickers in a twist, but yes