Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• Options
    Did sales conk out when we reached 8500, or have I missed any further updates?
  • Options
    Of course they didn't say how far ahead of August 7th they'd send them out, so we could still be waiting for another month!
  • Options
    Ipswich have sold 12+ thousand already 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Is there anything else to do in Ipswich except for sleeping with your family? 
    That's unfair,  ever heard of the All England Mangle Werzel Triathlon and Truss Gurning Ho Down?
  • Options
    Is there anything else to do in Ipswich except for sleeping with your family? 
    Mindlessly mow down pheasants 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Completely off the back of a great summer of football, I've just purchased. First ST for nearly 20 years. 
    I suspect you won’t be the only one as the new season gets closer. Could turn out to be a smart move getting in quick while there’s plenty of choice for a seat where, or near where, you want one.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Completely off the back of a great summer of football, I've just purchased. First ST for nearly 20 years. 
    Usual place?
    Yeah man, middle back of J block. Let's have a beer this year 🍻
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shine166 said:
    I suspect you won’t be the only one as the new season gets closer. Could turn out to be a smart move getting in quick while there’s plenty of choice for a seat where, or near where, you want one.
    Yeah as good as I could have wanted, few singles around me too (for now) incase the mrs or a mate want to come. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Usual place?
    Yeah man, middle back of J block. Let's have a beer this year 🍻
    Certainly.
  • Options
    Sounds like the Scrubs. 
    If you see some of the people...
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Is there a cooling off period ? 🤣
    Maybe, maybe not. But an interesting question and one that (ever since we used to have a "lawyer" as CEO) the club don't seem to have got a very good handle on. 

The T&Cs say (amusingly) 
    20. Purchases made on or after June 15th 2020 shall have no right to cancel their season ticket after that date. The club relies upon the exception under Reg. 6 (2) (b) of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, under which there is no cooling off period following an applicant’s acceptance. 

So, setting aside the date which is clearly a hang over from last season, the Club is still relying upon a piece of redundant legislation replaced by the Consumer Contracts Regulations around seven years ago.

The current legislation is less than helpful in that there is an exemption for the cooling off period for leisure events on a specific date or period of performance. So you can't ask for your money back on a Glasto ticket for example.

But does that wording apply to a whole football season? Who knows? Perhaps the club could get that nice lawyer on secondment from Freshfields to review the T&Cs?
  • Options
    Waiting till we get the 4th division goal machine.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Is there a cooling off period ? 🤣
    Maybe, maybe not. But an interesting question and one that (ever since we used to have a "lawyer" as CEO) the club don't seem to have got a very good handle on. 

The T&Cs say (amusingly) 
    20. Purchases made on or after June 15th 2020 shall have no right to cancel their season ticket after that date. The club relies upon the exception under Reg. 6 (2) (b) of the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000, under which there is no cooling off period following an applicant’s acceptance. 

So, setting aside the date which is clearly a hang over from last season, the Club is still relying upon a piece of redundant legislation replaced by the Consumer Contracts Regulations around seven years ago.

The current legislation is less than helpful in that there is an exemption for the cooling off period for leisure events on a specific date or period of performance. So you can't ask for your money back on a Glasto ticket for example.

But does that wording apply to a whole football season? Who knows? Perhaps the club could get that nice lawyer on secondment from Freshfields to review the T&Cs?
    OK il keep it 😅
  • Options
    Olly said in the TS interview from Tuesday "closing in on 9,000"

What the actual figure is wasn't mentioned.
  • Options

Olly said in the TS interview from Tuesday "closing in on 9,000"

What the actual figure is wasn't mentioned.

Unsurprisingly there tends to be a flurry at the end of July, which may be more pronounced the year. I don't think it has anything to do with signings, btw. Some people just don't see any need to pay in April for something they won't use until August.

Wouldn't expect to see many sales between June and mid-July ever.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeh would imagine there’s loads who only think about it 1-2 weeks before the seasons about to begin. I’m ready for a couple of weeks break off football then it’s back to the real business - this season is SO important!
  • Options
    I think last night’s news may spur on a number that had held back until re-opening was formalised/confirmed. I hope that is the case and I hope we eventually reach 12k before kick off, which would be an amazing number for League One division football. 
  • Options
    I am only basing my point on mates that told me they were holding off until they knew that the restrictions were ending, as didn’t want their money stuck in Charlton cash for streaming etc. They may be in the ‘very few out there’ based on your view Airman, as I know you have tons of knowledge/experience in this area over the years.

My glass is more than half full today 😂
  • Options
    I would have thought 10k maybe more realistic, which is still great numbers.
  • Options
    Ipswich have over 12,000 already.
  • Options
    Ipswich have over 12,000 already.
    That's great until you consider how many other clubs we have in and around London.  
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I am only basing my point on mates that told me they were holding off until they knew that the restrictions were ending, as didn’t want their money stuck in Charlton cash for streaming etc. They may be in the ‘very few out there’ based on your view Airman, as I know you have tons of knowledge/experience in this area over the years.

My glass is more than half full today 😂
    I’d be happy to be proven wrong but I think Covid is largely priced in - there is no greater certainty we won’t go back into some kind of lockdown than there was a month ago IMO - and we haven’t hit 12,000 even in the Championship since the unwind from the Premier League in 2008/09, while I think the prices outside the lower Covered End are high enough to pinch. They are higher than ever before in L1. All these things make 10,000 an achievement so I’d be surprised to get 20% more. Of course the club might get creative with the numbers!