Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    who is actually in charge of pricing, does it come under burger boys remit?
    Not sure, but whoever has done it has simply carried on from the same set of prices and structure they have used for the last 5 seasons
    Yeah, doesn't look like anything has changed tbh. Must say I'm very disappointed about that. You should be encouraging "walk ups" not putting them off by charging them more. 

Strange times. 
    But if they still turn up and pay the extra, wheres the incentive for the club to stop? 

Its clearly working for them since they introduced it in 2019. 
    Yep, no problems with walk ups in 2020 or 2021 so far that I can recall…
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Stewart said:
    I am as thick as shite. God knows how you buy a season ticket on line. I’ll call them tomorrow morning. 
    You are not alone . It’s a shambles online . I called them as well . Much easier , although good luck with getting through before ten tomorrow. 

That’s strange because it took me a matter of seconds to renew mine on line.
    Thought it was bloody brilliant......again. 
    Same here, very easy, managed to allocate my wife’s to her number despite her not having had a season ticket for about ten years (sorry Doucher), no problems at all.

Neither of mine were renewals btw.
    Apology accepted - I will consider a new category for a rehabilitated lapsed season ticket holder - it’s a good sign 👍
    Still in 2 minds douch.
    If I get a season ticket probably do 15 games max
    Even if you do 15 games you would be better off, give the other games to a relative or friend
    Exactly what I'm doing
  • Options
    Stop that immediately, he hates being called that! 😉👍
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Stewart said:
    I am as thick as shite. God knows how you buy a season ticket on line. I’ll call them tomorrow morning. 
    You are not alone . It’s a shambles online . I called them as well . Much easier , although good luck with getting through before ten tomorrow. 

Same here, very easy, managed to allocate my wife’s to her number despite her not having had a season ticket for about ten years (sorry Doucher), no problems at all.

Apology accepted - I will consider a new category for a rehabilitated lapsed season ticket holder - it’s a good sign 👍
    Still in 2 minds douch.
    Even if you do 15 games you would be better off, give the other games to a relative or friend
    He ain't got no friends and his relatives have disowned him. 
  • Options
    28 left in j BLOCK for the Wednesday game 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Not sure, but whoever has done it has simply carried on from the same set of prices and structure they have used for the last 5 seasons
    Yeah, doesn't look like anything has changed tbh. Must say I'm very disappointed about that. You should be encouraging "walk ups" not putting them off by charging them more. 

Strange times. 
    But if they still turn up and pay the extra, wheres the incentive for the club to stop? 

But how do we know people haven't decided to not go, when they saw the £3 increase for late purchases?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

Strange times. 

But how do we know people haven't decided to not go, when they saw the £3 increase for late purchases?
    By seeing if theres a dramatic fall in walkups i guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    CAFCTrev said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

Strange times. 

Imagine traveling all the way to The Valley and going home because tickets are £2 more than you thought, I doubt many would do so. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

Strange times. 

Imagine traveling all the way to The Valley and going home because tickets are £2 more than you thought, I doubt many would do so. 
    I think it's more likely they don't bother to set off, to be honest.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

Strange times. 

I think it's more likely they don't bother to set off, to be honest.
    Luckily, theyl know to purchase earlier than 2 hours before kick off next time then. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Stewart said:

Still in 2 minds douch.
    He ain't got no friends and his relatives have disowned him. 
    Runt of the litter
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

Strange times. 

The point of this is to encourage people to buy early - not least because the club doesn't have the infrastructure to cope with even a modest number buying late. So you can argue that a reduction in late sales is a success, but since there are other variables (opposition, KO time, weather, form) you won't easily know if people are buying earlier or have simply been put off from a late decision to come altogether. 
    Its rare that demand is excessive - you learn from your own mistake  / inconvenience if queuing too long as kick off gets closer is an issue for you. Not sure there needs to be a financial penalty for it. For example, I might been unable to attend for  set of reasons but they changed at short notice and I can now attend - why hold it against me?

If I recall correctly though I think online purchase stops  a few hours  before kick off and that seems unnecessary but presumably some logistical reason exists.

• Options
    shine166 said:
    28 left in j BLOCK for the Wednesday game 
    I thought it was on a Saturday? 

😉
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

Strange times. 

The point of this is to encourage people to buy early - not least because the club doesn't have the infrastructure to cope with even a modest number buying late. So you can argue that a reduction in late sales is a success, but since there are other variables (opposition, KO time, weather, form) you won't easily know if people are buying earlier or have simply been put off from a late decision to come altogether. 
    Its rare that demand is excessive - you learn from your own mistake  / inconvenience if queuing too long as kick off gets closer is an issue for you. Not sure there needs to be a financial penalty for it. For example, I might been unable to attend for  set of reasons but they changed at short notice and I can now attend - why hold it against me?

If I recall correctly though I think online purchase stops  a few hours  before kick off and that seems unnecessary but presumably some logistical reason exists.

It's £2 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

Strange times. 

It's £2 
    Your point?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

Strange times. 

I think online booking stops because the price changes. To be clear, I have never agreed with this charge, I'm just pointing out that the purpose isn't to get the extra cash.
  • Options
    You pay £1.50 booking fee online, so it's actually 50p all this is over (if paying cash)
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

Strange times. 

I think online booking stops because the price changes. To be clear, I have never agreed with this charge, I'm just pointing out that the purpose isn't to get the extra cash.
    If that's why online stops then it seems to me even more short sighted - should be driving people online as far as possible to avoid queues etc.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

Strange times. 

It's £2 
    Your point?
    Getting all worked up over £2 is my point.
    Not 'worked up' at all. Just seems a silly penalty to impose at a time you want to build support not discourage in any way. 

I started in the days before tickets when you might decide to go on a whim / at short notice. Disincentives of any sort in a largely empty ground are not needed.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    You pay £1.50 booking fee online, so it's actually 50p all this is over (if paying cash)
    Interesting point about the 'booking fee' you raise.

I think this is wrong generally when you are doing the work for the club, printing yourself (if you choose) etc. but of course not limited to Football / Charlton in any way. Exists on theatre / cinema tickets too.  More honest / straightforward to adjust the ticket price if this revenue is needed.

I hadn't appreciated that if you call in person and buy the ticket it can be purchased without any 'fee'.

• Options
    There are some strange anomalies. In the past, we have had a West Stand Car Park seasonal pass.  We've always used it for both league and cup games without giving it a thought.

This year, as a post-lockdown treat we've also bought a lounge access pass. This meant we had to sign a (strangely-worded if you are not a corporation) agreement.  It says the lounge and car park passes are only for league games. I've queried this and was told it's always been like that. 

Strange policy in my view. So, we won't be paying more for parking and a lounge for cup games, and will probably just not attend at all.  They will lose out on tickets plus whatever we would have spent in the lounge.  Meanwhile our space in the car park will stay empty on cup days.

On the plus side, we won't have to suffer the indignities of watching Charlton losing at home in the cups to some low-rent crap opposition.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:
    There are some strange anomalies. In the past, we have had a West Stand Car Park seasonal pass.  We've always used it for both league and cup games without giving it a thought.

This year, as a post-lockdown treat we've also bought a lounge access pass. This meant we had to sign a (strangely-worded if you are not a corporation) agreement.  It says the lounge and car park passes are only for league games. I've queried this and was told it's always been like that. 

Strange policy in my view. So, we won't be paying more for parking and a lounge for cup games, and will probably just not attend at all.  They will lose out on tickets plus whatever we would have spent in the lounge.  Meanwhile our space in the car park will stay empty on cup days.

On the plus side, we won't have to suffer the indignities of watching Charlton losing at home in the cups to some low-rent crap opposition.
    Given our historic inability to maintain a cup run - it is short sighted!
  • Options
    How long ago was it when you could pay cash at the turnstiles? Has that ever been an option since we returned to The Valley as I remember doing it at Upton Park
  • Options
    How long ago was it when you could pay cash at the turnstiles? Has that ever been an option since we returned to The Valley as I remember doing it at Upton Park
    Ever since we came back to the Valley you have had to buy a ticket (there used to be booths by the 3 different stands turnstiles) before going into the turnstile.

They had introduced the same system as Selhurst before we left there

We did take cash on the turnstiles at The Valley during a Youth Cup game against United which was total chaos getting the supporters in, but that had more to do with extremely poor planning than taking cash on the gate.