Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• Options
    Haven’t got mine yet.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    COOPS said:
    Hi all. As anyone had their Season Ticket yet? Postie has just gone by. They are cutting it fine. Thanks.
    Mates firm is printing them. Imagine they’ll be with people start of next week. 
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Sorry if already posted but season tickets were apparently sent out Monday. 
    Strange that they have not arrived yet then. One thing about Charlton has always been post arriving next day mostly.
    Depends on how many Royal Mail staff are having to self isolate or suffering from Covid. Would be a knock on effect with your post in the long run.

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Pretty sure they weren't posted Monday. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    They have forgotten to take the sack to the post office again haven’t they!
  • Options
    They always arrive late.
    This season is no different. 
    Stop panicking 
  • Options
    Would've thought with the early bird season tickets including a discount in the club shop and the home kit being available in store tomorrow that they'd have sent them in time for that, but that's maybe just nit-picking 
  • Options
    Season tickets and memberships not arrived yet. Hope I can still get discounts for grandkids’ kits tomorrow. 
  • Options
    BFG94 said:
    Season tickets and memberships not arrived yet. Hope I can still get discounts for grandkids’ kits tomorrow. 
    Memberships do work already, as I quoted my number at ticket office last week when buying a Sheff Wednesday ticket. 
  • Options

Very posh - Guineas and gentlemen. 

£1.05 is £53 in today’s money. But at 70% of then average weekly wage of about £1.50 is not too far off today’s price.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

£1.05 is £53 in today’s money. But at 70% of then average weekly wage of about £1.50 is not too far off today’s price.
    Looks like there was only one price in those days though, whereas there’s now an over 100% difference between the cheapest and most expensive tickets.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Looks like there was only one price in those days though, whereas there’s now an over 100% difference between the cheapest and most expensive tickets.
    Well, I don't think there was a stand until the following year. I guess pricing might have changed then?
  • Options
    What time did The Valley Charabanc leave Larkfied?
  • Options
    Got my season ticket this morning. Looking forward to getting back to the Valley. 
  • Options
    Got mine today too. Onwards and upwards.
  • Options
    Can I be the first to say I bought mine within minutes of them going on sale, and mine hasn't arrived yet. I think a new signing must be delivering mine on transfer deadline day.  B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Postman’s just been, no tickets 😒 next 8 days could be crucial.
  • Options
    Should I book a table in the Valley cafe yet, no tickets yet but I like to flap a little. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Just had an email from the club saying that my Season Ticket is on the way.

Dont know if its the same for everyone but this is the wording in the email

"Your 2021/22 Season Ticket is on its way! - All Season Tickets have been sent out and will be on the way to you now. You should be receiving them in the post today, tomorrow or Monday morning."
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    35 years ago I was a lapsed Brighton supporter (you needed an id card to go the Goldstone and I refused to get one) living in Norwood for a few years. I was wandering around on a sunny day with my new girlfriend and we decided to go to a park for the afternoon.

But I saw a crowd walking along the road and said to her "I know - lets go and see Palace!". So we turned up and paid at the gate.

Turned out it was actually Charlton playing and we've both been season ticket holders ever since. Walk-ups can turn into something much more than £20.00!

There is surely something to be said for giving out the message  "Just turn up whenever you like " to people who have never been to a football match or seen Charlton play. You probably only need a couple of people like me per season to make it worth while!

But accounting methods are not really up to understanding that one ticket purchase might actually lead to the £30,000 - £40,000 revenue (in todays money) we have spent on season tickets etc.

Oh  -  and of course my son AND one of his childhood friends will probably buy a season ticket online this year when they are sure they will be allowed to go although neither of them have ever lived anywhere near the Valley! But that is nothing to do with walk-ups is it?
    Even as a “lapsed” Brighton fan, how on earth did you even contemplate going to watch palarse on a whim?
    I've done a few strange inexplicable things in my life that I just can't explain - but that was definitely the strangest!
    TBF, I remember we used to pop over there sometimes to join the away fans and give them some support…
    I’ve done that on a few occasions as well!
  • Options
    Is the 20% off one drink thing only for one match? If so that's ridiculous 😂