Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season tickets 2021/22 (22nd July - 9,000 sold).

Comments

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    our catchment area is no bigger or smaller than any other London club really - in fact u could argue that the likes of chelsea, arsenal and spurs are sharing more of their catchments than we are - particularly chelsea - and palace probably have a big chunk to themselves - but - its about where the money is and who was successful when - in towns like ipswich that isn't such a factor coz there's only 1 choice really  although there will be some norwich, colchester and west ham marginal areas i guess- in theory, we share our catchment with millwall, west ham and gillingham and palace to a lesser extent- millwall most directly - millwall doing badly and us doing well is probably the only one that may make any difference to our attendances now as historically, the support is now set but there is some transitional / floaters to be scooped up there and if we hit the prem we will probably scoop some floaters off west ham and gillingham and palace. If u live in bexley or greenwich and don't have a charlton season ticket, i want to know why !!!! 
    In our catchment we also compete with Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City. 
    So does every other club 
  • Options
    It’s quite interesting the profile that Norwich have throughout Norfolk, just in newspaper placards never mind people buying regional daily papers, and via other East Anglian media. Ipswich would have a similar sort of penetration in Suffolk.

Charlton don’t have a single newspaper or media outlet which has them as their number one team and no local media covering them at all in most of the catchment area (due respect to the SLP, which has a mainly inner South London catchment).

There is more coverage than ever, online mostly, but it doesn’t reach a wide audience. It’s preaching to the converted, if you like.

While appreciating the local newspaper industry is in terminal decline, that lack of local profile beyond the active fanbase must be damaging. It’s why the decision to cut Charlton from BBC SE last summer was disappointing, even though people in London don’t get it. We are increasingly invisible outside our own bubble. 
    The East Anglian Daily Times is a good example. It's a daily morning paper based in Ipswich and doesn't a huge circulation but people buy it instead of the nationals. It ran 10 pages on the ITFC takeover.
  • Options
    The signing of Sean Clare was just to good for some people 
  • Options
    Thread title needs changing.
  • Options
    I'd like it to read 'sold out ' ,but hopefully we'll get there in the not to distant future. 
  • Options
    Would be great to get to 10k, but a tough ask. 
    Nice to get to 9 as a L1 club, just one promotion and we would sell 12+ IMO. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still hoping for 26K, another signing should do it. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Messi 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:

Messi 
    I was thinking of the return of a Charlton legend.....

Lyle Taylor Baby
    Corrected. Please use his full honory title,  the Judas c@$t.
  • Options
    Tickets for the Wednesday home game have now gone on sale.
    Ranging from £26 to £33 seems a tad expensive, I am surprised that Sandgaard had not made tickets, including season tickets, a bit more attractive.
    Should we struggle next season I'd imagine these prices would severely affect match day sales.
  • Options
    Ranging from £26 to £33 seems a tad expensive, I am surprised that Sandgaard had not made tickets, including season tickets, a bit more attractive.
    Should we struggle next season I'd imagine these prices would severely affect match day sales.
    Thought it was from £21 a ticket?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Thought it was from £21 a ticket?
    Unless I have read it wrong.
  • Options
    16-9 - MATCH TO MATCH PRICES
  • Options
    Why would you increase prices from 2 hours before kick-off?
    How bizarre. Comes across like some petty penalty against your own fans for being late.
    Have we always done this, as an ST holder I've never noticed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How bizarre. Comes across like some petty penalty against your own fans for being late.
    Wouldn’t see it as a petty penalty against own fans personally. It’s business. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    To incentivise you to buy earlier, probably intended to also help reduce the horrendous queues you sometimes see outside the ticket office with people buying/collecting tickets just before kick off. 
    Yeh, fair enough.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    To incentivise you to buy earlier, probably intended to also help reduce the horrendous queues you sometimes see outside the ticket office with people buying/collecting tickets just before kick off. 
    Yeh, fair enough.
    But…as I seem to recall this was a policy adopted and derided under the RD regime. 

Surely we should all be up in arms it still exists ! 🤦‍♂️

Actually I don’t think it’s helpful and just pushes people to the cheaper seats if they do purchase late / on the day when the ground remains largely half full as long as we are in League 1. 
  • Options
    Think it was brought in under Miere and its never been changed. Same as the differnet prices in the same stands. The overall structure of the pricing needs an overhaul
  • Options
    who is actually in charge of pricing, does it come under burger boys remit?
  • Options
    Not sure, but whoever has done it has simply carried on from the same set of prices and structure they have used for the last 5 seasons
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Not sure, but whoever has done it has simply carried on from the same set of prices and structure they have used for the last 5 seasons
    Yeah, doesn't look like anything has changed tbh. Must say I'm very disappointed about that. You should be encouraging "walk ups" not putting them off by charging them more. 

Strange times. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Yeah, doesn't look like anything has changed tbh. Must say I'm very disappointed about that. You should be encouraging "walk ups" not putting them off by charging them more. 

Strange times. 
    But if they still turn up and pay the extra, wheres the incentive for the club to stop? 

Its clearly working for them since they introduced it in 2019. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    DOUCHER said:
    Stewart said:
    I am as thick as shite. God knows how you buy a season ticket on line. I’ll call them tomorrow morning. 
    You are not alone . It’s a shambles online . I called them as well . Much easier , although good luck with getting through before ten tomorrow. 

That’s strange because it took me a matter of seconds to renew mine on line.
    Thought it was bloody brilliant......again. 
    Same here, very easy, managed to allocate my wife’s to her number despite her not having had a season ticket for about ten years (sorry Doucher), no problems at all.

Neither of mine were renewals btw.
    Apology accepted - I will consider a new category for a rehabilitated lapsed season ticket holder - it’s a good sign 👍
    Still in 2 minds douch.
    If I get a season ticket probably do 15 games max
    Even if you do 15 games you would be better off, give the other games to a relative or friend