Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2021
    RedRobin said:
    Personally I think we’re good for goals up top this season, Stockers and Washington will score 35/40 between them, surely? That’s only if we get creative wingers/midfielders in who can assist and also contribute with goals. 

I also think Davison, who looks a completely different player, will surprise a few this season, a bit like Grant, albeit a completely different type of striker. 
    This is why I struggle sometimes with the mega optimistic approach. There is no data, logic or reasoning behind it.

A 40 goal strike partnership would be up there with the best in the division.

Neither Stockley or Washington have demonstrated that they can driver that kind of goal return at league one level. It isn’t about being negative or pessimistic - the logical reasoning is simply not there.

Josh Magennis scoring 18 in the league last season shows you don’t need brilliant strikers at this level if you have a strong team and the right service. Still need signings to get us there of course.

Stockley scored 8 in 22 for us, if he can do that across a whole season and we have a better team 15-20 isn’t unrealistic.

I’m not so convinced about Washington, especially as he’d be playing on the left, I see him more as a player who can get into double figures.

We then need the likes of Gilbey, DJ, Morgan and Clare to score a good amount between them. Adding another attacking player to the squad will also help, maybe two.

I’m hoping we see an improved midfield which results in fewer chances for the opposition and us pressing higher up the pitch, forcing more errors and therefore creating more chances. It might or might not happen, but it was never going be our style with Watson and/or Pratley in the team so often.
  • Options
    Washington and Stockley may well get 40 goals between them BUT that's if they stay fit for the entire season, the issue is strength in depth, Washington does his ACL in the 3rd game of the season then our out and out forward line up is Stockley, Davisson Schwartz* until January.

Davisson may well be a revelation this season, he may not.

Schwartz is playing catch up as his preseason so far has been "running around a bit"  and to date, just hasn't done it for whatever reason. 

We need another forward, proven or highly rated prem  loanee, we just need another option and depth.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Not a bad return from N’Guessan!
    Bloody loans..... 
  • Options
    I think we have quite a lot of goals in the team before the additional strengthening that we will see (no matter when before the window closes). Below are the 2011-2012 top scorers

Unless we sign an out and out goal getter, like BWP, I don’t think we will have a 20+ scorer, but can see the following happen:

Stockley 16
    Washington 12
    Davidson 8
    Clare 6
    DJ 6
    Gilbey 6
    Morgan 4
    JFC 4 
    Inniss 4
    Famewo 2
    Purrington 2
    Clayden/Ghandour 2 

If further loans/signings can chip in with 10-15 between them and perhaps Schwartz will stay and contribute, I do not think we will be far off on equalling the league goal scoring of 2011-12. I actually think I have undercooked DJ and Morgan’s predictions/contributions above, I fancy both to light up this season and I also think we will be much tighter at the back this year.

I thought some of MacGillivray’s shot stopping (albeit in training) yesterday was the best I have seen in a few good years. He looks like a proper Kiely type keeper, brilliant close range shot stopper. Much will depend on Inniss and Famewo’s availability throughout the season 🤕

• Options
    Leuth said:
    My train pulls into Ipswich for a changeover in ten minutes. Will let you all know if I see any Charlton targets disembarking if I can tear my eyes off the freight yard 
    Crickey, even Leuths going to Ipswich!
    Fraser in midfield was too much to resist!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Stockley, Washington and DJ can get 40 between them imo, as long as they start most games. The problems lie after that, I don't see Famewo scoring much or Innis playing enough, don't see Dobson or Morgan getting 10 between them, Clare has the potential to get 10 on his own I suppose. The key to promotion this season will be clean sheets. If I had to guess I would say we will score somewhere between 60-70 goals, it will be enough if we are a solid team at the back. 

Edit: enough for plays offs that is, if we want top2 we obviously need to strengthen 
  • Options
    Sure that's NA walking through the woods.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I knows it's not a rumour, there aren't anyway.

But I find these discussions about who will score the goals quite fascinating about the different permutations people come up with.  I would think we will score something like 65-75 goals next season.  Its the goals against we need to massively improve if we get that down to 40-45 we will be in with a shout. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    arny23394 said:
    Where on earth are people getting these numbers from? 40 between Stockley & Washington means Washington getting 15-20. He’s never got 15 goals in a season playing through the middle, so not sure why some think he’d get that many playing from the left. 

Probably being drawn from the well of wishful thinking. Sometimes the whole chemistry works, but it often doesn't. I can see where goals could come from from us. If we keep Inniss fit, that changes the set piece dynamic greatly. I do see it as being a pivotal season for Morgan and it feels like now or never for him. If it is never, that could well be promotion ruled out for next season as it stands. So far, you are a signed up member of the Rose Tinted Club if you can't see that there are massive IFs though.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

But I find these discussions about who will score the goals quite fascinating about the different permutations people come up with.  I would think we will score something like 65-75 goals next season.  Its the goals against we need to massively improve if we get that down to 40-45 we will be in with a shout. 
    If we can manage to score more than the other side in 46 individual league matches then I fancy our chances.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

If we can manage to score more than the other side in 46 individual league matches then I fancy our chances.
    28 would do
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

28 would do
    Just.
  • Options

Hakeeb Adelakun ????

• Options
    Stockley, Washington and DJ can get 40 between them imo, as long as they start most games. The problems lie after that, I don't see Famewo scoring much or Innis playing enough, don't see Dobson or Morgan getting 10 between them, Clare has the potential to get 10 on his own I suppose. The key to promotion this season will be clean sheets. If I had to guess I would say we will score somewhere between 60-70 goals, it will be enough if we are a solid team at the back. 

Edit: enough for plays offs that is, if we want top2 we obviously need to strengthen 
    Clare has never scored more than 4 league goals in a season. Blimey - even DJ will need to double his best output up to now to hit 10.

The stats don’t lie. Either we will need to make some huge moves (by league one standard) between now and deadline. Or what we have will IMO turn out to be a bog standard league one team. Bearing in mind it’s a much stronger division this year.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Enter ... Celtic's Leigh Griffith's! Getting into some problems off the pitch may see a fresh start south of the border...

Why ever not? If we can tempt Simonsen here then anything's possible! COYA! 
    You on a wind up? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Enter ... Celtic's Leigh Griffith's! Getting into some problems off the pitch may see a fresh start south of the border...

You on a wind up? 
    You DID see whose comment this was, right?  ;)
  • Options
    Croydon said:

You on a wind up? 

• Options
    Madger Gomes isnt showing as a trialist on todays teamsheet...
  • Options
    Madger Gomes isnt showing as a trialist on todays teamsheet...
    Good spot! Wonder if we'll hear something afterwards
  • Options
    Dunno if it's a typo but Madger Gomes not having a (T) next to his name on the teamsheet could be telling
  • Options
    edited July 2021

Clare has never scored more than 4 league goals in a season. Blimey - even DJ will need to double his best output up to now to hit 10.

The stats don’t lie. Either we will need to make some huge moves (by league one standard) between now and deadline. Or what we have will IMO turn out to be a bog standard league one team. Bearing in mind it’s a much stronger division this year.
    Clare’s never started regularly in a 46 game season, if he manages that you’d hope he’d  improve on 3/4 league goals at Hearts assuming he spends most of his time playing as the most advanced CM. He only started 26 and 28 league games at Hearts.
  • Options

I know but Clare looks like he could be that player to me if he consistently gets further forward, I'm just saying it's potential is all, more so than Albie and Dobson. As for DJ I am expecting a big season from him, looks settled and bigger, reckon he will get 10 goals minimum this season, if I'm wrong I'm wrong just a guess.

I don't agree it's a much stronger division, early favourites look like Ipswich, they won't be as good as Peterborough or Hull I don't think. All speculation right now. I think play offs beckon, if we made the right signings we would take this league for a walk with Adkins 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!