Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Stockley, Washington and DJ can get 40 between them imo, as long as they start most games. The problems lie after that, I don't see Famewo scoring much or Innis playing enough, don't see Dobson or Morgan getting 10 between them, Clare has the potential to get 10 on his own I suppose. The key to promotion this season will be clean sheets. If I had to guess I would say we will score somewhere between 60-70 goals, it will be enough if we are a solid team at the back. 

Edit: enough for plays offs that is, if we want top2 we obviously need to strengthen 
    Clare has never scored more than 4 league goals in a season. Blimey - even DJ will need to double his best output up to now to hit 10.

The stats don’t lie. Either we will need to make some huge moves (by league one standard) between now and deadline. Or what we have will IMO turn out to be a bog standard league one team. Bearing in mind it’s a much stronger division this year.
    Scored 4 in a rubbish Swindon side in half a season last year before moving to us. In a better side that create more (we hope), there's every chance he could get 10 in a full season.
    I agree theres every chance but I'd still be surprised if he got more than about 7. We definitely need at least another two players capable of chipping in. 
  • Options
    Stockley, Washington and DJ can get 40 between them imo, as long as they start most games. The problems lie after that, I don't see Famewo scoring much or Innis playing enough, don't see Dobson or Morgan getting 10 between them, Clare has the potential to get 10 on his own I suppose. The key to promotion this season will be clean sheets. If I had to guess I would say we will score somewhere between 60-70 goals, it will be enough if we are a solid team at the back. 

Edit: enough for plays offs that is, if we want top2 we obviously need to strengthen 
    Clare has never scored more than 4 league goals in a season. Blimey - even DJ will need to double his best output up to now to hit 10.

The stats don’t lie. Either we will need to make some huge moves (by league one standard) between now and deadline. Or what we have will IMO turn out to be a bog standard league one team. Bearing in mind it’s a much stronger division this year.
    Scored 4 in a rubbish Swindon side in half a season last year before moving to us. In a better side that create more (we hope), there's every chance he could get 10 in a full season.
    Hopefully be a similar scenario for Davison - Does really well @ Woking before they changed the system where his goals dried up, the same potentially then happened at Forest Green where the system just didnt suit him.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    As fun as it is there is no way anyone can predict, with any real confidence how many anyone will score.  Maybe Stockley?

Because we don't know how we will play yet.  Who will be the most advanced midfielder,  who will be on pens, what sort of role will the wide forwards play.  Will we shoot more often, from range, than under Bowyer? 
    The way we seem to be set up suggests to me Adkins is looking at a counter-attacking style, which probably doesn't lend itself to buckets of goals. Which is fine, as long as the defence is up to the job.

Bowyer came unstuck trying to grind out wins with a makeshift defence more leaky than a broken sieve, but even the early run of wins with a first choice defence didn't really feature a lot of hammerings - 1- or 2-0 wins mostly.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    As fun as it is there is no way anyone can predict, with any real confidence how many anyone will score.  Maybe Stockley?

Because we don't know how we will play yet.  Who will be the most advanced midfielder,  who will be on pens, what sort of role will the wide forwards play.  Will we shoot more often, from range, than under Bowyer? 

Not sure that will have much impact on our goal tally if last season is anything to go by! Really need someone who can put them away from the spot this season, we would have been in the playoffs with a good chance of going up if we scored our pens last year.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

The way we seem to be set up suggests to me Adkins is looking at a counter-attacking style, which probably doesn't lend itself to buckets of goals. Which is fine, as long as the defence is up to the job.

Bowyer came unstuck trying to grind out wins with a makeshift defence more leaky than a broken sieve, but even the early run of wins with a first choice defence didn't really feature a lot of hammerings - 1- or 2-0 wins mostly.
    It’s very similar to how we started last season, a 4-3-3 with Doughty as the main outlet.

Difference is hopefully that this midfield can press more aggressively and get us higher up the pitch. Watson and Pratley would always compete but one has no pace and the other limited on the ball.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

It’s very similar to how we started last season, a 4-3-3 with Doughty as the main outlet.

Difference is hopefully that this midfield can press more aggressively and get us higher up the pitch. Watson and Pratley would always compete but one has no pace and the other limited on the ball.
    See I think it will be more a high press and quick transition than counter attacking.  I also think the "wingers" will come inside more than last season, especially if one is Washington.  I am really excited to see how we play because I think it will be good and I am sad like that. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

See I think it will be more a high press and quick transition than counter attacking.  I also think the "wingers" will come inside more than last season, especially if one is Washington.  I am really excited to see how we play because I think it will be good and I am sad like that. 
    Ideally we’ll be good at both, they can each be elements to our game. The wingers is an interesting point, you have to create width but also have enough threats from players getting into the box. I’m sad like that too, easy to be optimistic and excited for the new season. Sometimes that stops about 10 minutes into the first game!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I hope you are right honestly but while we definitely have more strength and power in midfield now there doesn't seem an awful lot of pace, which could hinder that approach. Matthews is definitely a solid defence type full back rather than an attacking type too, and if Gunter is playing on his "wrong" side I can't see him getting forward much.

Maybe some new signings will clear it up though.
  • Options
    Ipswich all the rage on here of late and they have had what looks like a good window, but they’re starting either Bonne and Pigott up top today, are we really envious of that, really?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ha! Millwall beating Ipswich 1 - 0 at half time.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I hope you are right honestly but while we definitely have more strength and power in midfield now there doesn't seem an awful lot of pace, which could hinder that approach. Matthews is definitely a solid defence type full back rather than an attacking type too, and if Gunter is playing on his "wrong" side I can't see him getting forward much.

Maybe some new signings will clear it up though.
    We should bring in a left back and I’ll be disappointed if either we don’t get one or they’re the solid defensive type, we need them to be an attacking full back with pace.

We should add at least one winger and maybe a pacey striker, that’ll help too.
  • Options
    Ipswich all the rage on here of late and they have had what looks like a good window, but they’re starting either Bonne and Pigott up top today, are we really envious of that, really?!
    It. Is. A. Friendly.
  • Options

Millwall winning is never a cause for laughter, even if they are playing Palace.
  • Options
    Kinda, that’s a good strike force for L1, gives them options too.
  • Options

Millwall winning is never a cause for laughter, even if they are playing Palace.
    3-0 down now those world beaters Ipswich.....
  • Options

So we're rubbish too now by your logic? 
  • Options
    It. Is. A. Friendly.
    One. Week. Before. Seasons. Starts. Teams. Usually. Start. Their. Best. XI
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Kinda, that’s a good strike force for L1, gives them options too.
    Each to their own, I’m not so sure to be honest lots of endeavour but quality?  Not so sure. 
  • Options
    It. Is. A. Friendly.
    We have except for the 2 players missing - Purrington and Gilbey.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Party time in Belmarsh tonight 🤷‍♂️
  • Options

So we're rubbish too now by your logic? 
    No just stating people need to calm down about Ipswich and their transfers and wait till the season starts. 
  • Options
    Lol, I didn't know they were playing Millwall! When I walked past Portman Road earlier I should have done my Spanner impression. I'd be awfully convincing I'm sure
  • Options
    It. Is. A. Friendly.
    They have  Edmundson, Chaplin and Fraser not in the squad. 

Ipswich have Pigott, Bonne, Chaplin, Jackson and Norwood as potential strikers. I'm sure they'll be fine. 
  • Options
    It. Is. A. Friendly.

Ipswich have Pigott, Bonne, Chaplin, Jackson and Norwood as potential strikers. I'm sure they'll be fine. 
    Chaplin played, Jackson is being "jogged on"....... 
  • Options
    It. Is. A. Friendly.

They should be top 6.  The only issue with that number of attackers is that they all cant play.

Two of those will be on the bench and not all subs can do an Aneke. If they are rotated, they may struggle to find rythm and form partnerships.

Only having one option up top makes Adkins life a lot easier.......the last bit is a joke BTW
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It. Is. A. Friendly.

They signed him 3 days ago. 

I imagine Chaplin and Pigott would be their starting strikers. Bonne will find himself coming off the bench a lot with Norwood. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    It. Is. A. Friendly.

They signed him 3 days ago. 

I imagine Chaplin and Pigott would be their starting strikers. Bonne will find himself coming off the bench a lot with Norwood. 
    That's a bit different to not being in the squad..... 
  • Options
    It. Is. A. Friendly.

They should be top 6.  The only issue with that number of attackers is that they all cant play.

Two of those will be on the bench and not all subs can do an Aneke. If they are rotated, they may struggle to find rythm and form partnerships.

Only having one option up top makes Adkins life a lot easier.......the last bit is a joke BTW
    As we learnt last season, a good defence is needed for top 6, as well as decent attack. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!