Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    So, since there have been 400 posts the last 24 hours on this thread, rather than read them, can anyone just save me time and tell me if we actually spent any money on incoming? A yes or no is good enough. Thanks.
  • Options
    So, since there have been 400 posts the last 24 hours on this thread, rather than read them, can anyone just save me time and tell me if we actually spent any money on incoming? A yes or no is good enough. Thanks.
    No
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    No

Thank you.
  • Options
    A little bit surprising that the only triallist we've had all summer is a central midfielder, a position where we're relatively well catered for anyway

If we really wanted to check Gomes out properly, maybe he should have started one of the PSF, instead of coming on later to play alongside the kids?
    We aren't though are we?  Behind the 3 that played today we have Gilbey and Watson who knows how far they are behind and JFC that is out until Xmas.

Then it's kids or at least unproven.  You either go the Gomes route or try for someone better than the 3 starters and Gilbey, which is unlikely. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:

Birmingham lost 0-4. Seems Bowyer needs another week for his ability to improve players to take effect.

Barcaipswich lost 0-3. Seems their title crowning ceremony next Saturday might be delayed until May 22

Bravo, young man! :D
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    A little bit surprising that the only triallist we've had all summer is a central midfielder, a position where we're relatively well catered for anyway

If we really wanted to check Gomes out properly, maybe he should have started one of the PSF, instead of coming on later to play alongside the kids?
    We aren't though are we?  Behind the 3 that played today we have Gilbey and Watson who knows how far they are behind and JFC that is out until Xmas.

Then it's kids or at least unproven.  You either go the Gomes route or try for someone better than the 3 starters and Gilbey, which is unlikely. 
    But it's more cover than most other positions. Watson came on as sub so isn't a million miles away, while Gilbey you'd like to think would be back by say September?

I don't especially rate Dempsey, but presumably he's been given another year for a reason and was also on the bench today, while Henry and Vennings are 2 of our best academy prospects

I wouldn't be upset if we signed Gomes, but it seems a less obvious position to sign someone in.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Jac_52 said:
    Jac_52 said:
    mendonca said:
    Are we backing NA in the transfer market? 

Just something does not seem right to me at the moment. You don't bring in an experienced and proven manager like him, get everybody on board about a huge rebuild. We have 3 "Senior" pros in Ronnie, Gilbey and Watson who have hardly played any pre-season minutes, let alone the new boys. The AMB situation still looms. 

One thing NA wanted at the end of last season - to replace squad players with first team players and reduce the average age of the team. Recently Gallen mentioned how we might bring in some experienced players to help for a season or two. We might have grossly misread and understood the transfer market this season. I feel we have.

I think we are very unprepared and weaker than how we ended the season.

I think we're very prepared in terms of the actual football. I also don't think we're really weaker than last year. Our midfield is such a huge upgrade already in terms of mobility and playing style, we're just severely lacking depth.

Hope you're right mate and hope we have less injuries than we seemed to have past few years as the lack of depth really concerns me.

Think we'll be ok for the first game but yeah if we start picking up injuries early things won't be looking good. We'll almost certainly be bringing in loans at some point and given how long we're waiting to do that they better be bloody good ones!
    The difference is, this season, we don't NEED Levitts or Smiths to make up the numbers.    We might take 1 1st time loan from a Chelsea or City but we are much more likely to be able to get Stockley and Shinnie types from the championship or 2nd time loans like Millar from the big clubs.

Of the 4 loans we will almost certainly get I am confident 3 of them will be very good.

Oh and I would give Madger a year, plus an option in our favour. 
    I would go as far as saying that if we don't give him a year, why give him a trial? He has done enough IMO.  
    So you're saying that every player we give a trial will automatically get a 1 year contract. 
    Apologies, but the whole purpose of a trial is to establish if you wish to offer a player a contract.
    You don't give someone a 1 year contract automatically.
  • Options
    Or he is just concentrating on the playing side of things and as such, just doesn't know 100% but just the initial targets!

Think you just like having a pop at everyone and everything.
  • Options

Brought in as cover to Watson and Gilbey being out, I reckon. Will only be offered a contract if he looks great in training, maybe a deal til Jan when we reassess, especially if JFC is back close to then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Has Chuks kicked a ball for Birmingham yet ? 
  • Options
    Has Chuks kicked a ball for Birmingham yet ? 
    Nope he is going through the "improvement " process at the moment
  • Options
    Did I miss any Lifer rumours today?

Donated to the upbeats regardless of yesterday's post.
  • Options
    Yes. We have signed a player for £1.5m. It’s on page 495. 
  • Options
    Lukas Jutkiewicz (Chuks Aneke 71) - that was today. Expect to see this weekly for many months.
  • Options
    Plenty of people on here said if we kept Inniss and Famewo in the defence we would piss this league, well they are…. An we won’t be.  Still hanging on just a little hope …. But, playoffs looking height of our ambition. 
  • Options
    Plenty of people on here said if we kept Inniss and Famewo in the defence we would piss this league, well they are…. An we won’t be.  Still hanging on just a little hope …. But, playoffs looking height of our ambition. 
    We need a left back, but if Innis and Famewo play most if the games, plus the more energetic midfield that’ll now line up in front of them, we should prove pretty tough to score against. Pissing the league would be over selling it
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Playoffs is probably the height of any teams ambitions. Anything more would be arrogant in the extreme. I don’t think any team in league one will stroll it. Not even Ipswich.
  • Options
    I thought reading on here, that everyone who’s signed everywhere else, means we’re as good as relegated? 
  • Options
    JON.i'm autistic for manager!
  • Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Nope, just fucking insane (and no, I'm not basing that on his name)
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    ButtleJR said:
    What does he expect NA to do ? Rob Thomas and buy players or spend his money behind his back hoping he won't notice the new players. 
    As long as he isn't buying Range Rovers behind his back.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!