Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ipswich all the rage on here of late and they have had what looks like a good window, but they’re starting either Bonne and Pigott up top today, are we really envious of that, really?!
    It. Is. A. Friendly.
    One. Week. Before. Seasons. Starts. Teams. Usually. Start. Their. Best. XI
    They have  Edmundson, Chaplin and Fraser not in the squad. 

Ipswich have Pigott, Bonne, Chaplin, Jackson and Norwood as potential strikers. I'm sure they'll be fine. 
    Chaplin played, Jackson is being "jogged on"....... 
    They signed him 3 days ago. 

I imagine Chaplin and Pigott would be their starting strikers. Bonne will find himself coming off the bench a lot with Norwood. 
    That's a bit different to not being in the squad..... 
    He wasn't announced in their line up at the start of the game. 

Sorry, there's been other games on that have taken my attention. 
  • Options
    Not a very friendly friendly  :lol:

Edmundson didn't feature, Chaplin was on the bench

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-v-millwall-matchday-live-8200340
    Rather like Glasgow Rangers, Millwall don't play friendlies
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Ipswich all the rage on here of late and they have had what looks like a good window, but they’re starting either Bonne and Pigott up top today, are we really envious of that, really?!
    It. Is. A. Friendly.

Ipswich have Pigott, Bonne, Chaplin, Jackson and Norwood as potential strikers. I'm sure they'll be fine. 
    Chaplin played, Jackson is being "jogged on"....... 
    They signed him 3 days ago. 

I imagine Chaplin and Pigott would be their starting strikers. Bonne will find himself coming off the bench a lot with Norwood. 
    That's a bit different to not being in the squad..... 
    He wasn't announced in their line up at the start of the game. 

Sorry, there's been other games on that have taken my attention. 
    You mean another training exercise?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    This Ipswich thing is getting fcking tiring now, has anyone said they'll deff be top 2? Has anyone said their starting 11 is going sh!t all over league 1 and beyond?

Or have people just been saying that they're building a strong SQUAD, with options, like, having 2 solid league 1 strikers on the bench? 

Yes they have

They lost 3-0 in a psf though, so it's cancelled out. Nailed on for relegation. FACT.
  • Options
    So anyway lets move on from Ipswich. 

Why haven't we signed Gomes yet? Feels like something would have come out about this, he's been with us for a while getting minutes. 

Would end up looking a bit stupid if he just leaves us for another League One team. 
  • Options
    I'm taking my money out of premium bonds. It's all on Ipswich. Comfortable retirement, here I come!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This Ipswich thing is getting fcking tiring now, has anyone said they'll deff be top 2? Has anyone said their starting 11 is going sh!t all over league 1 and beyond?

Or have people just been saying that they're building a strong SQUAD, with options, like, having 2 solid league 1 strikers on the bench? 

It is very tiring and yes a few have said Ipswich are nailed on Champions already and plenty have said they are already up.
  • Options
    So anyway lets move on from Ipswich. 

Why haven't we signed Gomes yet? Feels like something would have come out about this, he's been with us for a while getting minutes. 

Would end up looking a bit stupid if he just leaves us for another League One team. 
    Adkins sounded very indecisive about him on Tuesday night

Said he'd give him more minutes against Fulham today (which happened) and that it was difficult for a player to go in somewhere on trial - His words at that time didnt sound like we were close to a decision so be curious to see if that opinion has changed from the Management team
  • Options
    It. Is. A. Friendly.

Good for them five strikers none of which id swap for Stockers 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻
    Maybe not but I would take any of them instead of Davison frankly. 
  • Options
    Oxford sign Gavin Whyte and Nathan Holland on loan. Two wingers I wouldn’t have minded seeing in SE7.
  • Options

We need another striker in if this is the manager's opinion. Clearly Schwartz should be pointed to the door at this point. 
  • Options

We need another striker in if this is the manager's opinion. Clearly Schwartz should be pointed to the door at this point. 
    I think 2 if he goes ! we still need to replace chuks plus a winger/striker wld be ideal if ronnie goes to cover 2 positions needed abit like a leko
  • Options

I think 2 if he goes ! we still need to replace chuks plus a winger/striker wld be ideal if ronnie goes to cover 2 positions needed abit like a leko
    Would agree with this , a Leko type that can be a third winger and also cover up top if needed. 
  • Options
    Oxford sign Gavin Whyte and Nathan Holland on loan. Two wingers I wouldn’t have minded seeing in SE7.
    Honestly have never heard of either of them, I doubt it's a massive loss not getting them looking at their wikies. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Honestly have never heard of either of them, I doubt it's a massive loss not getting them looking at their wikies. 
    Gavin Whyte played for them previously before going to Cardiff - He scored a cracker for them against us at the Valley in a 1-1 draw
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gavin Whyte won League One with Hull last season. 

Nathan Holland was on loan at Oxford last season so clearly they liked the look of him to get him back for this one. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Are we backing NA in the transfer market? 

Just something does not seem right to me at the moment. You don't bring in an experienced and proven manager like him, get everybody on board about a huge rebuild. We have 3 "Senior" pros in Ronnie, Gilbey and Watson who have hardly played any pre-season minutes, let alone the new boys. The AMB situation still looms. 

One thing NA wanted at the end of last season - to replace squad players with first team players and reduce the average age of the team. Recently Gallen mentioned how we might bring in some experienced players to help for a season or two. We might have grossly misread and understood the transfer market this season. I feel we have.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gavin Whyte won League One with Hull last season. 

Nathan Holland was on loan at Oxford last season so clearly they liked the look of him to get him back for this one. 
    Is missed Gavin Whyte's loan at Hull so didn't think it was the same player.  I remember seeing him a couple of times, he is okish.  I still think we will do better. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Just something does not seem right to me at the moment. You don't bring in an experienced and proven manager like him, get everybody on board about a huge rebuild. We have 3 "Senior" pros in Ronnie, Gilbey and Watson who have hardly played any pre-season minutes, let alone the new boys. The AMB situation still looms. 

One thing NA wanted at the end of last season - to replace squad players with first team players and reduce the average age of the team. Recently Gallen mentioned how we might bring in some experienced players to help for a season or two. We might have grossly misread and understood the transfer market this season. I feel we have.
    The massive rebuild is a "fan thing".  It was obvious from the retained list it was never going to be what some hoped. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Gilbey and Watson both got covid. Gilbey was suffering quite badly going by his twitter post a couple of weeks ago. Schwartz got married and then had to quarantine so hasn't been in pre-season training for long.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

I think we are very unprepared and weaker than how we ended the season.

• Options
    mendonca said:

Gilbey and Watson both got covid. Gilbey was suffering quite badly going by his twitter post a couple of weeks ago. Schwartz got married and then had to quarantine so hasn't been in pre-season training for long.
    Completely understand and agree. Am just pointing out the minutes played in pre-season.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

I think we're very prepared in terms of the actual football. I also don't think we're really weaker than last year. Our midfield is such a huge upgrade already in terms of mobility and playing style, we're just severely lacking depth.
  • Options
    Jac_52 said:
    mendonca said:

I think we're very prepared in terms of the actual football. I also don't think we're really weaker than last year. Our midfield is such a huge upgrade already in terms of mobility and playing style, we're just severely lacking depth.

Hope you're right mate and hope we have less injuries than we seemed to have past few years as the lack of depth really concerns me.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!