Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Not sure of it’s relevance but Accrington have just signed a forward.  Couple of previously linked forwards they’ve got, perhaps out of our price range but who knows.  
    Stockley. 
  • Options
    Put it this way - a few weeks back a fair few were very confident that we were going to get the job done, patience would be rewarded, and come 11pm tonight Tommy would have built a squad to challenge for the play offs. 

Wonder if anyone has changed their mind on what they said 3 weeks ago?

Still confident?

Starting to get a bit more concerned now?
    Lee and Kirk are both good signings who will strengthen the squad and show that we're not beyond spending money in certain circumstances. Lee in particular given we had less than 24 hours notice suggests that there is quite a lot being done behind the scenes, and Cawley seems confident that work is ongoing on several deals. In January there was the signing of DJ literally at the last moment so until the actual close of the window things can change 

That said, there's still a lot that can happen, or not happen, so while I'm not nervous yet and can see steps being made in the right direction, quite a lot will need to happen before I see this window as particularly successful.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Put it this way - a few weeks back a fair few were very confident that we were going to get the job done, patience would be rewarded, and come 11pm tonight Tommy would have built a squad to challenge for the play offs. 

Wonder if anyone has changed their mind on what they said 3 weeks ago?

Still confident?

Starting to get a bit more concerned now?
    Lee and Kirk are both good signings who will strengthen the squad and show that we're not beyond spending money in certain circumstances. Lee in particular given we had less than 24 hours notice suggests that there is quite a lot being done behind the scenes, and Cawley seems confident that work is ongoing on several deals. In January there was the signing of DJ literally at the last moment so until the actual close of the window things can change 

That said, there's still a lot that can happen, or not happen, so while I'm not nervous yet and can see steps being made in the right direction, quite a lot will need to happen before I see this window as particularly successful.
    Whether you believe it or not, but the club said that they'd been trying to get DJ for three days before the closure of the window in January - So hopefully if there is a late deal its because its been a slow mover of late rather than a panicked signing for the sake of it.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Really hope we are not in for Eaves.. I think he is proper pony.
    At this level he isn't.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    I'd have Barker I think, did ok at Oxford last season. 
    Our scouts must have spent the entire season at the Kassam.
    Could have just left a window open at SL and would have just been able to hear Robinson chatting bollocks about them.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    At this level he isn't.
    26 games 4 goals last time he played Leauge One football in a title winning side.
  • Options
    I'd take Eaves as a back-up centre forward option at this stage... albeit I'm not sure that is any sort of threshold of how good he is!

Vfrf said:
    Addick_8 said:
    At this level he isn't.
    26 games 4 goals last time he played Leauge One football in a title winning side.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd take Eaves as a back-up centre forward option at this stage... albeit I'm not sure that is any sort of threshold of how good he is!

Vfrf said:
    Addick_8 said:
    At this level he isn't.

In all fairness, I'd probably still take him over Davison, we don't have a backup target man which seems integral to our tactics. Both Lee and Washginton can play as 'runners' and if Schwartz can fit into any category with us it's that one.
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    Addick_8 said:
    At this level he isn't.
    Only 6 starts, but then again he was back up for Magennis…
  • Options
    Put it this way, I'd rather Novak than Eaves. That's how much I don't rate him.
  • Options
    If you wouldn't take Eaves to sit on our bench in League One, you don't know you're born 
  • Options
    Fairly sure it's Portsmouth after Eaves.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Put it this way, I'd rather Novak than Eaves. That's how much I don't rate him.
    What about Abbott? Hard to remember which was which, their performances almost blend into one slow non-scoring L1 striker.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    If you wouldn't take Eaves to sit on our bench in League One, you don't know you're born 
    That was a cracker..
  • Options
    Eaves can barely run. If you pass it more than 6 feet from him he won’t move. He’s a very poor substitute for Jayden
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Someone's gonna slag off Deon Burton in a moment and then there are gonna be problems 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The only thought keeping me positive and there doesn't seem to be anything happening elsewhere so far with Lowery, Dale, Dempsey or Charles... so you never know a chairman or two might panic last minute.

... overly optimistic I know.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    The only thought keeping me positive and there doesn't seem to be anything happening elsewhere so far with Lowery, Dale, Dempsey or Charles... so you never know a chairman or two might panic last minute.

Jephcott, Lowery and Tucker would be deals of the window if we could land one. I'd love one in that order knowing Dale is out of reach for us.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Someone's gonna slag off Deon Burton in a moment and then there are gonna be problems 
    I'll stand alongside you in support of Deon Burton but you're on your own with Eaves

Unless of course we can face a Centre-Back pairing of Harry Lennon and Naby Sarr every week?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Silly boy got himself sent off in that mental game when we finished with 9 men
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Leuth said:
    Silly boy got himself sent off in that mental game when we finished with 9 men
    He knew Llera could do the big man up front job tbf
  • Options
    (actually, in that game, Akpo Sodje ran himself into the ground in that role - someone like that wouldn't be the worst backup, for all that he was from a....troubled family) 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

Can’t rule it out a good permanent signing or two just because there’s not a rumour out there.

Cawley’s confirmed we’re working on signings and we do seem to attempt to keep them quiet as long as possible.

DJ came from nowhere on deadline day, and the first time Famewo signed he wasn’t mentioned anywhere, no one knew who he was.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    tick tock 
    Wonder if the new signings will be unveiled against Crawley tonight...?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    (actually, in that game, Akpo Sodje ran himself into the ground in that role - someone like that wouldn't be the worst backup, for all that he was from a....troubled family) 
    Remember him running on to his own flick ons up front
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!