Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Addick_8 said:
    2 rumours in 10 mins.
    Strap in and see you all at 11pm when Josh Parker is back on a 2 year deal
    Did someone turn on the super-duper deal phone or something. 
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    Apparently we’re interested in Will Grigg
    f f s !! .. who has said that, or rather made it up ?
    BBC Sheffield's Rotherham correspondent.  Probably dodgy tbh 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Grigg interest stinks of desperation 
    On the part of the rumour-mongers
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Surprised to see he scored 8 in 20 last season. Better than Kelman?
  • Options
    I personally don't think Grigg is a right choice for us, I'd rather see a younger hungrier prem loan
  • Options
    Will Grigg would be a terrible signing the English Ronnie Schwartz 
  • Options
    Few people in the comments reckon he wants a move closer to his family in the midlands so that can safely rule us out
    Don’t rule it out, he might have the same agent as Dale Stephens.
  • Options
    No chance Grigg is signing for Charlton 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Will Grigg got 8 goals in 20 last year at MK dons. If he's to come off the bench it's a good option.
    Rotherham also interested so we both can't be that desperate surely.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    sam3110 said:
    Leuth said:
    Someone's gonna slag off Deon Burton in a moment and then there are gonna be problems 
    Silly boy got himself sent off in that mental game when we finished with 9 men

Deon Burton had already been booked and then did a deliberate hand boy, when we were already down to 10 men. Anyone who was at that boxing day match against Swindon knows there was some strange bizarre things going on in that 1st half after a shithouse got send off for a two footed lunge after about 15 minutes or so. Hearing about dodgy betting practices in the Sam Sodje family later just confirmed what I saw with my own eyes.

Playing with 9 men and getting a 2-2 draw was superb that day. 
  • Options
    Same bloke who said Charlton and Rotherham wanted Grigg said Doncaster wanted him earlier today. 
  • Options
    Please, whatever happens from now on can no one requote the post from @Scoham.

or ever sing it or, ideally, never mention it again :-):smile:
  • Options
    would love Grigg for the song alone, sign him up
  • Options
    Please, whatever happens from now on can no one requote the post from @Scoham.

Honestly think it's worth a 24hr ban considering he didn't even bother to remove the whitespace...
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    Eaves can barely run. If you pass it more than 6 feet from him he won’t move. He’s a very poor substitute for Jayden
    I assume you don’t think Eaves would raise the roof
    Oooooh my gawd, that’s so bad it’s funny.🥴
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    Eaves can barely run. If you pass it more than 6 feet from him he won’t move. He’s a very poor substitute for Jayden
    He'd get slated.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Eaves loves a Saturday night out on the Tiles.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    While we wait for signings here’s an update on Rich’s choice of sandwich:

Can I just say I don’t mind cheese and coleslaw or even beef and English mustard. I’m not one for fancy sandwiches.👍
  • Options
    Ah crap, the puns have started already...

• Options
    We get Tucker and they will get Eaves on loan. 
  • Options
    Egg mayo is one of those sandwiches which is either amazing or like eating tasteless sludge. 
  • Options
    Phil said:
    Scoham said:
    Phil said:
    Clearly we have recruited two or three good players but our failure at this stage to secure another striker, left back and back up keeper is shocking.
    If we are to seriously challenge at the top end of the table then this was a minimum.
    We are now somewhat desperate and may be held to fandom by some clubs, players and agents.
    I hope it turns out better than my pessimistic view!
    Striker and left back yes, backup GK not really an issue - you can still bring them in on emergency loans and there will be free agents out there.
    I’m aware of the emergency loan situation, I just feel we should be proactive and not wait until it happens. If Mac gets injured early on in a game then we potentially lose a game because we haven’t got experienced back up.
    Why wait? You’re then slightly desperate and surely you’d want to integrate any player asap?
    It seems shortsighted and neglectful to me.
    Presumably sandgaard doesn't want to be paying out on a player's wages who might possibly never play. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!