Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited September 2021
    What did surprise me is with many having taken out government loans there was a strong suggestion of a potential fire sale at a large number of EFL clubs and that many would need to sell a player before the window closed, probably at lower value.

I didn’t see as many instances of that happening as I thought I would
    Agreed, there was talk of the divisions being full of teams in desperate financial straits, and that the clubs with money would be able to pick them off. I still wonder what will happen in January though, as there will be a number of players then with 6 months on their contract
    Crewe bundled Dale out the back door on loan with an obligation to buy at the last knockings, in part due to the fact Lowery's agent called their bluff and refused the moves on the table. 
  • cabbles said:
    Scoham said:
    Which would back up the fact that I think a lot of clubs at our level were at the mercy of the unpredictability of the window, just like us, and perhaps had to change plans from the prospects they wanted earlier on
    Ipswich made 20 of them.
  • DOUCHER said:
    Window ended up good i would say - i'm reliably informed that TS spent £2m on transfer fees, loan fees and agents fees and we were trying to buy Leko as well but couldn't agree fee - something that might happen further down the line - i'd like to see a big ovation for TS when he next attends the Valley 
    That's one hell of an investment if so.

He seems a good un does TS.
    It would be but he’d still be well in front on the balance of fees received, which we know to be the case from the published accounts. It’s the other costs that have been the expense.
    Don't be an Arse
  • When are the squad lists submitted to the EFL? Surely they have to be done before this weekend's fixtures, I assume they'll be published too
  • What did surprise me is with many having taken out government loans there was a strong suggestion of a potential fire sale at a large number of EFL clubs and that many would need to sell a player before the window closed, probably at lower value.

I doubt Morecombe wanted to get rid of Lavelle for such a relatively low fee on transfer deadline day, without having a fairly urgent need for some upfront cash.

Gillingham et al were always able to take on loan players with a maximum weekly wage.
  • edited September 2021
    Can we please get onto rumours for the January window, maybe we will need a LB....cold turkey setting in..B)
  • Can we please get onto rumours for the January window, maybe we will need a LB....cold turkey setting in..B)
    There was a rumour several pages back we were after two free agents, so no need to wait until January - the thread lives on!
  • DOUCHER said:
    pretty sure a left back will be a free agent and most likely a keeper  
    Any word who the triallist keeper and left back were on Tuesday afternoon? 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2021
    The Cawley has spoken!!

And instantly hopes are rising let's hope they are not dashed as quick....and that is from a glass half full perspective by the way, i have no reason to think that things will not be progressed with freebies, so keep up the good news Rich, we are all listening..  B)
  • Sage said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

JOSH SIMS PLEASE

& a left back.
    Got to be a left back, but I can’t see that including a 5th winger when a GK and a striker are higher priorities.
  • And just when I thought the F5 was about to take a well earned rest…

LB has to be the priority, then GK, then ST if really necessary, but think we have enough threat for L1 with Stockley, Washington, Leko, Davison, Lee (who can play there, but more naturally a CAM) and Schwartz 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • VFR4life said:
    Robbie Brady
    Neil Taylor
    Kean Bryan
    Zeki Fryers
    Brandon Mason

Brady would be quality!
  • Surprised Brady is still available, thought he'd get a championship deal . 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:

#AnnounceWilshere
  • And just when I thought the F5 was about to take a well earned rest…

LB has to be the priority, then GK, then ST if really necessary, but think we have enough threat for L1 with Stockley, Washington, Leko, Davison, Lee (who can play there, but more naturally a CAM) and Schwartz 🤷🏻‍♂️
    DJ played there for Swindon as well. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    What did surprise me is with many having taken out government loans there was a strong suggestion of a potential fire sale at a large number of EFL clubs and that many would need to sell a player before the window closed, probably at lower value.

Agreed, there was talk of the divisions being full of teams in desperate financial straits, and that the clubs with money would be able to pick them off. I still wonder what will happen in January though, as there will be a number of players then with 6 months on their contract
    Crewe bundled Dale out the back door on loan with an obligation to buy at the last knockings, in part due to the fact Lowery's agent called their bluff and refused the moves on the table. 
    Lowery needs to find a new agent,he sounds like a right knob. He's happy to let his client train with the kids and not have a chance of playing for the 1st team. Greedy scumbag.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

#AnnounceWilshere

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if he rocks up at Derby or somewhere on a pay as you play. Don't quite know why he's training in Italy when he can't sign. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Lowery needs to find a new agent,he sounds like a right knob. He's happy to let his client train with the kids and not have a chance of playing for the 1st team. Greedy scumbag.
    Bit of a mixed bag given its the same Agency that looks after Adam Matthews so we saw last season what they're like - They also look after Ryan Inniss, but they're probably too shit scared to tell him what to do.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Bit of a mixed bag given its the same Agency that looks after Adam Matthews so we saw last season what they're like - They also look after Ryan Inniss, but they're probably too shit scared to tell him what to do.
    Didnt know that,thanks. Maybe get Ryan to have a word with him then😂
  • lead to believe former Palace Full back Papa Souare is training with the club 
    Quite a first post mate, where is that coming from...
  • Wasn't souare out for ages after a pretty bad car accident? Interesting link. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!