Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• A black man that nobody recognises.  Would be the same with some of the white younger players as well.
  • I heard Henderson was training with us. Could that be him? 
  • edited September 2021
    I thought we had too many players now & would have to be leaving players out of the squad registration process, like JFC . How are we now going to encompass 2 more  ?
    I tell you what Golfie, let's leave it to the club, I'm sure they know the rules and will sort it out for ya... B)
    Ah, the Golfie backlash begins after quite a few were coming round to his way of looking at things.  Amazing what 3 last minute signings can do. 

Sad in the Rain Doctor Who  Reaction GIFs

Fickle fate.
  • edited September 2021
    Did someone mention a black man?

Are the CL waffle squad reving up the wokebus engine?

Couple of "out of contracts" would indeed round off this window nicely and invoke a hearty "Huzzah!" from me to the recruitment team.
  • He's in U21 training kit
  • Sponsored links:

• https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-pushing-efl-squad-rules-to-the-limit-8287918

Apparently one player in the squad has to be club developed too, which is good news for Albie
  • https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-pushing-efl-squad-rules-to-the-limit-8287918

Apparently one player in the squad has to be club developed too, which is good news for Albie
    Albie is underage. Arter will probably count towards that
  • sam3110 said:
    https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-pushing-efl-squad-rules-to-the-limit-8287918

It's another rule separate from the squad list, as apparently there has to be a club developed player in the matchday 18

I remember that rule when playing Football Manager during Lockdown 1!
  • edited September 2021
    Had Town not been able to name a club-developed player in their 22-man squad, they would have been restricted to naming just six substitutes unless they then called on an academy player under the age of 21 to sit on the bench for every game. 

I suspect having Albie Morgan or Deji Elerewe on the bench ticks this box.
  • I thought we had too many players now & would have to be leaving players out of the squad registration process, like JFC . How are we now going to encompass 2 more  ?
    I don't get you sometimes.
    You moan that we haven't signed enough players and now you're moaning we've signed too many.   :(
    I wasn't moaning at all. I was simply asking a question.....I thought the  ?  at the end of my post would have given that away. 

• Had Town not been able to name a club-developed player in their 22-man squad, they would have been restricted to naming just six substitutes unless they then called on an academy player under the age of 21 to sit on the bench for every game. 

Wonder if Clare and Arter would count?

I also wonder when the last time we fielded an all academy midfield duo/trio was in a league game? 
  • edited September 2021
    sam3110 said:
    https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town/itfc-pushing-efl-squad-rules-to-the-limit-8287918

Interesting point. Could we legitimately say that Arter is a "club developed" player, even though he left 14 years ago and is only here on loan. 

Answer -  we couldnt get away with it but I'm sure Derby or Sheff W could.
    Arter was a lot older than 14, he played for the first team.

• Sponsored links:

• Had Town not been able to name a club-developed player in their 22-man squad, they would have been restricted to naming just six substitutes unless they then called on an academy player under the age of 21 to sit on the bench for every game. 

Harness? Or doesn’t he count as a keeper?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:

Interesting point. Could we legitimately say that Arter is a "club developed" player, even though he left 14 years ago and is only here on loan. 

He said he left 14 years ago, when he was 17/18.

He's 31 now
  • sam3110 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    sam3110 said:

He said he left 14 years ago, when he was 17/18.

He's 31 now
    Sorry @golfaddick need to get the old mince pies checked. 

Possibly joined too late, while Clare probably too early.

The Ipswich article above says Bonne doesn't count despite being in their academy (wiki suggests he left at about 14).

Not home grown, he joined us in 2019
  • felix_31 said:
    In my opinion... Great window. Strong team. Spent well over £1,000,000 signing young, talented, motivated players on long term contracts. Also signed players with links to CAFC (Lee, Arter, Leko & Clare) and signed natural leaders and players of the season (Lavelle Kirk & MacG). I also think the temperament of the players we've brought in has been well thought through.

Whats not to like? Yes, we might be a LB or a ST short, but I reckon we might dip into the free transfer market to plug whatever minute holes there might be.

Finally, a sensible window, not one where our sole target is to bring In 'bodies.'
    Wow we spent a million.
    I will go Charlton and support the team as Always but I'm not expecting us to be anywhere near the play-offs.
    I think this is a below average squad.
    I hope I am wrong I honestly do.
    Playing some youngsters through the season will keep me interested and then mount a challenge next season. I'm not in a rush for promotion like others 

🐓
    See this is completely unnecessary. The bloke is not being unduly negative or slagging anyone yet being called a cock for have a view contrary to the main.

Many of us who aren't hailing this as a great transfer window/ have concerns about how objective the Roddy jr signing is or how seemingly last minute the recruitment strategy are mocked as having sand in our privates or being unhappy or angry at the world.

All a bit unnecessary and turns the forum into an echo chamber and dont see need to pour scorn on fellow Charlton fans who have different opinions on current squad.

Dont think it is leftfield or overly negative to say that not having a fit left back at the club at this stage is concerning. 

Hopefully it'll click and we will be up there competing in top six and we'll all be happy and whilst probably many of us are less concerned than 24 hours ago I dont think we've necessarily got depth of squad to guarantee top 6 challenge and a lot riding on Stockley performing for 40 plus games.

It's healthy surely to have different views and civily debate them without the personal snide digs.
    Appreciated mate.
    I've got no problem being called a cock, not the 1st or last time I'm sure.
    Bit snide like you say.
    I have not been a negative poster over the years in my opinion. I'm just not as as optimistic as most this season, sorry and I hope I'm wrong.
    Like you said it's healthy to have different views. Some fans may be put off expressing their views if they are gonna get digged it out and that's not a forum I'd enjoy.

• Re: talk of squad list etc., separate to that is the also mentioned match day squad (in relation to that team in Suffolk who must not be mentioned)

L1 rules are for the match day squad to include a “club developed player”, stated as one who was with the club for at least a year prior to their 19th birthday

Harness as previously stated not counted, as he joined too late. Deji seems eligible. I also can’t see why it wouldn’t include Arter - he didn’t leave until he was nearly 20. 
  • fmaddick said:
    Re: talk of squad list etc., separate to that is the also mentioned match day squad (in relation to that team in Suffolk who must not be mentioned)

L1 rules are for the match day squad to include a “club developed player”, stated as one who was with the club for at least a year prior to their 19th birthday

Harness as previously stated not counted, as he joined too late. Deji seems eligible. I also can’t see why it wouldn’t include Arter - he didn’t leave until he was nearly 20. 
    Good to clarify that rule. In that case Clare will also count, as will AMB if he returns in January.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Cobra Kai 🐍 Rumours Thread Never Die 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!