Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Left-footed Senegalese defender? Can he take free-kicks?
    He scored his first international goal from a 20-yard free kick on 29 March 2016
  • Options
    Papa Souare a Senegalese LB is training with the club.
    thanks, that was reported here yesterday too. Even assuming he has an EU passport how could we sign him I wonder?
    Maybe he has settled status, he could have married a British person? 
  • Options
    Source?
    Just watched him play 
    Did you actually have it confirmed that it was him, as I'm not sure I'd recognise him otherwise!
  • Options
    didn't play a single game for Troyes last season which is more of a worry.
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    Average of 5 and a half games for the last four seasons, not playing at all since injuried from a car accident prevented him playing for a year. This'll be a stonking success I'm sure.
    Played 17 times for Troyes in the 19/20 season and also played a few games for Palace post crash.

No, not the greatest record but that's probably why he's available on a free and why he's on trial.

As someone said on here a few pages back Gallen is close friends with Freedman, the Palace director of football, so will have got the nod from him. 

He'll also be good mates with Inniss from all their time together in the physio room.
    True but 0 competitive football for a year, only 21 games over 3 years prior to that. Even if his fitness back his sharpness won't be anywhere near. If we sign him I'll support him but it's the gamble of all gambles - really makes no sense to me.
    Zeki Fryers, Denver Hume and Brandon Mason on the other hand...
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    Vfrf said:
    Average of 5 and a half games for the last four seasons, not playing at all since injuried from a car accident prevented him playing for a year. This'll be a stonking success I'm sure.
    Played 17 times for Troyes in the 19/20 season and also played a few games for Palace post crash.

No, not the greatest record but that's probably why he's available on a free and why he's on trial.

As someone said on here a few pages back Gallen is close friends with Freedman, the Palace director of football, so will have got the nod from him. 

He'll also be good mates with Inniss from all their time together in the physio room.
    True but 0 competitive football for a year, only 21 games over 3 years prior to that. Even if his fitness back his sharpness won't be anywhere near. If we sign him I'll support him but it's the gamble of all gambles - really makes no sense to me.
    We won't sign him if he doesn't look up to it. Not like we've been rushing to get the spot filled. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Vfrf said:
    Vfrf said:

We won't sign him if he doesn't look up to it. Not like we've been rushing to get the spot filled. 
    You're probably right, but my point is more than all three of the above are out of contract, surely someone who *has* played a competitive game in the last year and a half would be a better option to have on trial? Fully accept that we could always move on if he isn't up to it, but facts are the better free agents may well be gone by then. 
  • Options
    There's a reason each of those players is out of contract. Perhaps we feel we know Souare's! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Vfrf said:
    Talal said:
    Vfrf said:
    Vfrf said:

You're probably right, but my point is more than all three of the above are out of contract, surely someone who *has* played a competitive game in the last year and a half would be a better option to have on trial? Fully accept that we could always move on if he isn't up to it, but facts are the better free agents may well be gone by then. 
    Maybe the others are trialling somewhere else? Who knows but I'm sure the coaching staff will be able to tell pretty quickly if he's nowhere near ready. 
  • Options
    Zeki Fryers has managed less than 100 games in his entire career (at 28), he was also released by Swindon.

Hume is probably the one with most potential.
    Sounds like its his own fault to an extent... Was very highly thought of at Man Utd in his youth

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/7474433/United-risk-losing-starlet
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Zeki Fryers has managed less than 100 games in his entire career (at 28), he was also released by Swindon.

Hume is probably the one with most potential.
    Hume is still injured and rehabing at Sunderland, still most likely he will resign there. 
  • Options
    I suspect his wage demands are significantly less than the other options.

Wickham was constantly injured at Palarse and he was on £60k a week.
  • Options
    Source?
    Just watched him play 
    cheers @AveryAddick excellent source.

Was that in training or a game?
    Yes 1st Xl Vrs Reserves. Innis not involved and Gilbey training on his own.
    How many goals did the reserves win by?  :)

Can you remember the line ups at all?  

I guess Innis is being protected and Gilbey is getting fit.
  • Options
    Source?
    Just watched him play 
    cheers @AveryAddick excellent source.

Was that in training or a game?
    Yes 1st Xl Vrs Reserves. Innis not involved and Gilbey training on his own.
    How did he look? 

He’s got great pedigree but I’d be concerned about fitness/sharpness
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    The key questions is is Souare good enough cover if Jacob Roddy is injured?
    Addickted said:
    The key questions is is Souare good enough cover if Jacob Roddy is injured?
    Just heard that Souare is Keohane's nephew in law.

He bought him a brand new bag for his birthday.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzfX9DUzwGg
  • Options
    I think if we did sign Souare he wouldn't go straight into the side - he'd probably make the bench and Gunter will keep the spot until a "proper" LB (be it Purrington, Souare or A.N Other) is fully fit and ready.

Gunter's hardly covered himself in glory in the role but not made any real stand out mistakes either and even got an assist last time out.
  • Options
    Playing a 4231, Levelle playing in a 4, Watson&Morgan, then front 4 of Stockley, DJ & Kirk, Lee playing as a 10,  Papa looked ok, certainly has decent pace and was playing up against DJ.
    Unlikely I know, but did Ronnie feature at all?
  • Options
    Playing a 4231, Levelle playing in a 4, Watson&Morgan, then front 4 of Stockley, DJ & Kirk, Lee playing as a 10,  Papa looked ok, certainly has decent pace and was playing up against DJ.
    Not sure from my vantage point 
  • Options
    It can’t have been very good if you couldn’t see the pitch 😉
  • Options
    Vfrf said:
    Vfrf said:

At least he wont be over played & wouldn't need resting for mid weeks matches. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021

How about Reggie?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!