Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    "Was good before he put his g wagon across the m25 yeah" From Palace colleague 
  • Options
    Soares has been able to play at the highest level, just a question of whether the accident, it’s injuries caused, his motivation and mental well being are all aligned in the right place? Exactly what our management will be assessing if the rumours in here are correct.

I think Troyes had two or three LBs (oh what we’d give for three LBs…) in their title winning side 2020/21, so no great surprise he got no games if even one of them was ahead of him in a very regularly winning side. Why change a winning formula?
  • Options
    Soares has been able to play at the highest level, just a question of whether the accident, it’s injuries caused, his motivation and mental well being are all aligned in the right place? Exactly what our management will be assessing if the rumours in here are correct.

I think Troyes had two or three LBs (oh what we’d give for three LBs…) in their title winning side 2020/21, so no great surprise he got no games if even one of them was ahead of him in a very regularly winning side. Why change a winning formula?
    Sounds like we could be a good fit for him if he does well honestly. Adkins' reputation is built on his positivity and encouragement of players and his experience as a physio probably gives him some insight into the physical aspects of the injury too.
  • Options
    Papa Souare a Senegalese LB is training with the club.
    Source?
    Just watched him play 
    Look decent and more important not running with a limp to the physio? 🤣
  • Options
    A click bait site of available players .

Not a psoition that we need but I understand that Kevin McDonald has had a kidney transplant , but he is a player I have always liked and had a connection with Nige from a loan spell with Scunthorpe .

6 free-agents still available to Charlton Athletic if they wanted to further bolster their squad | Football League World

• Options
    Richard J said:

Not a psoition that we need but I understand that Kevin McDonald has had a kidney transplant , but he is a player I have always liked and had a connection with Nige from a loan spell with Scunthorpe .

6 free-agents still available to Charlton Athletic if they wanted to further bolster their squad | Football League World

A few of those players have been mentioned here previously, but I can't see us being interested in any of them now, unless we want a squad where half the players are midfielders!
  • Options
    Richard J said:

A few of those players have been mentioned here previously, but I can't see us being interested in any of them now, unless we want a squad where half the players are midfielders!
    We do when we play 4-5-1 or 4-3-2-1 etc
  • Options
    Richard J said:

We kind of do.  Very likely 5 out of the 10 outfield players will be midfielders.
  • Options
    Louis and Rick’s views of our transfer window.

Good summaries, the main thing I’d disagree with is us being overmanned in some areas, given our injury problems in the last few years it’s great to have extra depth at CB, CM and on the wing. If we can find a decent left back on a free it’ll look more balanced. Don’t see a striker coming so we really need Davison or less likely Schwartz stepping up and contributing with goals.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/south-london-press-verdicts-on-the-transfer-window-business-for-palace-millwall-charlton-and-afc-wimbledon/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still shocked Josh Sims hasn’t been picked up yet. I guess he’s hoping in a couple of weeks clubs struggling or trying to keep a strong start will be willing to pay out an extra few pounds a week.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    mart77 said:
    Still shocked Josh Sims hasn’t been picked up yet. I guess he’s hoping in a couple of weeks clubs struggling or trying to keep a strong start will be willing to pay out an extra few pounds a week.
    Strange that one.. maybe Delusions of Grandeur?, and believes he is worth more  than he really is salary wise, and as time ticks by so does his career, needs to get sorted soon,..

• Options
    mart77 said:
    Strange that one.. maybe Delusions of Grandeur?, and believes he is worth more  than he really is salary wise, and as time ticks by so does his career, needs to get sorted soon,..

Thought somebody said he’s injured out for a while, so maybe clubs are holding fire on him?
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    mart77 said:

Thought somebody said he’s injured out for a while, so maybe clubs are holding fire on him?
    Think that was Ellis Sims that was injured
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    mart77 said:

Oh god!!! Lol, how many are there?!!🤣
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    paulfox said:
    mart77 said:

Oh god!!! Lol, how many are there?!!🤣
    Thinking about it a bit,..quite a lot....BT, Vodafone, Plusnet, EE, Virgin.....lots really I suppose B)
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Madger Gomes who was on trial with us, before moving on has signed a two year deal at Crewe.
    Given their performance and how things look in general at Crewe, I think it's fair to say that him being good enough for Crewe is proof he is not good enough for us (or at least, where we want to be.)
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    mart77 said:
    Madger Gomes who was on trial with us, before moving on has signed a two year deal at Crewe.
    Given their performance and how things look in general at Crewe, I think it's fair to say that him being good enough for Crewe is proof he is not good enough for us (or at least, where we want to be.)
    Then one could say the same about Charlie Kirk.  He was there a while.
    You could say it but Crewe look much poorer this season than they have for a long time having lost a lot of their best players over the past few seasons - including Kirk. He was part of a good Crewe team, Gomes seems to have joined a sinking ship.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    mart77 said:
    Then one could say the same about Charlie Kirk.  He was there a while.
    You could say it but Crewe look much poorer this season than they have for a long time having lost a lot of their best players over the past few seasons - including Kirk. He was part of a good Crewe team, Gomes seems to have joined a sinking ship.
    True but you did say being good enough for Crewe makes Gomes unsuitable for Charlton.  That then must apply to Kirk or Lowery. Gomes like one of the Crewe players scored twice ,iirc, against Charlton last year.
    It's really not hard to fathom.
    Kirk left Crewe because he was considered to be one of their best and got a better offer at a bigger club.
    Gomes wasn't made an offer by a bigger club, so ended up joining Crewe.

You appear to be unable to assess player abilities if they played for the same club.
    Personally I'm certain that Kevin De Bruyne is better than Matt Smith, whilst both being Man C midfielders.
    You mean we might get KDB on loan in January, why not :smile:
  • Options
    I’m hearing Kevin De Bruyne on loan in January to help his injury rehabilitation. Great signing if we can pull it off but I do worry we already have enough midfielders. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Wrong thread, ooops. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    PWADDICK said:

I think we were close to signing St Johnston centre back Jason Kerr, who was apparently travelling down to London to sign for us before Wigan came in for him and blew us out of the water with their offer. Would of have been a wasted journey and pretty harsh on Sam but glad it eventually got over the line.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!