Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Of course it’s Championship level and only a few games in, but Aneke is 223 minutes per goal (1 goal scored in 6 games) so far this season. His 102 mpg last season was phenomenal and we were never going to bring someone in who exactly replicated that. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Aneke (particularly last season's Aneke) was an absolute fluke, the chance that any one player could replicate those numbers is remote to say the least.

There's a very strong case that even Aneke wouldn't actually hit that level of goals-per-minute two seasons in a row based on his previous form.

Not withstanding that Aneke never seemed so effective during the games he started, compared to the impact he had against tiring defences coming off the bench.

• Options
    edited September 2021
    The point is not replacing Aneke's goals with a clone of Aneke, but finding them elsewhere. Which I believe we have tried to do. The team that started the season was lacking in goals so the results were hardly a surprise.
  • Options
    I still say Aneke is one of the most over rated players I’ve seen in a Charlton shirt, particularly  from the fans perspective, for the record I was saying this whilst he was scoring goals off the bench etc., so not sour grapes, in fact I was chuffed he went!!😂.maybe an unpopular opinion but hey🤷🏻‍♂️. ( I genuinely didn’t get any joy in watching him play). 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Gillis said:
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    mart77 said:
    Madger Gomes who was on trial with us, before moving on has signed a two year deal at Crewe.
    Given their performance and how things look in general at Crewe, I think it's fair to say that him being good enough for Crewe is proof he is not good enough for us (or at least, where we want to be.)
    Then one could say the same about Charlie Kirk.  He was there a while.
    You could say it but Crewe look much poorer this season than they have for a long time having lost a lot of their best players over the past few seasons - including Kirk. He was part of a good Crewe team, Gomes seems to have joined a sinking ship.
    True but you did say being good enough for Crewe makes Gomes unsuitable for Charlton.  That then must apply to Kirk or Lowery. Gomes like one of the Crewe players scored twice ,iirc, against Charlton last year.
    It's @thenewbie's fault for not being clear and putting his comment in context. If he'd wanted to avoid any misunderstanding, he could've just stuck something at the front along the lines of,

"Given their performance and how things look in general at Crewe..."

If he'd wanted to make it really unambiguous, he could've gone as far as to add something at the end like,

"...(or at least, where we want to be.)"

Some posters don't help themselves when they fail to articulate their thoughts clearly.
    It is easy done. I do it sometimes typing on a mobile.  However then not admitting it and producing another argument is annoying. 
    Do we tell him? I feel like we probably should but it might be upsetting.
     I am part German . A old custom is Schadenfreude. It allows you to feel the passion!
    We are all part German. 

Well apart from the Royal family. 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    I still say Aneke is one of the most over rated players I’ve seen in a Charlton shirt, particularly  from the fans perspective, for the record I was saying this whilst he was scoring goals off the bench etc., so not sour grapes, in fact I was chuffed he went!!😂.maybe an unpopular opinion but hey🤷🏻‍♂️. ( I genuinely didn’t get any joy in watching him play). 
    I partially agree in that I think that his last season here was something of a purple patch and he'd never been quite so efficient before and probably won't again.

That said, he had a combination of physical power and surprising skill that was definitely potent at this level.

In some ways it might be for the best that he has left if it means we end up with several different options that aren't "throw big Chuks on for the last 15" but that is remains to be seen.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Gillis said:
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    mart77 said:
    Madger Gomes who was on trial with us, before moving on has signed a two year deal at Crewe.
    Given their performance and how things look in general at Crewe, I think it's fair to say that him being good enough for Crewe is proof he is not good enough for us (or at least, where we want to be.)
    You could say it but Crewe look much poorer this season than they have for a long time having lost a lot of their best players over the past few seasons - including Kirk. He was part of a good Crewe team, Gomes seems to have joined a sinking ship.
    True but you did say being good enough for Crewe makes Gomes unsuitable for Charlton.  That then must apply to Kirk or Lowery. Gomes like one of the Crewe players scored twice ,iirc, against Charlton last year.
    It's @thenewbie's fault for not being clear and putting his comment in context. If he'd wanted to avoid any misunderstanding, he could've just stuck something at the front along the lines of,

If he'd wanted to make it really unambiguous, he could've gone as far as to add something at the end like,

Some posters don't help themselves when they fail to articulate their thoughts clearly.
    It is easy done. I do it sometimes typing on a mobile.  However then not admitting it and producing another argument is annoying. 
     I am part German . A old custom is Schadenfreude. It allows you to feel the passion!
    We are all part German. 

@ElfsborgAddick had a little bit of German in him once. 
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Gillis said:
    thenewbie said:
    thenewbie said:
    mart77 said:

We are all part German. 

@ElfsborgAddick had a little bit of German in him once. 
    Not having that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glad the lad has passed muster! Can't wait to see him on the field... 
  • Options
    Left back now sorted. Another striker in do we reckon? Or will that be it?
  • Options
    Ross said:
    Left back now sorted. Another striker in do we reckon? Or will that be it?
    The only position that we'd possibly need is a second senior gk
  • Options
    So pleased for him! He deserves a chance for a wonderful comeback story 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    bUt RoDdY
    We've deliberately signed a crock to make it look like he's being shunted down the pecking order. Operation Weasley continuing as planned 
  • Options
    That's some top level meme's from the official account.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    The idea that there was no one better available during the summer window I find very difficult to believe. 
    Shall we wait and see him play maybe 
    Before his leg break he was very popular, joined a top French side.
  • Options
    I'd have preferred a PL loanee youngster for that position, if nothing else so that he didn't use up a squad place, as we've got too many players now
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    The idea that there was no one better available during the summer window I find very difficult to believe. 
    He should start saturday as he's been with us for weeks, so we won't have to wait long. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Leuth said:
    He should start saturday as he's been with us for weeks, so we won't have to wait long. 
    I’m sure if he’s not starting, you’ll be here moaning by 14:01.
    Did you mean 15:01, or was it 14th Jan ... B)
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Signing a player not fit to start, to cover an injured player would seem to be a bit of a puzzling decision no? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

😂😂😂
    That’s handy - signing a left back who can play left back.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Did you mean 15.01, or was it 14th Jan 2022... B)
    Haha team will be announced at 2pm though 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!