Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Rothko said:
    He's in U21 training kit
    (U23) 
  • It's a sign. 
  • Wonder who the free agents are then , does anyone have the obligatory list 
  • Found it now , I’d say this about the best there is.
  • I doubt it'll be many, if any, at the top of the list, maybe scroll down a couple of pages and screenshot that instead
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Wonder who the free agents are then , does anyone have the obligatory list 
    For what positions and in what leagues?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Found it now , I’d say this about the best there is.
    I'd imagine we're more than likely going to be shopping on page 2 or 3 of that catalogue 
  • It's here if anyone wants to disappear down a free transfer rabbit hole

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/spieler/vertragslosespieler/statistik/1/plus//galerie/0?ausrichtung=alle&spielerposition_id=alle&land_id=alle&altersklasse=&wettbewerb_id=alle&seit=alle&yt0=Show

a lot of players available, I imagine quite a few will be taking wage cuts to get a 12 month contract or so in the coming weeks. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I see the sense in getting in a player of good quality but severe lack of recent game time and fitness.  Example being the mentioned Wickham.

Its not like they’re likely to be forced into action anytime soon now that we have a squad of respectable size, they could come in have a mini pre-season (training and under 23 games etc), and who knows it could turn out to be a master-stoke that suits all both parties.
  • edited September 2021
    Connor Wickham would be ideal cover for Stockley 
    I thought he'd signed for Preston. I expect him to anyway as not sure they'll get better now the window has closed.
  • I see the sense in getting in a player of good quality but severe lack of recent game time and fitness.  Example being the mentioned Wickham.

Its not like they’re likely to be forced into action anytime soon now that we have a squad of respectable size, they could come in have a mini pre-season (training and under 23 games etc), and who knows it could turn out to be a master-stoke that suits all both parties.
    Connor Wickham is a classic example to be wary of although may have been a fitness issue i guess - Harry Beadle played against him on trial at Colchester when he knew he was going to be released by us at the end of last season and completely marked him out of the game - beat him to everything.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    Found it now , I’d say this about the best there is.
    Having read that page I can say Jordon Ibe in on a free but I can't disclose my source, sorry guys.
  • I don’t think I could cope with having Conor wickham and Conor Washington , I just know id constantly  get them mixed up.
  • Saw Andy Carol linked with Reading the day before and on the day of the deadline.
    Can’t see anyone signing him on anything other than a pay as you play deal.
  • It's a sign. 
    Can't argue with that one @Covered End, definitely a sign, yep! B)
  • A lot depends on geography .

Where does the player live and what is their domestic situation ?

for example it appears that Harry Arter's family is based in London and like Ben Watson a move back to London makes sense .

Of these free agents who is based within a commutable distance of Sparrows Lane ?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    I don’t think I could cope with having Conor wickham and Conor Washington , I just know id constantly  get them mixed up.
    It's amazing the confusion etc etc
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:
    A lot depends on geography .

for example it appears that Harry Arter's family is based in London and like Ben Watson a move back to London makes sense .

Of these free agents who is based within a commutable distance of Sparrows Lane ?
    Surrey
  • edited September 2021
    Richard J said:
    A lot depends on geography .

Probably more important for older players with families. CBT moved from presumably the north west to come here on a short term contract.

Got to be careful with the older players, we don’t want those who have lost their legs or hunger. Even more so if it’s a convenient move for them.
  • Papa Souare a Senegalese LB is training with the club.
    Source?
  • Left-footed Senegalese defender? Can he take free-kicks?
    Average of 5 and a half games for the last four seasons, not playing at all since injuried from a car accident prevented him playing for a year. This'll be a stonking success I'm sure.
    Source?
    Just watched him play 
    cheers @AveryAddick excellent source.

Was that in training or a game?
    thanks, that was reported here yesterday too. Even assuming he has an EU passport how could we sign him I wonder?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!