Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• lead to believe former Palace Full back Papa Souare is training with the club 
    Quite a first post mate, where is that coming from...
    First visit in 7 years...... 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    lead to believe former Palace Full back Papa Souare is training with the club 
    First visit in 7 years...... 
    Likes to start slow and build up from there B)
  • Pape Souaré trained with Palace U23s for pre-season and then a trial at Coventry, who then decided to sign Maatsen instead.

Has a lot of experience, but hasn’t played much since his horrible crash a few years ago.
  • Would Papa Souare get a work permit?

Looks like he was training with Palace u23s in the summer and got a few games. 
  • from wiki

In August 2019, after his contract with Crystal Palace expired, Souaré joined French Ligue 2 club Troyes on a one-season contract with an option of a further 12 months.

In July 2021, having made no appearances for Troyes in the previous season, Souaré trained with the Crystal Palace under-23 squad, with a view to maintain fitness, and appeared in pre-season matches for the side.

• Sage said:
    Pape Souaré trained with Palace U23s for pre-season and then a trial at Coventry, who then decided to sign Maatsen instead.

Has a lot of experience, but hasn’t played much since his horrible crash a few years ago.
    Cheers I thought he was the lad that had the horrible crash a few years ago.
  • Sage said:
    Pape Souaré trained with Palace U23s for pre-season and then a trial at Coventry, who then decided to sign Maatsen instead.

it is but that was 2016
  • Sponsored links:

• Freedman is the sporting director at Palace, good long term friends of Gallen. Potentially one that got in contact with him about in the efforts to help Souaré find a new club.
  • Sage said:

it is but that was 2016
    Was lucky to come away with his life if I remember rightly
  • edited September 2021
    @Sage I know you are a big fan of Simms and from what I've heard about him (from a saints supporting mate) and elsewhere he does seem like a decent talent at this level at least.

Why do you think he was not picked up this transfer window? Wage demands coming down from the Premiership? 
  • If cawley is saying that we surely are not going to wait around as free agents will be getting snapped up and have a few options now the window is shut so i expect some signings v soon ...
  • edited September 2021

On Jack Wiltshere, I think you will find that Dennis Wise owns Como in Italy so that will be the link 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    DOUCHER said:
    pretty sure a left back will be a free agent and most likely a keeper  
    Any word who the triallist keeper and left back were on Tuesday afternoon? 
    no i don't know, sorry 
  • Sponsored links:

• VFR4life said:
    Robbie Brady
    Neil Taylor
    Kean Bryan
    Zeki Fryers
    Brandon Mason

Fryers has only made 99 appearances at 28!
  • Ferryman said:
    VFR4life said:
    Robbie Brady
    Neil Taylor
    Kean Bryan
    Zeki Fryers
    Brandon Mason

Fryers has only made 99 appearances at 28!

Palace paid £5m for him and he never started a League game for them
  • edited September 2021
    he's Papa Souare ??
    We may never know who he is..only 1 post in 7 years..might be Ronnie Mk2.. B)
  • edited September 2021
    thenewbie said:
    he's Papa Souare ??
    When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Souare...

Disclaimer: I am probably mangling the pronunciation of his name there, apologies.
    Mmmm...poetic licence..just B)
  • lead to believe former Palace Full back Papa Souare is training with the club 
    he's Papa Souare ??
    There is a few on here that should take a leaf out of his book.
  • Redrobo said:
    he's Papa Souare ??
    There is a few on here that should take a leaf out of his book.
    Mmm, I don't know whether to like this or not...might be shooting myself in the foot!! B)

• #cafc still looking at doing a couple more deals outside of the window - some decent free agents available.
  • Left Back and Goalie surely
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!