Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    For all the talk of Adkins wanting to give youth a chance, we've ended up with a pretty full squad, with too many over 21s to register then all, and few opportunities for young players to get a game

Harsh

Morgan has played, Deji has played, Harness on the bench and we have other young players on the fringes. Davison and did well in the pizza cup if not in the league cup.

We need the experienced players to guide what is still a young squad. Famewo is 22, DJ not much more, Kirk is 23 or 24. Clare and Dobson aren't ancient either.
    Because they had to. They probably won't play that much now unless we get injuries.
    I think Morgan will, he’s ahead of Clare and Dobson, and Arter will play ahead of Watson. Lee will play higher up. Main question is whether Adkins play Lee and Gilbey together once the latter is available.
    Morgan won't be first choice and potentially not even second choice in any of the 3 midfield positions.

DM - Arter, Watson, Dobson
    CM - Gilbey, then between Clare/Morgan
    AM - Lee, then potentially Leko?

So realistically Morgan won't play much unless we get a few injuries/suspensions.
    We do though, with Gilbey recovering from Covid Morgan will probably keep his place unless his form drops or Gilbey/Clare force their way into the team with good performances off the bench.

It’s a good problem to have, hopefully we find the right combination quickly and have a fairly settled first choice team. The danger of having so many options is constant changes like Bowyer did last season. Adkins came in, chose a formation and stuck with it aside from minor tweaks game by game.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I could see one of Dobson or Clare going on loan in January if they’re not getting game time and JFCs recovery is on track.
    Why Dobson done more then enough to be a first team choice and Clare can play number of roles 
    No he hasn’t. Excluding the Papa John’s game, which doesn’t count. 
  • Options
    people seem to be forgetting our recent injury record over the past few years.

the whole squad will be needed
    Should improve this season given it’s an area TS has looked at, I assume it was pretty much neglected by RD.
  • Options
    people seem to be forgetting our recent injury record over the past few years.

the whole squad will be needed
    True but i think given the improved medical facilities and a lot more younger signings this season we should (touch wood) hope to see less injuries. 
  • Options
    I'll read that on my day off.
    Might be best on a long weekend, with a couple of tinnies B)
  • Options
    Appreciate you not quoting it... My thumb would have struggled
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    For all the talk of Adkins wanting to give youth a chance, we've ended up with a pretty full squad, with too many over 21s to register then all, and few opportunities for young players to get a game

Harsh

Morgan has played, Deji has played, Harness on the bench and we have other young players on the fringes. Davison and did well in the pizza cup if not in the league cup.

We need the experienced players to guide what is still a young squad. Famewo is 22, DJ not much more, Kirk is 23 or 24. Clare and Dobson aren't ancient either.
    Because they had to. They probably won't play that much now unless we get injuries.
    I think Morgan will, he’s ahead of Clare and Dobson, and Arter will play ahead of Watson. Lee will play higher up. Main question is whether Adkins play Lee and Gilbey together once the latter is available.
    Morgan won't be first choice and potentially not even second choice in any of the 3 midfield positions.

So realistically Morgan won't play much unless we get a few injuries/suspensions.
    Who is Clare Morgan? 😏
  • Options
    Appreciate you not quoting it... My thumb would have struggled
    TLDR: We are going to need a bigger club house. 
  • Options
    Probably not best to use the quote function on those, apologies! 
  • Options

• Options
    The edit function is your friend. 
    Excellent post as ever from Grapevine. Anyone who’s just waking up from a coma could save an enormous amount of time by reading it and ignoring everything else. 👍
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Harsh

Who is Clare Morgan? 😏
    I work with her.  Passes the height test as well!!   ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow, shocked at this given the comments about the emergency loan. Strong squad now!
  • Options
    Stephen Henderson has signed on a year deal. 
  • Options
    So we still have one loan slot unused, and don't need it for an emergency loan keeper
  • Options
    This thread is now on it’s last legs. :-(
  • Options
    So we still have one loan slot unused, and don't need it for an emergency loan keeper
    Just cant use that now until January
  • Options
    You can call Dobson a Pratley replacement, but the same could be said of Clare, as Pratley wasn't just a holding midfielder, he could do box to box as well 

I wouldn't call Clare the Shinnie replacement, if anything his role as the creative passer and dead ball taker has been taken by Morgan.

Clare if anything is an alternative to Gilbey who was our box to box midfielder last season
    It's their places in the squad, Clare has already played more than Shinnie did, under Adkins, there was no role for Shinnie. 
  • Options
    Tbh I have lost track but Henderson signing has surprised me a bit. Surely we must be over the squad limit now ?
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Tbh I have lost track but Henderson signing has surprised me a bit. Surely we must be over the squad limit now ?
    Goalies don't count. 
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Henderson doesn't count
  • Options
    Ah ha tu
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!