Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Craig MacGillivray signs from Pompey - 2 year deal

Comments

• Options
    Valley11 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Dreadful keeper. The worst Charlton number 1 I’ve ever seen.
    How quickly you forget Yohann Thuram-Ulien…
    Absolutely. I still have nightmares about that bloke. How he kept a clean sheet in that famous win over QPR I will never know.

And how ironic that it was that idiot who in a way started the rot for SCP. No wonder SCP ignored the mad Belgian and refused to drop Hamer and another competent keeper in Ben Alnwick for him.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Valley11 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    How quickly you forget Yohann Thuram-Ulien…
    He was never the number 1 though if my memory serves me well?
  • Options
    I think we may well be stuck with him next season, but that doesn't mean AMB might not be a better.option ahead of him.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    He has cost us more points than gained us this year.. 
    Got anything to back up a statement like that?
    Video clips of the soft goals he has conceded?
  • Options
    if one thing has been proven by the lack of competition this year it's that CM will be here next season and hopefully spending most of it competing for AMB's shirt.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Video clips of the soft goals he has conceded?
    How does that prove if he has cost us points? Surely all depends on the game situation at the time and the final result? For example the second on Saturday, yes he should have saved that but even if he had it wouldn't have made a difference to the final outcome. What about saves he's made to keep us in games? 

It's an opinion stated as fact and something like this is incredibly hard to quantify even if all the evidence is available. 
  • Options
    needs to go to specsavers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was a big fan of Amos, give me a keeper at this level that relieves pressure on the defence over a 'good shot stopper' any day. Sadly MacGillivray isn't even that good at the latter. 
  • Options
    We've played many oppositions who have had a goalie that's either saved or won them the game.  

Fans have thought signing POTY at other L1 and L2 would be the way forward, but this hasn't worked greatly. 

Amos did let in many goals from outside the area but look back at how many strikes didn't even have our player closing the striker of the ball down. 
  • Options
    Being generous he's currently struggling for form, but this is where we're slightly struggling seeing that nobody is talking about playing Henderson instead
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    JaShea99 said:
    Not quite but 'effing close
    I think Peter Wakeham was quite skilled in diving over the ball.
    That was before my time addick, thankfully.
  • Options
    This is the worst run we’ve had of a keeper since Ilic kept diving over the top of them in 98/99.  
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Average at best, doesn’t look that big either to me. You need a keeper who’s not afraid to come for crosses or deal with bombs into the box which is more prevalent in the third tier. He doesn’t and as a consequence puts added pressure on the defence. Another poor signing.
    He's a foot taller than you, you need to sort your eyesight out mate.
    11" taller than me btw.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Average at best, doesn’t look that big either to me. You need a keeper who’s not afraid to come for crosses or deal with bombs into the box which is more prevalent in the third tier. He doesn’t and as a consequence puts added pressure on the defence. Another poor signing.
    He's a foot taller than you, you need to sort your eyesight out mate.
    11" taller than me btw.
    You need to get your abacus out 😉.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Watch the highlights of the season.. I can't personally put myself of watching it again, but by all means knock yourself out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm not just just jumping on the bandwagon - been saying this for months - but his unwillingness to come for crosses means he will never be the goalkeeper we need for a promotion push in this league where the ball gets crossed into the area frequently.

If he plays tonight, just watch him. Rooted to his line as the ball flies dangerously across the 6 yard box.

I was a big fan of Ben Amos and his style of keeping. He genuinely was one of the best catchers of crosses I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt. We have missed him hugely. 

Finally I'm still scratching my head at Corey Blackett - Taylor saying on the Bromley Addicks zoom call that he thought MacGillivray was our player of the year so far. Can only assume he doesn't watch much if he's not playing. 
  • Options
    I'm not just just jumping on the bandwagon - been saying this for months - but his unwillingness to come for crosses means he will never be the goalkeeper we need for a promotion push in this league where the ball gets crossed into the area frequently.

If he plays tonight, just watch him. Rooted to his line as the ball flies dangerously across the 6 yard box.

I was a big fan of Ben Amos and his style of keeping. He genuinely was one of the best catchers of crosses I have ever seen in a Charlton shirt. We have missed him hugely. 

Finally I'm still scratching my head at Corey Blackett - Taylor saying on the Bromley Addicks zoom call that he thought MacGillivray was our player of the year so far. Can only assume he doesn't watch much if he's not playing. 
    Dobson is the only candidate for POTY.  
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Don't you mean worse? 
  • Options
    Fucking embarrassing is what that is.
  • Options
    Staying on the goalline as if playing a bloody school game on concrete during lunch break.

How can you not coach/train to become better in your profession!? 
  • Options
    Yeah it’s poor. He seems like a nice bloke but isn’t what’s needed to get out of this division unfortunately.
  • Options
    He caught a cross at the last home game and an almighty cheer went up.
  • Options
    Hadn’t seen the goals until just now. WOW.