Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Craig MacGillivray signs from Pompey - 2 year deal

Comments

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    He did ok tonight but let’s not make it into something it isn’t. He’s still an atrocious keeper and a clean sheet against god-awful opposition doesn’t change that.
    Always someone who wants to piss on the fireworks….FFS the pea in the refs whistle hasn’t even stopped rattling.😠
  • Options
    Came for some crosses and even managed to roll the ball out quickly to our players - which is at least a start. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    That fucking flap in the first minute I thought we were in for a long hard night again
    I am not a McG fan but "that flap" was a long throw into our box that our defenders inexplicably allowed to come right across the box.  McG can't be expected to second guess the utter incompetence of our defenders to not simply head that clear,and whilst not convincing he got something on it to push it away from the immediate danger area.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    He did ok tonight but let’s not make it into something it isn’t. He’s still an atrocious keeper and a clean sheet against god-awful opposition doesn’t change that.
    Gills nearly scored from their first throw in because he watched the ball float across his goalmouth. Celebrating the fact he later caught two crosses (literally the basics of his job) just stinks of the losing mentality running through the club right now.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Always someone who wants to piss on the fireworks….FFS the pea in the refs whistle hasn’t even stopped rattling.😠
    The loud ironic cheer when he took that basic catch from a cross for a keeper was enough said 
  • Options
    Get rid - not good enough .  A big part of our defensive issues this season - dreadful scouting .  
  • Options
    The keeping from the throw after the first minute was again, woeful. Hiding on the goal line.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    wmcf123 said:
    sam3110 said:
    We've been spoilt in the past seasons with keepers, from Ilic, Kiely, Elliott, Hamer, Pope and Phillips being great keepers, to having top loanees like Carson, Steer, Amos and Rudd, and even some of our backup keepers like Andersen, Randolph, Button, Alnwick and Dmitrovic, for most of the last 20 years we've not had many duds (the Weaver era probably being the biggest first choice dud we had, and the end of Henderson first time around wasn't great either) but Macgillivray is the worst first choice keeper we've had since I first watched Charlton in 1994/1995
    I assume you didn’t watch much of Ilic
    I mean I was only born in 1990, so don't remember a lot of him, but any keeper that plays in a promotion winning side isn't going to be THAT bad
    He was very well protected in the 98 run in and largely dreadful after that .  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    10 at home is impressive. 2 away isnt
  • Options
    Given how absolutely shite our defence has generally been that is an incredible stat.
  • Options
    Bloody hell, shows you how misleading stats can be.
    MacGillivray is only half the keeper when he doesn't have Stockley around mopping up anything high in the area.
    Good shot stopper though.
  • Options
    Much improved last two games. But would still replace him.
  • Options
    Much improved last two games. But would still replace him.
    If AMB is not considered ready to step up yet then McG would be okay as a back up/reserve keeper but hopefully not first choice. 

Personally I think Maynard-Brewer has earned the right to at least fight for the first choice GK position but I don't know what the "official" view is. 
  • Options
    Would be happy with AMB and MacG fighting it out for number 1 next season. keepers always perform better when there is another good GK ready to take their space if they play poorly.

Long-term I think AMB could be our number 1 for a while, if he doesn't get snapped up. Really good player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mmmh the headline to that article is a bit Daily Mail for my liking. 

Maybe draw a heat map of his positioning for each goal we've conceded and assess whether it has conformed to goalkeeping standards. I would find that more relevant.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    mendonca said:
    Mmmh the headline to that article is a bit Daily Mail for my liking. 

Maybe draw a heat map of his positioning for each goal we've conceded and assess whether it has conformed to goalkeeping standards. I would find that more relevant.
    To be fair, the headline is as much about the centre as it is the right wing
  • Options
    The statistics say that he’s a good keeper. But in reality 🤔. Think it’s time Maynard Brewer was given a go otherwise we’ll lose him. Just like we lost keepers like Darren Randolph 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I think he is an actual liability who has lost us more points than he has helped to gain.
    Seth…..have you really thought that through? 🤔
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    I think he is an actual liability who has lost us more points than he has helped to gain.
    Seth…..have you really thought that through? 🤔
    Enlighten me.
  • Options
    AMB will be our cup keeper next season …