Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• Will post more after the game on this. Scott labelled George as an average league 1 player ans can only see him as a squad player going forward at Charlton. Doesn't believe he is a player to get us promoted. 

Only offered a small increase on his current wage. George wanted to stay. It is not about the money and that is why his father has allowed us to post this because he doesn't want fans thinking his boy is leaving for money. 

George wanted to be in and around the wage of most of the players. Tennai Watson is on around 1k more than George for example. 

The final insult was making him train with the u23s last 2 days. He has been desperate to move him on last couple of months. Obviously I am biased and get on well with George and his father but thought it best I share with you all 👍🏻
    Why have you posted this today?
  • Sad to hear and read. 
  • Training with the 21s? Fucking hell that does seem to be a real shambles if so. 
  • Well Dobbo has gone... absolutely gutted and disgusted with the way he has been treated by 1 person in particular. The truth will come out in the coming days. But I have been allowed to post this from the family of George in case anyone was wondering.

Andy Scott you need to go.
    If he wanted to stay he would sign the contract offer. If it’s about the money, good luck to him in Hungary or wherever he ends up.
    Why sign now? He won’t want to play in L2 next season or even L1 if Jones doesn’t rate him. He might as well wait until he knows where he stands with those things and then compare what’s on offer here to any other interest he has.
  • edited February 10
    Will post more after the game on this. Scott labelled George as an average league 1 player ans can only see him as a squad player going forward at Charlton. Doesn't believe he is a player to get us promoted. 

Only offered a small increase on his current wage. George wanted to stay. It is not about the money and that is why his father has allowed us to post this because he doesn't want fans thinking his boy is leaving for money. 

George wanted to be in and around the wage of most of the players. Tennai Watson is on around 1k more than George for example. 

The final insult was making him train with the u23s last 2 days. He has been desperate to move him on last couple of months. Obviously I am biased and get on well with George and his father but thought it best I share with you all 👍🏻
    Surely Jones would have been to one the make him train with the U23s, and not Scott, and presumably he did that because George is going so not part of first team plans anymore which is fair enough.

It’s really not mistreatment to be offered a contract which he does not think he is worth. Thats just football. Though I’m sure will cause lots of debate on here if he was worth more or not. 

Again if there has been broken promises, lies and deceit - that’s different, and should rightfully be called out if it happened.

Otherwise at the end of the day, he has moved for money, whatever his dad says. If they were confident he could get a decent gig, on better money than we offered, when his contract ran out in 6 months. Then he would have stayed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Will be interesting what Curbs and Brown have to say on this matter (within the limitations of what they can on the club payroll)
  • edited February 10
    Will post more after the game on this. Scott labelled George as an average league 1 player ans can only see him as a squad player going forward at Charlton. Doesn't believe he is a player to get us promoted. 

He's a decent player and has a brilliant work ethic, but I'm not sure he's good enough for the Championship, if he was, surely he would be moving up a division and not off to some random club in Hungary. Remember Semedo, decent player for us but we upgraded and moved on. However, letting him go in a relegation battle is foolish.
  • Scott is a pleb. Just look at his approach while at Notts Forest.
  • Will post more after the game on this. Scott labelled George as an average league 1 player ans can only see him as a squad player going forward at Charlton. Doesn't believe he is a player to get us promoted. 

Surely Jones would have been to one the make him train with the U23s, and not Scott, and presumably he did that because George is going so not part of first team plans anymore which is fair enough.

It’s really not mistreatment to be offered a contract which he does not think he is worth. Thats just football. Though I’m sure will cause lots of debate on here if he was worth more or not. 

Again if there has been broken promises, lies and deceit - that’s different, and should rightfully be called out if it happened.

Otherwise at the end of the day, he has moved for money, whatever his dad says. If they were confident he could get a decent gig, on better money than we offered, when his contract ran out in 6 months. Then he would have stayed. 
    No, it was Scott that made that decision regarding U23’s
  • Well Dobbo has gone... absolutely gutted and disgusted with the way he has been treated by 1 person in particular. The truth will come out in the coming days. But I have been allowed to post this from the family of George in case anyone was wondering.

Just been speaking to someone who knows the family. 
    It's true, Scott has effectively forced Dobbo out. 
    He did sign a pre contract and he's definitely off to Hungary. 
    This is the key bit for me. If he's already indicated he wants to go in the summer then I can understand why the club want to make some money from him. The hope is that we can start building for next season after a couple of wins. In that case we'd basically be paying Dobbo to sit on the bench. Dobson would obviously still give 100% but that doesn't help Jones next season
  • Rumour Gribbo likes to reuse the same joke multiple times. 
    Which is about as funny as stubbing your toe
  • Sponsored links:

• Rumour Gribbo likes to reuse the same joke multiple times. 
    That ain't no rumour mate
  • Look on the brightside...

If Dobson is training with the U23s, that should be great experience for the kids coming through - Having a Senior member of the squad working with them.
    This might already be a post of the year contender 

He's a decent player and has a brilliant work ethic, but I'm not sure he's good enough for the Championship, if he was, surely he would be moving up a division and not off to some random club in Hungary. Remember Semedo, decent player for us but we upgraded and moved on.
    True about Semedo, we moved on and replaced him with players better suited, but he also got promoted to the Championship and played there for 4 or 5 years.

Like Semedo, Dobson could play at that level in the right team, but probably wouldn’t be a regular either. I see him as the sort of player who wants to be at a club where he’s a regular starter.

Taylor and Coventry both looked like alternatives and future replacements for Dobson to me so I’m not surprised to read he’s expected to move on.
  • IanC1960 said:

No, it was Scott that made that decision regarding U23’s
    If that’s true then that already undermines Jones and his authority and I don’t like it. 
  • fenaddick said:
    Well Dobbo has gone... absolutely gutted and disgusted with the way he has been treated by 1 person in particular. The truth will come out in the coming days. But I have been allowed to post this from the family of George in case anyone was wondering.

Just been speaking to someone who knows the family. 
    It's true, Scott has effectively forced Dobbo out. 
    He did sign a pre contract and he's definitely off to Hungary. 
    This is the key bit for me. If he's already indicated he wants to go in the summer then I can understand why the club want to make some money from him. The hope is that we can start building for next season after a couple of wins. In that case we'd basically be paying Dobbo to sit on the bench. Dobson would obviously still give 100% but that doesn't help Jones next season
    He did not want to go, he loves the club, all Andy Scotts doing
  • Yes, we are Charlton Athletic and not Dobson and CBT FC. 

However, we are closer to the drop with both of them leaving. Another masterstroke from our recruitment team. Brainless.