Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• Talal said:
    Bit confused as to why he's picked Hungary though. He'd easily get another league one gig when he's a free agent and then wouldn't have to move his family so far. Just think it's a strange choice. 
    Maybe he is not as rated outside of Charlton as much as we think, or alternatively I guess he’s been offered a life changing sum of money. 

Though his dad did say it’s not about the money, so who knows. Does he have family in Hungary?
  • fenaddick said:
    IanC1960 said:
    fenaddick said:
    Well Dobbo has gone... absolutely gutted and disgusted with the way he has been treated by 1 person in particular. The truth will come out in the coming days. But I have been allowed to post this from the family of George in case anyone was wondering.

Andy Scott you need to go.
    Just been speaking to someone who knows the family. 
    It's true, Scott has effectively forced Dobbo out. 
    He did sign a pre contract and he's definitely off to Hungary. 
    This is the key bit for me. If he's already indicated he wants to go in the summer then I can understand why the club want to make some money from him. The hope is that we can start building for next season after a couple of wins. In that case we'd basically be paying Dobbo to sit on the bench. Dobson would obviously still give 100% but that doesn't help Jones next season
    He did not want to go, he loves the club, all Andy Scotts doing
    He didn't have to sign a pre contract though, he could have waited
    I'm not delighted about it and not trying to defend the owners/Scott at all but no one forced Dobbo to sign that piece of paper
  • fenaddick said:
    IanC1960 said:
    fenaddick said:
    Well Dobbo has gone... absolutely gutted and disgusted with the way he has been treated by 1 person in particular. The truth will come out in the coming days. But I have been allowed to post this from the family of George in case anyone was wondering.

This is the key bit for me. If he's already indicated he wants to go in the summer then I can understand why the club want to make some money from him. The hope is that we can start building for next season after a couple of wins. In that case we'd basically be paying Dobbo to sit on the bench. Dobson would obviously still give 100% but that doesn't help Jones next season
    He never signed a pre-Contract, we sold him
  • The deal is done between the clubs.
  • Yes, we are Charlton Athletic and not Dobson and CBT FC. 

However, we are closer to the drop with both of them leaving. Another masterstroke from our recruitment team. Brainless. 
    If we end up finishing comfortably safe, will you roll back on this comment or double down like you usually do?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 10
    Talal said:
    Bit confused as to why he's picked Hungary though. He'd easily get another league one gig when he's a free agent and then wouldn't have to move his family so far. Just think it's a strange choice. 
    If the rumours right that he's only gonna be on £40k a year, he could've got that on the council
  • IanC1960 said:
    fenaddick said:
    IanC1960 said:
    fenaddick said:

He never signed a pre-Contract, we sold him
    Some people are saying he did, some are saying he didn't. Can only comment on what is currently unconfirmed speculation
  • Scott hasn't forced Dobson out NOW, that's nonsense. If Dobbo wants to go to Hungary now then that's his decision, but we're entitled to offer him a contract for NEXT season, and he's entitled to reject it. Then see if he can get something better in the summer.
    You have not got a clue
  • Two best players sold in the January window while under the threat of relegation (if true). 

What a calamity. 
    You do realise that they refused to sign contracts?
  • real shame if he is going and we haven't given him a good enough contract to stay. Probably our best best player with his consistency. gonna miss him as we have no one else I can think of who will do that role as effectively. 
  • fenaddick said:
    So let me get this correct. George has left the building which can only mean Hungary ?
    Well it can't be a UK club
    Well yes hence Hungary. Means we’ve sold him for a fee then.
  • I am very pissed off with this if it's true.
    Like we, the majority of fans are blind or something?

• Sponsored links:

• Good luck Dobbo, you served us well, sometimes doing more than the rest of the team. Hopefully we will still avoid relegation without you
  • A player like Barry Bannan, who will sit and dictate play from deep, is pie in the sky and rare for league 1. Only my opinion of course but I think keeping Dobbo was important (more so than CBT imo)
    Think the hope is Coventry will be that player
  • Hope Dobson enjoys his next venture, and is successful wherever he ends up... Certainly appreciate everything he's done for the club - I personally don't think we were at a loss without him against Derby

Charlton is bigger than two individuals... Lets not forget that

We're not Blackett-Taylor or Dobson Football Club the last time I checked!!
    No but we might be in league 2 without them
  • mrbligh said:
    Disgraceful. Andy Scott so far has signed a whole heap of duds and let our two best players go. Genius 
    Let them go ? CBT refused to play because he wanted a north back up north .. Dobson was not about money he wanted a flat 3 year deal club righty so offered 2 with option 
  • Bilko said:
    If all the rumours are true, it’s a disgrace how he has been treated.
    Once again the big word there is RUMOUR again