Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• edited February 10
  • edited February 10
    Find this all very weird. Why not see out your contract and see what offers you get at the end of the season. Worst case scenario you sign for another League One club or move abroad then.
    Who says they were allowed to? 

Dobson was forced to train with the youngers so clearly he was being pushed out. 
    What was to stop him from training with the U23s until the summer?

Worst case scenario he's banned from Sparrows Lane (whether we'd be allowed to do that or not, I'm unsure), and has to train like a Free Agent - He'd then get his revenge, by ensuring that the club got no money for him this summer, and he'd then be able to pocket a bit extra through a signing on fee.
  • Find this all very weird. Why not see out your contract and see what offers you get at the end of the season. Worst case scenario you sign for another League One club or move abroad then.

Dobson was forced to train with the youngers so clearly he was being pushed out. 
    Was he … the offer was on the table for a long time still is .. that don’t sound like being pushed out .. if Dobson made his mind up to take 3 year option abroad that’s down to him not the club forcing him out ..
  • Find this all very weird. Why not see out your contract and see what offers you get at the end of the season. Worst case scenario you sign for another League One club or move abroad then.

A player that is young and wants to play football above all else? 
  • edited February 10
    Find this all very weird. Why not see out your contract and see what offers you get at the end of the season. Worst case scenario you sign for another League One club or move abroad then.

There’s 3 months left of the season.

I’m sure if his team were confident they would get a good offer closer to home, especially again considering he would be free, then they would have bit the bullet - instead of upheaving the family to go to a complete different country for a few years. 
  • I don’t really get it on either side. Charlton should just let him run down his contract. While I do think he’s overrated by a lot of our fans, he’s a good League One player and important to this team. 
    From Dobson’s point of view, see your contract out and get a payday one way or another this summer. 
  • Sponsored links:

A player that is young and wants to play football above all else? 
    Erm... that still boils down to it being his decision...

He would still be allowed to see out his contract with us, if he wanted to
  • So he's going it seems.
    It also seems it's his choice to go after being offered a contract extension with perhaps a 14% pay rise (£500 on £3500?) and a further 2 years.
    Maybe it's the money or not long enough on the contract but I doubt it. My guess is he feels his face won't fit in the way he wants it to for the next couple of years and if that's the case I feel sorry for him, I've had that in my career and it doesn't feel very nice at all. It makes it feel like it's not your own choice really.
    If he is going I hope he has a great rest of his career, his family do well and I thank him for being the player he has been for us. 
    I hope he looks back in a year or so and can be at least somewhat glad with the direction his career has taken and I hope we can all be glad about the direction our squad and league position has taken. My feeling is both of these things have a good chance of coming true.
  • Bilko said:
    If all the rumours are true, it’s a disgrace how he has been treated.
    Once again the big word there is RUMOUR again 
    The irony of this being said by the biggest WUM of any footballing forums going!

Didn’t you once claim that your relative had made the official paperwork for our Australian Owners?
  • fenaddick said:
    In reality the problem started about 12 months ago, there's no way we should be letting any important player enter the last 12 months of their deal without a solid offer on the table. 
    In a nutshell.
  • The deal is done between the clubs.
    Hi @Vjacheslav

Have you got concrete news from the club that he is now moving in this window to you? I ask because Gaby, an always reliable  Hungarian source , wrote this to me last week

https://x.com/djgabyg/status/1754573719547060645?s=61&t=oKpEK5xuwukoPQ-YsizesQ

1st July, reflecting the talk of a pre-contract. Now there are two people on here saying he has gone now. That should mean that a fee has been paid. Are Fehervar that anxious to get him that they would pay a fee to get him now? Maybe, but if I were you, I would not assume it based on those two posts. 

I think we’d all appreciate it if you can post direct links about this from either the club or reliable HU media. Don’t worry about the language, we can all use Google Translate. 
  • Gutted
  • I really hate to say this but I've been trying to figure out the common denominator in recent seasons of absolut guff.
    Managers players and owners have come and gone and still we are no better.
    There is one constant though......
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 10
    masicat said:
    Overrated player as was CBT. Could do with him for the next 16 games, but next season he would be on the bench.
    cos of all the other players we have who are better? 
    Let‘s see what they are capable of under a proper manager. 
  • plus if we wanted to get rid why did we not sell him in Jan ? no this is down to Dobson to take up a different option that’s all .. once again people trying to stir up trouble 
    I’m assuming that we didn’t get any bids. 
  • Can accept good players leaving. It's been happening for the last 60 years at least. What is more difficult to take is the apparent clumsy handling of the Dobson contract.
    Can you elucidate on why it’s been clumsily handled ?
  • Bilko said:
    If all the rumours are true, it’s a disgrace how he has been treated.
    Once again the big word there is RUMOUR again 
    Actually the big word was disgrace - by one letter. 
  • We move on, a shame as he was a decent player. No way near the best midfielder I’ve seen play for Charlton but he left it all on the pitch