Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• So Dobson is unhappy that he was only offered an extra £500 per week or £26,000 a year.

i feel for him!!!!!
    If you were one of the best employees at your company, would you be happy to earn a salary less than people who consistently performed worse than you?
    I agree but it must be a common thing in football at clubs big and small.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 10
    IanC1960 said:
    Hmm. Players will get offered what the club are willing to offer them and if they don't want to take it then they have the right to go. If Dobson was sent to train with the kids then that doesn't sit right with me. However, the flip side of that is our club captain has left and now we have two different posters coming on here spreading negative stories and slagging off the club in the hours leading up to our first match under a new manager in a relegation scrap we need to get out of. Whether George knows that this stuff is being posted or not his camp really doesn't come out well from this
    Not negative story’s just fact, hope we all enjoy league 2, in Scott we trust, not
    Anyway know why I have never posted on here before as normally just a reader because it’s an utter waste of time, where did I slag off the club just a curtain person in it.
    Bye I’m done
    I mean everything GM said is factual as well, you did come on here a couple of hours before kick off to a crucial match and post things that paint the club in a negative light. Even if it's just one man, it is the one man representing the club in contract negotiations.

This is pretty mild criticism, if it's criticism of you at all, and it mostly highlights that the timing of this isn't great. And it's hard to argue that. 

None of that gets at the accuracy of your claims, if anything it takes them at face value. 

If you can't handle that then yeah lurking is probably best for you. 
  • mrbligh said:
    Gillis said:
    If you worked harder than any other employee at your organisation and had been the best performer there for the past few years, but your boss told you he didn't rate you and paid other employees (who put in less effort than you) better money, how long would you stick around?
    Just because the last regime made a mistake overpaying players doesn’t mean we should add those mistakes by overpaying others when it’s time for contract renewal. 

Agreed that he’s the best player at the club but not because he’s playing like a Championship calibre player, it’s because the players earning Championship calibre money haven’t been pulling their weight.

We had a valuation on how much a player of his ability was worth paying. His camp had a different valuation. That’s the business of football.
    The current regime is making mistakes overpaying players that play worse than Dobson. 
    That hardly negates the point I’m making. 

The money Dobson wants it sounds as though he can only get from a random club in Hungary. This isn’t a pre contract with a Championship club, or even another League One club. 

We created plenty of problems for ourselves elsewhere but I think that fact probably tells us that, for this particular contract negotiation, the club got it right.
    Utter nonsense. Captain. Player of the year and 2nd place player of the year the last two years. 26 years old so coming into his prime. Not worth 4K a week? Nonsense mate 
    Why is he not waiting 3 months, to go to a team in the UK which will pay him that much then?
  • I'm not a massive fan of Dobson as think he is limited in what he does, but I'd 100% keep him until the end of the season and he should be starting 
  • Well Dobbo has gone... absolutely gutted and disgusted with the way he has been treated by 1 person in particular. The truth will come out in the coming days. But I have been allowed to post this from the family of George in case anyone was wondering.

Andy Scott you need to go.
    Just been speaking to someone who knows the family. 
    It's true, Scott has effectively forced Dobbo out. 
    He did sign a pre contract and he's definitely off to Hungary. 
    I don’t want Dodson gone, but having signed a pre contract, then it’s backfired on him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Had hoped it was a bit of a standoff over contract terms, sign or we'll drop you v I want better terms or I'm off to Hungary.

Seems sadly not.

Think it would be daft selling him - dont think he's the type who would sulk like CBT did, and while there would be some merit in the argument of getting something in now rather than lose a player on a free if we were in midtable, as we're at risk of going down, there's a strong feeling that losing one of your best players for a small fee is a false economy.
    Especially if -as alleged - he is on less wages than Tennai Watson  who in  every game shows us why he was considered surplus by MKD. 
    Considered surplus? We making stuff up now? He was one of their better players and they wanted to keep him.

@SDAddick already corrected me on that. To that extent, I apologise. However having watched every game, i think the idea that two Champ clubs were interested in him is definitely making things up.His agent would have made it up. If he really earns more than Dobbo that is as ridiculous as Dobbo going to Hungary.
  • edited February 10
    Chunes said:
    Gillis said:
    If you worked harder than any other employee at your organisation and had been the best performer there for the past few years, but your boss told you he didn't rate you and paid other employees (who put in less effort than you) better money, how long would you stick around?
    Just because the last regime made a mistake overpaying players doesn’t mean we should add those mistakes by overpaying others when it’s time for contract renewal. 
    Where has it come from that he's asking to be overpaid? It sounds like he's just asking to be paid in line with the rest of the squad. 
    Where does my post suggest he’s asking to be overpaid? He’s reasonable in asking for a number, the club are reasonable in refusing to match it because they have their own valuation.

People can keep making the point about him looking at what others are making around him but if the best player is on 10k, should we agree to pay Dobson 10k also? Baring in mind no other League One or Championship club is after him? That seems like madness to me - not a way to build and run a successful football club.
    In the part I quoted and in the argument you've just made again...
  • Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Gillis said:
    Where has it come from that he's asking to be overpaid? It sounds like he's just asking to be paid in line with the rest of the squad. 
    Where does my post suggest he’s asking to be overpaid? He’s reasonable in asking for a number, the club are reasonable in refusing to match it because they have their own valuation.

People can keep making the point about him looking at what others are making around him but if the best player is on 10k, should we agree to pay Dobson 10k also? Baring in mind no other League One or Championship club is after him? That seems like madness to me - not a way to build and run a successful football club.
    In the part I quoted and in the argument you've just made again...
    I’m putting up hypotheticals in response to people comparing George’s salary to other players, not suggesting that’s what George wants or has asked for.

People have said “if you saw others earning more doing a worse job” and I’m saying that’s not how football works. This isn’t an office job.
  • Scoham said:

So tomorrow it will be confirmed what we know today. 
  • mrbligh said:
    • 1:43PM edited 1:44PM
      He did not want to go, he never got offered what he wanted, he got offered only 500 extra a week on a two year deal with 1 year option, taking him to 4k a week, all lies from Andy Scott.
      This source is from the horses mouth.
      He was being forced and train and play with the U23
      so our best player for the last three years has been fucked off by Andy Scott 
    • At the end of the day George is gutted. Loved the club, young family and wanted to stay but has been pushed out by 1 man who don't rate him. 

As I say I'm sure you will all hear more in coming days

@Callumcafc - maybe Ian above is full of shite but maybe he’s not. 

I’m pretty sure we’ll get relegated without him so if he wanted 4, 5 or 6 I’d be doing everything to keep him. We are gutless. We need fighters. 

People talking about he’s not good enough for a promotion team need to give their head a wobble. We are not a promotion chasing team. 

Coventry and bakinson are not the answer. Tennai watson earns more than him. It’s utterly ridiculous. Im sure it’ll all come out in the wash but fuck me we’re wasting money on some dross whilst driving out the only guy who actually gives a fuck. 
    I’m not full of shit just a supporter for 54 years and all I have written is true
  • IanC1960 said:
    mrbligh said:
    • 1:43PM edited 1:44PM
      He did not want to go, he never got offered what he wanted, he got offered only 500 extra a week on a two year deal with 1 year option, taking him to 4k a week, all lies from Andy Scott.
      This source is from the horses mouth.
      He was being forced and train and play with the U23
      so our best player for the last three years has been fucked off by Andy Scott 
    • At the end of the day George is gutted. Loved the club, young family and wanted to stay but has been pushed out by 1 man who don't rate him. 

As I say I'm sure you will all hear more in coming days

@Callumcafc - maybe Ian above is full of shite but maybe he’s not. 

I’m pretty sure we’ll get relegated without him so if he wanted 4, 5 or 6 I’d be doing everything to keep him. We are gutless. We need fighters. 

People talking about he’s not good enough for a promotion team need to give their head a wobble. We are not a promotion chasing team. 

Coventry and bakinson are not the answer. Tennai watson earns more than him. It’s utterly ridiculous. Im sure it’ll all come out in the wash but fuck me we’re wasting money on some dross whilst driving out the only guy who actually gives a fuck. 
    I’m not full of shit just a supporter for 54 years and all I have written is true
    Don’t doubt it mate 
  • The deal is done between the clubs.
    Hi @Vjacheslav

Have you got concrete news from the club that he is now moving in this window to you? I ask because Gaby, an always reliable  Hungarian source , wrote this to me last week

https://x.com/djgabyg/status/1754573719547060645?s=61&t=oKpEK5xuwukoPQ-YsizesQ

1st July, reflecting the talk of a pre-contract. Now there are two people on here saying he has gone now. That should mean that a fee has been paid. Are Fehervar that anxious to get him that they would pay a fee to get him now? Maybe, but if I were you, I would not assume it based on those two posts. 

I think we’d all appreciate it if you can post direct links about this from either the club or reliable HU media. Don’t worry about the language, we can all use Google Translate. 
    https://www.nemzetisport.hu/labdarugo-nb-i/2024/02/fehervar-hetfon-erkezhet-az-arsenalban-nevelkedett-londoni-kozeppalyas-ns-info