Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• Just a thought, was Dobson not at Sunderland the same time as Methven?
    Could there already be a bit of bad blood between the two?
  • edited February 10
    IanC1960 said:
    mrbligh said:
    Gillis said:
    If you worked harder than any other employee at your organisation and had been the best performer there for the past few years, but your boss told you he didn't rate you and paid other employees (who put in less effort than you) better money, how long would you stick around?
    Just because the last regime made a mistake overpaying players doesn’t mean we should add those mistakes by overpaying others when it’s time for contract renewal. 

Agreed that he’s the best player at the club but not because he’s playing like a Championship calibre player, it’s because the players earning Championship calibre money haven’t been pulling their weight.

We had a valuation on how much a player of his ability was worth paying. His camp had a different valuation. That’s the business of football.
    The current regime is making mistakes overpaying players that play worse than Dobson. 
    That hardly negates the point I’m making. 

The money Dobson wants it sounds as though he can only get from a random club in Hungary. This isn’t a pre contract with a Championship club, or even another League One club. 

We created plenty of problems for ourselves elsewhere but I think that fact probably tells us that, for this particular contract negotiation, the club got it right.
    Utter nonsense. Captain. Player of the year and 2nd place player of the year the last two years. 26 years old so coming into his prime. Not worth 4K a week? Nonsense mate 
    Got a source on that number? I’d have guessed he was on about 4k per week on his last contract and if the rumours of a small increase are true…
    Yep, Mick Dobson
    I am not ITK, but I was told this by another fan in Crossbars, about a month ago. it is alleged that Fraser is on £10,000, and Dobbo is on about £4000. He would be happy to sign However, the contract he was offered was for a measly small increase amount. I was told by another person as well. The person i know in Crossbars indicated that this info came directly from Dobbo's Dad.  What I was told he was offered on a new contract I thought "The club are taking the piss".  When Fraser is on £10,000 and Dobbo is on £4000 and what he was offered. (I can't remember the exact figure, but if they offered him a decent contract he would have signed). 
  • I was trying to find out if Dobbo's girlfriend was Hungarian, during my search I found this link. 
  • It surely means we have NOT invested in the squad on net terms rather we are in credit or net nil. 

It conflicts with the apparent investment on Jones. 

??

I can't imagine the fee for Dobbo is very high. I can't imagine his and CBT's fees cover half of Coventry 's, let alone Gillesphey, REG, and Ramsay. 

The money has been spent, the question is "has it been spent well?" 
  • ValleyBen said:
    Imagine watching spineless performances like that and then shoving Dobson out the door early. 
    He not , he was  offered a deal wanted 3 years that’s his call to make …. 
  • ValleyBen said:
    Imagine watching spineless performances like that and then shoving Dobson out the door early. 
    He not , he was  offered a deal wanted 3 years that’s his call to make …. 
    Just because he was offered a deal doesn't make that deal a fair one 
  • Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    Genuinely interested to know if people would be more or less annoyed if he'd gone to the Championship in January? 
    I’m not annoyed now. I find it all a bit bizarre to be honest. If Scott doesn’t rate Dobbo as good enough for a team that wants to be challenging for promotion that’s his call and he’ll be judged on it but from Dobbo’s point of view why not just sit out your contract and surely at worst you’d get another league one club in the summer. Going to Hungary is just odd and it’s not as if he can be forced out, he’s under contract. I think there is more at play here than we know of.
    I could see an interview coming with the SLP in the next few weeks that will be very interesting. 

But you bring up a good point Large and one I've been trying to hammer home: no one can make him leave now. It's ultimately his choice. 

The only way this makes sense for Dobbo in my mind is if he feels like Fehervar are offering him a lot more (at least in real wages) than he thinks he'll get in the UK. I could see him being offered something similar to what he's on/was offered by Charlton in either lower L1, L2, or Scotland in the summer when he'd be joining on a free.

So hopefully there's something in it for him in Hungary, otherwise maybe it's a weird agent-driven move. 
  • SDAddick said:
    It surely means we have NOT invested in the squad on net terms rather we are in credit or net nil. 

??

I can't imagine the fee for Dobbo is very high. I can't imagine his and CBT's fees cover half of Coventry 's, let alone Gillesphey, REG, and Ramsay. 

Is there actually any knowledge of a fee for Coventry?  Still not convinced we paid much, if anything - West Ham were at pains in their statement to point out the fact his contract was nearly up, and that there was a sell-on.  Given the sell-on was apparently Sheff Wednesday's issue, it might be that it's a significant percentage sell-on rather than much on the fee?

• Club captain and best midfielder we have, what an awful time to let/push (depending on what side of fence you sit) him out the door.
    He might not be the most talented player in the world but he’s a bloody good league 1 player and if we are lucky that’s where we will end this season, we’ve made it much harder by not keeping him in my opinion.
    Wonder how this impacts the mood in the squad, always looked for instance like him and Alfie were good mates
    Won’t affect it players come and go .. all
    the time .
    Are you really winding me up? It doesn't have an affect? He was the only 200% player. The one name you would put on this team sheet. As we are likely to go down, he would be have been ok in Division 2. 
  • edited February 10
    supaclive said:
    Why make him train with the U23s?
    The club has shown him no respect

Perhaps GD couldn’t control himself and called Scott a C you next Tuesday. More likely that he was told to go now so the club could get a fee and would be training with the youth until the end of the season if not.
  • edited February 10

• boggzy said:
    Good luck to Dobson.

In another light, all of Scott's transfer 'business' looks like systematic destruction of our club.

Cronies the lot of 'em.

Not a good look for Jones stating he's injured - obviously an outright lie. 

He also told us last week everyone trained except Leaburn.

Grim times.
    Jones has dropped a b****** with his reply.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rudders22 said:
    Club captain and best midfielder we have, what an awful time to let/push (depending on what side of fence you sit) him out the door.
    He might not be the most talented player in the world but he’s a bloody good league 1 player and if we are lucky that’s where we will end this season, we’ve made it much harder by not keeping him in my opinion.
    Wonder how this impacts the mood in the squad, always looked for instance like him and Alfie were good mates
    the time .
    Are you really winding me up? It doesn't have an affect? He was the only 200% player. The one name you would put on this team sheet. As we are likely to go down, he would be have been ok in Division 2. 
    I'm assuming by Division 2 you actually mean Division 4/League 2?
    Dobson does not deserve to play in that lower division with the garbage players currently wearing our shirt.
    I get the feeling that Alfie May is starting to feel that he doesn't deserve it either.
    Exactly my view too. Alfie May doesn’t have that same fire and imagine there are a few that are just done and that makes for toxic dressing room and more lacklustre performances. NJ isn’t a miracle worker unfortunately 
  • Rudders22 said:
    Club captain and best midfielder we have, what an awful time to let/push (depending on what side of fence you sit) him out the door.
    the time .
    Dobson does not deserve to play in that lower division with the garbage players currently wearing our shirt.
    I get the feeling that Alfie May is starting to feel that he doesn't deserve it either.
    Exactly my view too. Alfie May doesn’t have that same fire and imagine there are a few that are just done and that makes for toxic dressing room and more lacklustre performances. NJ isn’t a miracle worker unfortunately 
    If May goes on a dry goal spell we're basically down.
  • SDAddick said:
    It surely means we have NOT invested in the squad on net terms rather we are in credit or net nil. 

??

Is there actually any knowledge of a fee for Coventry?  Still not convinced we paid much, if anything - West Ham were at pains in their statement to point out the fact his contract was nearly up, and that there was a sell-on.  Given the sell-on was apparently Sheff Wednesday's issue, it might be that it's a significant percentage sell-on rather than much on the fee?

Even though out of contract in the summer wouldn’t Wet Spam have been due around 300k development fee for him?
  • Rudders22 said:
    the time .
    Currently 5 league games without a goal.
  • Rudders22 said:
    the time .
    He's on a dry spell now then!
  • Rudders22 said:
    the time .
    He's on a dry spell now then!
    Joining in with the rest of them.
  • Cawley has tweeted tonight that Dobson is flying out Monday and is signing a 3 year deal. 
  • Rudders22 said:
    the time .
    Yes. That shit league. The old division 4. 
  • SDAddick said:

??

Coventry had 6m on his contract. We agreed a very large sell on but I reckon paid maybe £250K upfront.  REG, Ramsey and Gillesphy, what £250K tops. So £500K out.
    CBT £300K; Dobbo £100K?
    All guess work but I suspect our outgoings and incomings re fees were pretty similar.
    With Dobbo gone we also moved 10 players out and bought 9 in. So wages net probably about the same. 
    I think the Jan window was shit and a lot of smoke and mirrors to suggest we paid substantially more than we bought in/saved.