Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• Seems an extremely weird move for Dobbo. Fuck knows what's going on
  • It surely means we have NOT invested in the squad on net terms rather we are in credit or net nil. 

It conflicts with the apparent investment on Jones. 

• Genuinely interested to know if people would be more or less annoyed if he'd gone to the Championship in January? 
  • fenaddick said:
    Genuinely interested to know if people would be more or less annoyed if he'd gone to the Championship in January? 
    I'd still be annoyed but at least that move would make sense!
  • fenaddick said:
    Genuinely interested to know if people would be more or less annoyed if he'd gone to the Championship in January? 
    Less annoyed, and that’s probably disrespectful to the Hungarian side who are currently in a Europe Conference position in the league. I just find it an odd move. 
  • fenaddick said:

Less annoyed , could have seen the logic in going to a championship side in January. This I'm struggling to make sense of Vs running your contract down and going in the summer. 
  • fenaddick said:
    Less annoyed, and that’s probably disrespectful to the Hungarian side who are currently in a Europe Conference position in the league. I just find it an odd move. 
    I agree it's an odd move by the way. I just find the question interesting
  • Sponsored links:

• This ain't right 
  • So who instructed Jones to lie about him being injured then?
    Has put Jones in a difficult position when he needs the fans behind him.
    Amazed he'd be so naive to say that unless be was unaware of the move going through today 
  • Played with commitment, passion and never stopped going!! Improved his distribution over the last season but had a lot of limitations. Best of luck in Hungary. 

We move on!
  • Anyone know what Brownie and Curbs had to say about Dobbo leaving?
  • Gribbo said:
    Anyone know what Brownie and Curbs had to say about Dobbo leaving?

Nothing.  Were either ignorant of it or barred from saying anything. All very strange.
  • Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    I’m not annoyed now. I find it all a bit bizarre to be honest. If Scott doesn’t rate Dobbo as good enough for a team that wants to be challenging for promotion that’s his call and he’ll be judged on it but from Dobbo’s point of view why not just sit out your contract and surely at worst you’d get another league one club in the summer. Going to Hungary is just odd and it’s not as if he can be forced out, he’s under contract. I think there is more at play here than we know of.

This is where I'm at ultimately, it's all a bit confusing. I'd have had no problems if he ran his contract out and went to a championship club in the summer , enough players have done that over the years. The whole thing is just all a bit odd - was a bit surprised there was no January interest even within the league. 

Wouldn't be overly surprised if he's back over here by the end of the summer window. 
  • edited February 10
    Nathan's got to be under strict orders to say that, doesn't suddenly make him dishonest (which I don't think anyone insinuated on here but I saw a handful of comments on Twitter)
  • Personally got more respect for Dobson on his choice of new club, good for him and his family for taking a bold step to experience a different culture.

I hope it works out for them. 
  • Talal said:
    cabbles said:
    The heat he’s getting on twitter about leaving.

He’s only ever given 100% in a Charlton shirt.  Of all the dross that we’ve had in the last few years, he’s the one you can say bucked the trend in terms of consistency and effort.  

Some bright spark saying he's the same level as Taylor. 
    Crazy.  I’d have liked him to stay, but the damage had been done due to the mismanagement in all the years he’d been here.  I’m not saying he’s a world beater, but he’s the sort of player we should’ve done more around to keep 
  • What happened to the  Hungary story being a load of nonsense?
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    What happened to the  Hungary story being a load of nonsense?
    What happened was, a Fehervar fan came on here and provided us with background and finally a Hungarian news source. Another Hungarian footie fan, now Luton based but running a respected Hungarian football website for many years, still finds it all very odd:

https://x.com/DjGabyG/status/1756406043842597214?s=20