Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• Hope he is injured, because we need him out on the pitch, with NJ at the helm could be even better! 
    We will lose money left right and centre if relegated, and these clowns Scott & Co will get us relegated at this rate! Zero confidence and we will end up being sold again!

Scott and the clowns who the nice folk of Sunderland warned us about have clearly put us in this position, and will be praying NJ can save us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott and Co can f*** off, we need rid of this dross, yes Sangaard who did not have a clue can hold his head high!!!!!!
  • mrbligh said:
    Gillis said:
    If you worked harder than any other employee at your organisation and had been the best performer there for the past few years, but your boss told you he didn't rate you and paid other employees (who put in less effort than you) better money, how long would you stick around?
    Just because the last regime made a mistake overpaying players doesn’t mean we should add those mistakes by overpaying others when it’s time for contract renewal. 

Agreed that he’s the best player at the club but not because he’s playing like a Championship calibre player, it’s because the players earning Championship calibre money haven’t been pulling their weight.

We had a valuation on how much a player of his ability was worth paying. His camp had a different valuation. That’s the business of football.
    The current regime is making mistakes overpaying players that play worse than Dobson. 
    That hardly negates the point I’m making. 

The money Dobson wants it sounds as though he can only get from a random club in Hungary. This isn’t a pre contract with a Championship club, or even another League One club. 

We created plenty of problems for ourselves elsewhere but I think that fact probably tells us that, for this particular contract negotiation, the club got it right.
    Utter nonsense. Captain. Player of the year and 2nd place player of the year the last two years. 26 years old so coming into his prime. Not worth 4K a week? Nonsense mate 
    👆👍
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 10
    Croydon said:
    Mental gymnastics to convince themselves losing Dobson at this point of the season being done by the same who do mental gymnastics every window to convince themselves we've done good business. 
    No mental gymnastics - it’s a shit situation and I’d like Dobson to stick around. But we can’t try to get out of the hole we’re in by putting ourselves in another hole.
  • How has he been training with the U23 whilst he's been injured?
  • How has he been training with the U23 whilst he's been injured?
    Just a bullshit answer. He cannot say the truth before it is offical.
  • The deal is done between the clubs.
    Hi @Vjacheslav

Have you got concrete news from the club that he is now moving in this window to you? I ask because Gaby, an always reliable  Hungarian source , wrote this to me last week

https://x.com/djgabyg/status/1754573719547060645?s=61&t=oKpEK5xuwukoPQ-YsizesQ

1st July, reflecting the talk of a pre-contract. Now there are two people on here saying he has gone now. That should mean that a fee has been paid. Are Fehervar that anxious to get him that they would pay a fee to get him now? Maybe, but if I were you, I would not assume it based on those two posts. 

I think we’d all appreciate it if you can post direct links about this from either the club or reliable HU media. Don’t worry about the language, we can all use Google Translate. 
    https://www.nemzetisport.hu/labdarugo-nb-i/2024/02/fehervar-hetfon-erkezhet-az-arsenalban-nevelkedett-londoni-kozeppalyas-ns-info

Thanks a lot, @Vjacheslav

well that’s it then, he’s off. Going there Monday for medical and will sign a  contract if the medical is Ok. Which  it will be, as the report says he has been “left out” of the team. So we’ve been lied to, on top of everything else. 

Refers to a scout with links to Brentford as having tipped them off about Dobbo. 

I see that you had a much better awayday than we did @Vjacheslav. 😉

Keep us posted about Dobbo, through the season. I have my doubts that he will be successful but I certainly wish him well. Whatever people’s opinions about his technical ability, you won’t find many who disagree that he was a model professional who gave 110% every week and seemed like a good bloke all round and role model for kids. 

Our club now has some questions to answer….

And they will spin it

They made him a fantastic offer and then increased it , but he was determined to leave. We couldn’t have done anything else. His mind was made up. 

• Only Charlton could see two of their best players in the middle of a relegation battle 
    Did it previously with 2 loans to the New England Tea Men and almost dropped down as a result. That was even more bizarre tbh.
  • It is such a weird move for him, would have thought he would wait till the summer and see what was offered 
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    On Tuesday we should sing the George Dobson song throughout the game.
    What a great idea. That will really inspire the players 

They only had 3000 supporters cheering them on at the start of todays game. Really inspired them. 
  • Just in case anyone doesn’t believe it’s true Louis Mendez has confirmed on Twitter. I agree it seems odd, especially as he doesn’t seem to have enjoyed his time in Holland. I hope he does well whatever happens. A few English players recently have gone abroad and then come back at a higher level (Liam Millar is Canadian but a good example). Not seen it happen with Hungary but it’s definitely a possibility 
  • edited February 10

• Players leave - but to Hungary..can’t work that out… is he being offered something more attractive then he’d get in the summer.. good luck to him, it’s a ballsy move and hope it works out for him. 
  • edited February 10
    Gutted to see him go, I know if we had signed more players of his attitude we would not be facing a relegation fight to stay in the third tier.