Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

George Dobson - Gone to Wrexham p136, farewell message p142

Comments

• IanC1960 said:
    Scott hasn't forced Dobson out NOW, that's nonsense. If Dobbo wants to go to Hungary now then that's his decision, but we're entitled to offer him a contract for NEXT season, and he's entitled to reject it. Then see if he can get something better in the summer.
    You have not got a clue
    Dobson could have rejected the Charlton contract offer, waited until the summer and signed a deal somewhere else then.

Nobody can force him to go to Hungary NOW.
    What, when he was forced to play and train in the  u23’s realy
  • We are in a relegation BATTLE. I have seen nothing from Coventry thus that says he’s up for a battle. He might turn out to be a baller but a battler? That Dobson fella might have been up for it 
  • mrbligh said:
    Disgraceful. Andy Scott so far has signed a whole heap of duds and let our two best players go. Genius 
    Let them go ? CBT refused to play because he wanted a north back up north .. Dobson was not about money he wanted a flat 3 year deal club righty so offered 2 with option 
    Apparently, its been Dobbo's childhood dream to live in Hungary 
  • edited February 10
    A player like Barry Bannan, who will sit and dictate play from deep, is pie in the sky and rare for league 1. Only my opinion of course but I think keeping Dobbo was important (more so than CBT imo)
    Ideally thats what we've signed Conor Coventry to do...
    Yep, hopefully he comes good because we’ve tied him down and he’s a fair bit younger than Bannan.
  • Only Charlton could see two of their best players in the middle of a relegation battle 
  • Talal said:
    Bit confused as to why he's picked Hungary though. He'd easily get another league one gig when he's a free agent and then wouldn't have to move his family so far. Just think it's a strange choice. 
    Worth noting that despite being out of contract in the summer it doesn’t appear that George has been inundated with offers from league one or Championship clubs. At least not better than what he’s getting in Hungary or perhaps even what been offered by Charlton. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Shame if he is going as he has a lot of worth, just find it strange that, if he was sure he wasn't going to hang around that it's Hungary and now rather than looking for a signing on fee in the summer, one.of.those championship clubs that he was always going to 😅 (stand down just a little joke)

Good luck to him anyway, put in the effort over some strange difficult times when others went missing. Will be missed on and off the pitch.
  • What other player did we actually have and might've been able to hold it all together?
    Gilbey?

• the fact no other English club made him or the club an offer tells you how he is seen outside the Charlton fanbase …. 
  • Croydon said:
    Dobson and CBT both going in January is bad business. Doesn't matter how you try to dress it up
    Yes perhaps but CBT was never going to stay. He wanted out as was his right. George wanted to stay but not for the money we were prepared to offer. Again his right. The clubs right is to get a fee if at all possible which it appears they’ve done. 
  • Shame if he is going as he has a lot of worth, just find it strange that, if he was sure he wasn't going to hang around that it's Hungary and now rather than looking for a signing on fee in the summer, one.of.those championship clubs that he was always going to 😅 (stand down just a little joke)

Good luck to him anyway, put in the effort over some strange difficult times when others went missing. Will be missed on and off the pitch.
    Is it a joke though.

Why is his agent, him, his family, not confident that a high level league one/lower level championship team are not going to come in for him with a decent wage offer over what we did. 

Especially as they don’t have to pay a fee. 
  • edited February 10
    seth plum said:
    I am very pissed off with this if it's true.
    Like we, the majority of fans are blind or something?

Some fans do not want to believe what is looking them in the face, everything I have posted is fact
  • Talal said:
    Bit confused as to why he's picked Hungary though. He'd easily get another league one gig when he's a free agent and then wouldn't have to move his family so far. Just think it's a strange choice. 
    Worth noting that despite being out of contract in the summer it doesn’t appear that George has been inundated with offers from league one or Championship clubs. At least not better than what he’s getting in Hungary or perhaps even what been offered by Charlton. 
    Maybe none that we're willing to pay a fee but I'd be very surprised if there was no interest from league one if he was a free agent. 
  • IanC1960 said:
    IanC1960 said:
    Scott hasn't forced Dobson out NOW, that's nonsense. If Dobbo wants to go to Hungary now then that's his decision, but we're entitled to offer him a contract for NEXT season, and he's entitled to reject it. Then see if he can get something better in the summer.
    You have not got a clue
    Dobson could have rejected the Charlton contract offer, waited until the summer and signed a deal somewhere else then.

Nobody can force him to go to Hungary NOW.
    What, when he was forced to play and train in the  u23’s realy
    Bogarde did it for years. It's only a few months, he'd still be getting paid, then he could assess in the summer. He hasn't chosen to do that which is fair enough but it was an option. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:
    Talal said:
    Maybe none that were willing to pay a fee but I'd be very surprised if there was no interest from league one if he was a free agent. 
    Then why not wait until the summer when there might well have been offers. I can only conclude he fancies a little adventure in another country. Why not. Good luck to him.
  • IanC1960 said:
    seth plum said:

Some fans do not want to believe what is looking them in the face, everything I have posted is fact
    You’re George’s Dad and I claim my prize😉. Good luck to him anyways and all his hard work and dedication to the cause has been much appreciated. This is football folks these things happen, nothing we can do about it so time to move on.
  • Find this all very weird. Why not see out your contract and see what offers you get at the end of the season. Worst case scenario you sign for another League One club or move abroad then.
    Who says they were allowed to? 

Dobson was forced to train with the youngers so clearly he was being pushed out. 
  • pwr 150 posts.

Sad that he's gone but I don't understand why & where.

Hundreds of players are out of contract every June. Some are offered a new contract many aren't. Some re-sign and some seek  employment elsewhere. No problem with that & wouldn't have surprised me if that was what Dobbo did.

But he left now & to Hungary. Just doesn't make sense. Must be more to it, or as @LargeAddick said to us earlier.....maybe Dobbo's wife is Hungarian. That is the only thing that would make sense.
  • A flat? hahaha. Couldn't he have had the one Southall's missus decorated?
  • RedChaser said:
    IanC1960 said:
    seth plum said:

You’re George’s Dad and I claim my prize😉. Good luck to him anyways and all his hard work and dedication to the cause has been much appreciated. This is football folks these things happen, nothing we can do about it so time to move on.
    Realy