Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton TV

Comments

• Options
    ‘Beam-back’ via a Zoom call with my Hungarian friends then…
  • Options
    Does anybody here use a vpn, if so what one? 
  • Options
    Great that the buildups will now be viewable on YouTube. 
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Yeah I was wondering that. 
  • Options
    moved to Hove so would be interested in what people use? Also are they clever enough not to sell u an overseas pass if your membership is UK reg?
  • Options
    cs1986 said:
    Redhenry said:
    I know someone who apparently uses NORD VPN  B)
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Redhenry said:
    I use the opera browser, has a built in vpn which you check is on before you go to buy a pass. Works very well, had no issues and will continue to use it this season. Sometimes vpns get blocked by sites but I doubt cafc are too bothered if  UK based viewer is beating the system and paying for a pass. I only buy on a game by game basis rather than buying the full season  just in case something changes and vpns start getting blocked.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    moved to Hove so would be interested in what people use? Also are they clever enough not to sell u an overseas pass if your membership is UK reg?
    Don't think so. Membership to home address, working overseas. Will know for sure on Saturday.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    cs1986 said:
    Redhenry said:
    I know someone who apparently uses NORD VPN  B)
    Top man Andy. It for my old man who can't go very often anymore. 
  • Options
    red10 said:
    Redhenry said:
    I use the opera browser, has a built in vpn which you check is on before you go to buy a pass. Works very well, had no issues and will continue to use it this season. Sometimes vpns get blocked by sites but I doubt cafc are too bothered if  UK based viewer is beating the system and paying for a pass. I only buy on a game by game basis rather than buying the full season  just in case something changes and vpns start getting blocked.
    Where do you register you membership?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    I actually live overseas, but still use a VPN (Astrill) and paid with a UK card (thanks mum).

Never had a problem accessing streams. 
  • Options
    red10 said:
    Redhenry said:
    By membership, I assumed this was the new fan membership but in any case everything about me known by the club is UK based and I dont have any issues paying by card using a vpn which mostly has me signing in from Azerbaijan.......

• Options
    Express VPN is very good, £5 a month, dead easy to install just a download and then connection via a pop up whenever you want it on, where you also choose your ISP location.

• Options
    And to answer my own question for anyone else "wondering":

Bizarre that you can watch CharltonTV in San Marino and Vatican City, but not Italy!

Surely both would come under Italian broadcasting rights anyway
  • Options
    Anyone use Norton VPN? I have it but not used it to access streams
  • Options

Bizarre that you can watch CharltonTV in San Marino and Vatican City, but not Italy!

Surely both would come under Italian broadcasting rights anyway
    Vatican City is it’s own country isnt it?
  • Options
    Might need some help with the VPN thing. Want to watch the game tomorrow and unable to get up to Oxford.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    red10 said:
    red10 said:
    Redhenry said:
    By membership, I assumed this was the new fan membership but in any case everything about me known by the club is UK based and I dont have any issues paying by card using a vpn which mostly has me signing in from Azerbaijan.......

I think I'll give it a go then. Do you need to pay for a membership? I will pay match by match, in case the situation changes

Which membership?
  • Options
    Might need some help with the VPN thing. Want to watch the game tomorrow and unable to get up to Oxford.
    Yeah same. What do you do? I want to watch on PS4
  • Options
    any tech whizz want to help us less savvy please shout :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So my question is this. If I am holidaying in Greece, Portugal or Spain, I cannot watch on Charlton TV. But I can on ifollow?

Have no idea about the vpn thing. 
  • Options
    So my question is this. If I am holidaying in Greece, Portugal or Spain, I cannot watch on Charlton TV. But I can on ifollow?

Yes you can watch CharltonTV in those countries, as long as the game isn’t on Sky back home.
  • Options
    If you’re a first time user, I’d suggest the VPNs you want to look into are…

Express VPN
    Nord VPN
    Surfshark

All you have to do is install the software on your computer/tablet, make sure it’s running and connected to the location you have selected (it’ll be obvious if you are or aren’t) and then surf the internet as you would normally. There are no more fancy tricks that you need to perform.
  • Options
    It's a shame that they can't stream away games - especially if some grounds are limiting tickets sold.  It would be a good idea if streaming was allowed once 80% of away tickets had been sold - both clubs would benefit.
  • Options
    I use IPVanish.

Here's a list of the Top VPN's and the pro's and con's associated with each:

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/best-vpns-for-connecting-multiple-devices-at-the-same-time/
  • Options

Express VPN
    Nord VPN
    Surfshark

All you have to do is install the software on your computer/tablet, make sure it’s running and connected to the location you have selected (it’ll be obvious if you are or aren’t) and then surf the internet as you would normally. There are no more fancy tricks that you need to perform.
    I've got Nord VPN and know how vpns work, but what membership do I need to get?
  • Options

Yes you can watch CharltonTV in those countries, as long as the game isn’t on Sky back home.
    Thanks @c@Callumcafc, but these countries aren't on the list of international countries for Charlton TV ? 
  • Options
    edited August 2021

@bolloxbolder is this the list you are referring to? This is a list of countries that don’t have EFL broadcast deals so will have every single Charlton game, whether it’s on Sky or not.

Every country outside of the U.K. & Ireland will show Saturday 3pm kick offs this season. If it gets moved for tele, your France/Spain/Greece won’t be able to access.
  • Options

Express VPN
    Nord VPN
    Surfshark

I've got Nord VPN and know how vpns work, but what membership do I need to get?

No membership required, pay by the game. I signed up to the new fans membership for £35 that has just recently launched, the one with the free socks offer. Hence saying earlier that the club know where I live and I can still watch the games using opera.