Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton TV

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2021
    If you’re a first time user, I’d suggest the VPNs you want to look into are…

Express VPN
    Nord VPN
    Surfshark

All you have to do is install the software on your computer/tablet, make sure it’s running and connected to the location you have selected (it’ll be obvious if you are or aren’t) and then surf the internet as you would normally. There are no more fancy tricks that you need to perform.
    I've got Nord VPN and know how vpns work, but what membership do I need to get?
    You don’t need a membership. As long as you are signed up to Charlton TV, and your VPN is  switched on (and you are connected to a correct location - I connected to the US) you can purchase the Oxford game. 
  • Options
    Thanks @Callumcafc, I get it now, but it is not very well worded imo.

• Options
    Yeah I can see how it could be easily confused if you weren’t watching the streams pre-lockdown. I liked this table from the CharltonTV Twitter account…

• Options
    Yea just need to do two things:
    1-find a vpn provider (I use expressvpn) and subscribe, once registered, switch it on
    2-purchase the match on Charlton TV.

👍
  • Options
    I use Avast security software that gives me an an option to turn on VPN.  Will this be the same as any other VPN service?

• Options
    I use Avast security software that gives me an an option to turn on VPN.  Will this be the same as any other VPN service?

Your best bet is to switch it on, go to Charlton TV and see if you have the option to buy the game tomorrow. If it’s showing as possible then you know you are in business.
  • Options
    You don't need a VPN for Charlton TV.

Pay for the stream using Opera with the (free) VPN turned on. Then log into valley pass as usual from whatever browser you usually use and it'll let you watch.
  • Options
    I've heard that if you open Nord VPN, click on Finland and then buy the Oxford game it allows you to.......apparently.
  • Options
    I've heard that if you open Nord VPN, click on Finland and then buy the Oxford game it allows you to.......apparently.
    Even on a chrome browser?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Your best bet is to switch it on, go to Charlton TV and see if you have the option to buy the game tomorrow. If it’s showing as possible then you know you are in business.
    Took my money so here goes  B)
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Even on a chrome browser?

Yes
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Has anybody ever figured out a way to watch match on delay?

I.e. I can't watch match live on Saturday, but would like to watch it from 5.30 onwards, when I'm free. From memory, pausing it and later unpausing does not work. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Had anybody ever figured out a way to watch match on delay?

I.e. I can't watch match live on Saturday, but would like to watch it from 5.30 onwards, when I'm free. From memory, pausing it and later unpacking does not work. 
    Maybe if you contact both clubs they could arrange the kick off at a more convenient time for you.
    This is a good idea. I’m at bit of a loose end at the moment, I might see if the game can be played in half an hour so I don’t have to disrupt my day at 3pm. 
  • Options
    Nice chat on there atm with Nelson and Scotty, don’t think they know they’re broadcasting 😆
  • Options
    Scotty losing his shit over the water on the desk!
  • Options
    Thank god they didn't slag off Mr Positive:
  • Options
    …And  the start time 😆
  • Options
    Has the price gone up? I don't remember paying 200 pounds last year.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank god they didn't slag off Mr Positive:
    Imagine!
    it was a proper candid moment.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Has the price gone up? I don't remember paying 200 pounds last year.
    Think it started at something like £130 for the season with individual games at £7 - think the EFL finally got wise after a while to the fact that they cant stop people using VPN's, so after a few weeks increased the yearly price to £195 and matchday to £10.
  • Options
    The pre show is starting now and on youtube
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I bought the game that said Live Video Pass - MK Dons v Charlton, couldn't see a oxford option, still no screen says requires subcription, any idea?
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    I bought the game that said Live Video Pass - MK Dons v Charlton, couldn't see a oxford option, still no screen says requires subcription, any idea?
    Is your vpn on snd set to a different country?
  • Options
    I did have a chuckle just now. Bought the stream ( from abroad 🤭 ) and had the usual email saying payment had been taken but there was an additional message saying " due to exceptional demand there will be a delay until the stream shows as available to watch " I bet the EFL are well impressed by the numbers of foreign viewers lol
  • Options
    Yeah Opera browser with built in VPN worked perfectly. Just wish I could stream via PS4 but oh well.
  • Options
    hmm.

when it asks for your card details, it says it's a one-off payment of 6.50, then once it's taken your payment, it says it's recurring. 

there is a 'cancel' button, but this seems a bit sneaky...
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Commentary is half a second ahead of the play for me, being told of free kicks before they happen
  • Options
    Yep same for me