Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton TV

Comments

• Options
    Was very good in his presenting role for Spanish football on sky. Dont know for sure but felt it was cos he was a white male is why they didn't keep him on. Others would know the truth so I could be talking bullshit.  
  • Options
    Was very good in his presenting role for Spanish football on sky. Dont know for sure but felt it was cos he was a white male is why they didn't keep him on. Others would know the truth so I could be talking bullshit.  
    That is the truth
  • Options
    All the very best to him, hope he can give Charlton a wee mention from time to time.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    That is the truth
    Thought that was the case. Only had to watch the itv "highlights" of the football league at the weekend to see they have done the same. 
  • Options
    I wonder if this means the beginning of the end of CATV? I'll be very disappointed if so. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Pleased for Scott. He is so good presenting,  we have been lucky to have him for so long - you never know, he may squeeze us in! A CAFC "young" legend in my eyes.
  • Options
    Eh? Can't he do both?
  • Options
    I'm guessing that's the beginning of a scaling down of the current Charlton TV format
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Eh? Can't he do both?

That's what I would anticipate... Scott missed a few weekends here and there last season as he was off working for Talksport.

Perhaps he'll be doing more of that now and we might see him less but I doubt this is the end of his relationship with Charlton TV...
  • Options
    Depends on what timeslots he's on for Talksport I guess
  • Options
    We have at least three Charltonians at talk sport that I am aware of.
  • Options
    Presenter Max Whittle will step in for Scott Minto to host proceedings and he will be joined by Alan Curbishley and Steve Brown in the CharltonTV studio, with the trio going live on air from 2.30pm BST - half an hour before kick-off.
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/watch-peterborough-united-v-charlton-live-overseas
  • Options
    This is not good enough, last season we had a 60 minute prog before the match and we are being charged the same subscription this year without any prior information before we paid.
    Is this the start of the new regime's cutting back?
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    sure it was 2pm as we always had our bacon butties ready for 2pm
    Even if it was 2.15 it is still a cut back
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Perfect, something else that's pretty insignificant, for people to winge about.
    It is not insignificant to me, nor is it a winge but a negative comment, are we all meant to just lie down and let the new management do what they want - sorry not for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2023
  • Options
    Brown sauce or ketchup? 
  • Options
    Always been 2:15. 
  • Options
    2.15 - wow my memory is even worse than I thought!
    Sauce? - none as the bacon is home cured and does not need any sauce
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Perfect, something else that's pretty insignificant, for people to winge about.
    It is not insignificant to me, nor is it a winge but a negative comment, are we all meant to just lie down and let the new management do what they want - sorry not for me.
    You based in Lancashire I presume ? If so that's technically fraud, so I'd just make the most of the 2 1/2 hours of viewing you still can access on your VPN. 
  • Options
    Do not presume Shine, I am no where near Lancashire anymore.
    Where ever I may be the club are still reducing the product without reducing the cost which I hope is not indicative of the new management but fear it is.
  • Options
    2.15 - wow my memory is even worse than I thought!
    Sauce? - none as the bacon is home cured and does not need any sauce
    You'd be better to make the most of it this season. It seems the broadcasting contract from then on rules out clubs showing matches.
  • Options
    Do not presume Shine, I am no where near Lancashire anymore.
    Where ever I may be the club are still reducing the product without reducing the cost which I hope is not indicative of the new management but fear it is.
    But they haven’t increased the price either which surprised me as everything else seems to be going up.
     I’m just glad it’s staying as it’s vital for me (even though I only listen).
  • Options
    OK - you are all correct so I'll stop winging and enjoy listening to Terry each week