Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton TV

123457»

Comments

• Options
    Do not presume Shine, I am no where near Lancashire anymore.
    Where ever I may be the club are still reducing the product without reducing the cost which I hope is not indicative of the new management but fear it is.
    Tbh I'm pretty sure this will be the last season of it, which is a shame, but enjoy it while we have it. 
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    The new broadcasting deal with Sky will do away with the midweek games etc. being available worldwide but clubs will still be permitted to stream their matches outside of the U.K. and Ireland.

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/may/efl-announces-landmark-broadcasting-deal-with-sky-sports/#

Domestic Streaming

From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL’s domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services. Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.  

• Options
    I don’t use it so I know my voice is less relevant but given the new rules for next season it makes sense to start cutting it back now. I know that’s harsh on international fans but it can’t bring in much money and my guess is most international fans would still watch a much more scaled back version 
  • Options
    I would love to know the viewing figures for Charlton TV
  • Options
    I bet there are hundreds who watch on illegal stream. 
  • Options
    I think most people are happy to pay the £10, where they are abroad or using a VPN. Indeed for most matches, surely there won't be an illegal stream anyway, seeing that they won't be on "normal" TV anywhere in the world.

And £10 is the standard price really, whether it's basic single camera game only, or a much more comprehensive programme.
  • Options
    I think most people are happy to pay the £10, where they are abroad or using a VPN. Indeed for most matches, surely there won't be an illegal stream anyway, seeing that they won't be on "normal" TV anywhere in the world.

And £10 is the standard price really, whether it's basic single camera game only, or a much more comprehensive programme.
    I agree. I don't mind paying for the games i can't get to but i can assure you it's easy to stream the games in the UK for nothing if you have an IPTV set up.  
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    In the Uk or Abroad? 
  • Options

There definitely is an illegal stream as it comes up in the #cafc hashtag on twitter every match. The £10 fee is EFL mandated I think.  It does make me laugh to think someone out there is paying the fee to upload it online as it can’t be worth the effort surely 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My streaming app on the firestick picks up the EFL/Charlton tv stream
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Do not presume Shine, I am no where near Lancashire anymore.
    Where ever I may be the club are still reducing the product without reducing the cost which I hope is not indicative of the new management but fear it is.
    The part they have reduced was free and available on you tube so fail to see how this is related to cost
    PRE SHOW LIVE | PETERBOROUGH UNITED V CHARLTON (12/08/23) - YouTube
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    AndyG said:
    In the Uk or Abroad? 
    Well obviously the strict answer is abroad but overall total would be interesting. I have a season pass as I spend a lot of time abroad but also admit to watching it when in the UK when I can’t get to games. Imo they should just open it up but charge more as I don’t think it would effect gates as much as some people think
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    shirty5 said:
    AndyG said:
    In the Uk or Abroad? 
    Well obviously the strict answer is abroad but overall total would be interesting. I have a season pass as I spend a lot of time abroad but also admit to watching it when in the UK when I can’t get to games. Imo they should just open it up but charge more as I don’t think it would effect gates as much as some people think
    If they increase the price [which is controlled by the EFL], more people would convert to the IPTV option, which is a much cheaper/free option.
  • Options
    I think being a subscriber is worth while if you want to follow things closely.
    There are clearly things that could be better of course.
    My main comment is that the club isn’t doing fans a favour because we’re paying for the service, and the club ought to be glad about that.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    shirty5 said:
    AndyG said:
    In the Uk or Abroad? 
    100% this, I watch streams because I can't afford to be there all the time due to both childcare and financial reasons. 

I still go when I can, but it's not as often as i'd like. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    AndyG said:
    shirty5 said:
    AndyG said:
    In the Uk or Abroad? 
    If they increase the price [which is controlled by the EFL], more people would convert to the IPTV option, which is a much cheaper/free option.
    I suppose you are always going to have that problem but I can only speak for myself ( and I suspect a lot of others ) that I would feel like I’m cheating my club if I watched via an illegal stream. I’m happy to pay for the official stream and imo £10 is far too cheap for the current quality.

my original point was it would be good to have viewing figures wherever they are from in order to work out the income or lack of it