Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton TV

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Saturday games can't be purchased from the UK.
    I’ve got my VPN on though. Never had any problems before.
    You might need to delete your internet cookies or restart your device.

I've just switched on my VPN from the United States and can definitely purchase the game... Have had similar issues myself before now where it can be troublesome letting me purchase so have had to piss about a bit.
  • Options
    Saturday games can't be purchased from the UK.
    I’ve got my VPN on though. Never had any problems before.
    You might need to delete your internet cookies or restart your device.

I've just switched on my VPN from the United States and can definitely purchase the game... Have had similar issues myself before now where it can be troublesome letting me purchase so have had to piss about a bit.
    Perfect. Tried this and it’s worked. Cheers mate.
  • Options
    I'm watching from France today as I did last game which obviously was a win, previously watched from USA, Denmark, Finland and we put in a shite performance so hoping to get a win again 😉😉
  • Options
    TEL said:
    …And  the start time 😆
    Scotty has a personality transplant about 30 seconds before kick off. Seemed very dour when they didn't realise it was on broadcast an hour before the game. 
    Showing more candid stuff today 😆
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    I'm watching from France today as I did last game which obviously was a win, previously watched from USA, Denmark, Finland and we put in a shite performance so hoping to get a win again 😉😉
    France is great, sun is shinning, birds are singing, and we are gonna win....Hopefully B)
  • Options
    Can Minto stop making it sound like we competed?
  • Options
    For many highlights you have to be a subscriber.
    Sort of fair enough, particularly if you get the highlights below first team level. Part of the attraction of subscribing would be seeing some of the developing youngsters, especially as the first team is so depressing.
    So this season subscribers have had just three lots of highlights from the U18's and U23's combined.
    Three out of sixteen.
    Very disappointing indeed.
  • Options
    Beginning to think Charlton TV was just another vehicle for Thomas to show off with ingratiate himself with some of the past Charlton legends. Charlton TV should be so much more than this.
  • Options
    Beginning to think Charlton TV was just another vehicle for Thomas to show off with ingratiate himself with some of the past Charlton legends. Charlton TV should be so much more than this.
    How though can it be more than what it is?

It cant show Live games on a Saturday anymore, if anything might as well get rid of the Saturday segment ahead of games as its not like the majority should be able to watch the game anyway
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It cant show Live games on a Saturday anymore, if anything might as well get rid of the Saturday segment ahead of games as its not like the majority should be able to watch the game anyway
    U18, U23 Live for a start all games. More stuff in the community, more fan involvement instead of just the old boys banging on about the great days. As if we need the same stories from Curbs on repeat. Seriously.
  • Options
    edited October 2021

U18, U23 Live for a start all games. More stuff in the community, more fan involvement instead of just the old boys banging on about the great days. As if we need the same stories from Curbs on repeat. Seriously.
    Am sure if more U18 | U23 games were held at the Valley then they would be televised as we've seen before, especially with the cameras already in place etc... I imagine the infrastucture isnt in place for games to be shown at Sparrows Lane, although might be something that they look into if they apply for Cat.1 status, as you've got the likes of Man City who have a whole complex up there, easily done when money is no issue.

Certainly agree though, be good to hear whats going on in the Community a bit more. Although arent the club attempting something like that now, as they're doing Interviews with the various Supporter groups around the world at present.

End of the day though, we're a third tier Football League team, with a service thats unrivaled by the majority of clubs in England, off the top of my head can only think of Liverpool | Man Utd | Chelsea who have their own channels and do anything remotely similar, of course the Premier League teams are restricted by SKY.
  • Options
    I think whole games would be brilliant. I am simply suggesting highlights.

• Options
    seth plum said:
    Sort of fair enough, particularly if you get the highlights below first team level. Part of the attraction of subscribing would be seeing some of the developing youngsters, especially as the first team is so depressing.
    So this season subscribers have had just three lots of highlights from the U18's and U23's combined.
    Three out of sixteen.
    A bit of background on this: We always strive to get all of the U18s and U23s highlights onto CharltonTV. All of the video content for both the U18s and U23s comes from the footage which the analyst captures for their needs. They send us the footage, we use it to write our reports if we need to and then upload it to the content management system for CharltonTV. 
    This season, we've had a range of issues with the footage. Some of it has had all of its sound missing, some of files have been completely corrupt altogether and won't upload, some of them have arrived in completely random order (goals and chances not in chronological order in which they happened) and when we've tried to run them through editing programmes to fix it, we find the file type is not compatible or, again, it corrupts. 
    We've been working to fix this and think we're pretty close to solving it so we should be back in action very soon for more regularly uploaded highlights and I'd like to apologise for the disruption so far on that front. 
    For streaming, we're trying to make it possible to make U23 home games available live when they are either at The Valley or Princes Park. We were hoping to kick this off with the Millwall game on Friday, but this has now been moved to Sparrows Lane which will now make that difficult. 
    So, we are trying to constantly improve the service for subscribers and I'm hopeful that in the coming weeks, that will start to become evident. 
    Good to know thanks 
    what has caused such a big issue with all the footage?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Three out of sixteen.
    A bit of background on this: We always strive to get all of the U18s and U23s highlights onto CharltonTV. All of the video content for both the U18s and U23s comes from the footage which the analyst captures for their needs. They send us the footage, we use it to write our reports if we need to and then upload it to the content management system for CharltonTV. 
    This season, we've had a range of issues with the footage. Some of it has had all of its sound missing, some of files have been completely corrupt altogether and won't upload, some of them have arrived in completely random order (goals and chances not in chronological order in which they happened) and when we've tried to run them through editing programmes to fix it, we find the file type is not compatible or, again, it corrupts. 
    We've been working to fix this and think we're pretty close to solving it so we should be back in action very soon for more regularly uploaded highlights and I'd like to apologise for the disruption so far on that front. 
    For streaming, we're trying to make it possible to make U23 home games available live when they are either at The Valley or Princes Park. We were hoping to kick this off with the Millwall game on Friday, but this has now been moved to Sparrows Lane which will now make that difficult. 
    So, we are trying to constantly improve the service for subscribers and I'm hopeful that in the coming weeks, that will start to become evident. 
    How about season ticket holders being allowed into Sparrows Lane on Friday for the Millwall game?
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:
    Three out of sixteen.
    How about season ticket holders being allowed into Sparrows Lane on Friday for the Millwall game?
    As has been previously explained, COVID protocols at the training ground prevent this for the time being. 
  • Options
    Are there any plans to expand the team that provide this sort of coverage?

I know you've said in the past that its difficult to cover the likes of the Wigan U23 game at the moment because the current team dont have the time to get up there for evening games and get the day to day work done too
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Three out of sixteen.
    Good to know thanks 
    He’s just told you.🧐
  • Options
    Thanks for that info Ollywozere. Much appreciated. Look forward to this updated content.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    The official site doesn't mention the Millwall game venue as far as I can see.
    What is the rationale for moving it away from Dartford?
    I think it is a poor situation compared to what it has been.
    Any minute now I expect the usual suspects to diss me for mentioning it naturally, but I think the TV 'service' and what seems like a generally dismissive attitude to fans of the development system is very disappointing.
  • Options
    We will have a flimsy team out tomorrow afternoon, but the 2pm KO away at Cardiff is scheduled to be on Cardiff City TV, live and free, as it usually always is away at Cardiff.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    We will have a flimsy team out tomorrow afternoon, but the 2pm KO away at Cardiff is scheduled to be on Cardiff City TV, live and free, as it usually always is away at Cardiff.
    Genuine question have you contacted the club directly about this to learn their formal response or just on here ?

I’m assuming the live feed you seek isn’t an advertised benefit of your subscription just something they hopefully can provide in due course. But if it is an appropriate response would seemingly be a reasonable expectation. 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Genuine question have you contacted the club directly about this to learn their formal response or just on here ?

I’m assuming the live feed you seek isn’t an advertised benefit of your subscription just something they hopefully can provide in due course. But if it is an appropriate response would seemingly be a reasonable expectation. 
    I haven't been going on about a live feed, but highlights.
    I have said any live feed would be a bonus.
    I haven't contacted the club about this directly, but I have mentioned it on here.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    seth plum said:

I haven't been going on about a live feed, but highlights.
    I have said any live feed would be a bonus.
    I haven't contacted the club about this directly, but I have mentioned it on here.
    Thank you. Might be appropriate to more formally raise it so the feedback is considered and les able to be overlooked ?

I didn’t suggest you were ‘going on’ either by the way. 

I’m just in the school of thought that things don’t get fixed if it’s not known to be broken. And, now we do seem to have some forums for this type of thing it’s as well to register the point(s). 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Three out of sixteen.
    Good to know thanks 
    He’s just told you.🧐
    Not really, it was an extensive list of what went wrong with footage, but not what caused all those problems, I’m curious because it’s so many problems that have been encountered.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    The last highlights upload for U18 and U23 games was for a match played on September 8th.
    Just shy of seven weeks ago.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    One thing about the app experience. I’d love to be able to use it in “picture in picture mode” but the picture freezes up / goes choppy as soon as I do so.

Not sure if I’m the only one that experiences this…
  • Options
    One thing about the app experience. I’d love to be able to use it in “picture in picture mode” but the picture freezes up / goes choppy as soon as I do so.

Not sure if I’m the only one that experiences this…
    You also can't listen in with the phone locked.