Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton TV

Comments

• Options
    Commentary is half a second ahead of the play for me, being told of free kicks before they happen
    Quite annoying 
  • Options
    Same here
  • Options
    Same stream quality pretty poor here, keeps hanging 
  • Options
    If you're on chrome use the audio delay extension to sort the sound. 
  • Options
    This is bullshit - no idea how to fix the sound
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Can’t find that extension is that the exact wording? 
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    mascot88 said:
    Agreed £10 to watch this shit. Cameraman terrible too
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    Talal said:
    seems to have been removed, used it a lot with crappy iFollow, don’t have it on my new laptop.
  • Options
    Watching in silence now - triffic 
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    Talal said:
    seems to have been removed, used it a lot with crappy iFollow, don’t have it on my new laptop.
    Ah didn't realise that, still got it on mine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You'd think a company in the business of broadcasting live TV could get the basics right (ifollow)
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    I put the commentary on my iPhone and watched on the TV. Tinkered with pause and got it spot on.
  • Options
    I know it’s only a tenner, but it was pretty shit yesterday. The pre game stuff (as always was good). I ended up putting it on mute during the game though.  Steve brown 20 seconds behind the play was enough for me. I don’t think I’ll bother with the MK Dons game. 
  • Options
    My mates got an Amazon fire stick and managed to watch yesterday’s game and I’ve no idea how

I’m totally shit at this type of thing…and yes I’ve got a fire stick at home but couldn’t understand what he was trying to tell me 
  • Options
    If the club encourage viewers then there are a few quite simple (to me at least) things they could do to improve the experience for the viewer.
    I say this from my B&B in a European country from where I watched the pre match and the game.
    First off my usual moan about whether or not the commentary alone would portray the events to somebody unable to watch. Well Terry Smith and Steve Brown are no doubt fine people, but I wonder if they realise that lengthy talk during the action...about stuff not of the moment...is frustrating for the listener who is to all intents and purposes blind to the things they can see?
    I was listening and watching at the same time and there were loads of occasions where events were happening whilst discussion was going on about our shape, or relative formations, or if the Oxford player at right back was unused to that position, and other things.
    Indeed as a watcher I could see the Watson substitution before it got mentioned to the listener to the surprise of Steve Brown. Anyway I think there could be improvement in that area of letting people know what is going on.
    I accept the camera operators away are what they are, and we have to put up with it. The Oxford operator was continually messing about with the light filters on the camera to no good end it seemed to me, but generally the camera covered the action.
    The issue of the commentary happening just before we see anything is a more serious one. It is irritating and frequent. Is there not a way at source to marry the two things up so they are simultaneous?
    Which brings me to my curiosity about whether everything is tested before broadcast? The mics in the revamped studio were very uneven. We could hear Scott Minto fine, but for Carlo and Nelse it was uneven, maybe it hadn't been balanced before they went on air, or maybe there was an engineer frantically trying to keep their volume sliders in tune with each voice as it happened.
    Now I know those involved will simply say that's Seth moaning for the sake of it so I will try to make suggestions.

Start preparations for the event a bit earlier.
    Test all the equipment and lines fully before broadcast.
    Marry up the sound and picture.
    Try to have one person who is experiencing it as a fan, who can instantly contact a significant person during broadcast to raise issues.
    Try to remind the commentators that many fans are only listening, and not to diverge when things are happening in play but to describe the play.

I know things will never be perfect, but they could be better.

• Options
    My mates got an Amazon fire stick and managed to watch yesterday’s game and I’ve no idea how

I’m totally shit at this type of thing…and yes I’ve got a fire stick at home but couldn’t understand what he was trying to tell me 
    You need to switch the stick so it can download development apps, then download the downloaded file, then you can you Ola tv to watch games, you can find how you load the apps onto the fire stick on YouTube. Ola tv is free or you could go down the Iptv route.
  • Options

You need to switch the stick so it can download development apps, then download the downloaded file, then you can you Ola tv to watch games, you can find how you load the apps onto the fire stick on YouTube. Ola tv is free or you could go down the Iptv route.
    Cheers fella…..however I just read that and all I heard was white noise 🤣
    If you go down the Iptv route, @Big_Bad_World is your man, he will help in setting it up.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Does anybody here use a vpn, if so what one? 
    Express VPN. Managed to watch the Sky game on Charlton tv minus any commentary. 
  • Options
    …And  the start time 😆
    Scotty has a personality transplant about 30 seconds before kick off. Seemed very dour when they didn't realise it was on broadcast an hour before the game. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    Does anybody here use a vpn, if so what one? "
    We use Avast free AV but the VPN is paid for, you can choose your country from at least 30 options. Netherland worked well.
  • Options
    AS I cannot get to many games I find the Charlton TV package really good. Scott Minto and guests make it a very professional and entertaining production. One niggle which seems to be getting worse is the choice of camera and timing of replays means we are missing parts of the game because the live camera is either on Nigel Adkins or we are getting four different angles of a replay while the game is active.  As I said just a niggle and designed to make the production even better.
  • Options
    There was a huge improvement in the audibility of the sound system in the ground yesterday. Well done to whoever is responsible for that. The RRR was really great before and after.
  • Options
    Does anyone know why the games are only streamed live and not repeated post match?.
  • Options
    I can’t see the Lincoln game as an option for purchase. Anyone else having the same problem or only me?
  • Options
    Saturday games can't be purchased from the UK.
  • Options
    Saturday games can't be purchased from the UK.
    I’ve got my VPN on though. Never had any problems before.