Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Denmark - Wembley Stadium - Wednesday 7th July 8pm KO - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    I wonder how much our players experience in major European club football this season will help tomorrow. Looking at Denmark’s side I can’t see anyone that’s gone through that. 

Tbh I’m looking at every positive at the moment I’m so nervous 😂
    Denmark are full of players with European top flight experience 
    Not later stages of "European" competition though 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I wonder how much our players experience in major European club football this season will help tomorrow. Looking at Denmark’s side I can’t see anyone that’s gone through that. 

I meant Champions League and Europa League semi finals/finals this season. I should of been clearer.
  • Options
    1-1FT England in ET 3-1

Put your house on it. 
  • Options

Not later stages of "European" competition though 
  • Options

I meant Champions League and Europa League semi finals/finals this season. I should of been clearer.
    Fair enough 
  • Options
    First goal is the key in this one. If we get it I think we will get at least 1 more. If we go behind we will really see what the boys are made of. Nervous but confident
  • Options
    Whoever scores first will win. No idea how it is going to go. 
  • Options
    Like the Ukraine game imo if we play anywhere near our potential we win tomorrow night whereas I think Denmark will need to play at their highest level and us have a bad night for them to win. Again I dont think this group will let the occasion get to them and I think a 3-1 victory 
  • Options
    I'm feeling very undecided on this one. I'll take a win however it occurs. 
  • Options
    Noticed we have the same Referee as the one from our game against Germany.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Why is this an Announcement but isn’t pinned at the top?
  • Options
    Hope Thomas still likes football after the game.
  • Options
    Watched the Venables doc yesterday with the climax being the Germany semi final in 1996. 
    Makes you realise how rare these moments are. Wembley will be bouncing, I hope we don’t blow it. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    An England semi final at Wembley is gonna be played back on screens for years to come. Will there be a Gascogne sliding in and missing by an inch moment? Will there be a repeat of Waddle and Pearces heartache. Gazza’s tears? 

It’s moments like this that define a sporting generation.

after three failures in my lifetime - I just want to experience England in a final. The nation will grind to a halt. And if we won.... car horns blaring, people out on the streets. I can’t even imagine 
  • Options
    Wrighty sounds like he is bricking it on ITV now talking about it. Guy looks ill with nerves 
  • Options
    I won’t sleep tonight.
    I will be a rambling wreck all day tomorrow.

C’mon England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 
  • Options
    Just downloaded my ticket. Frankly I’m so excited - fuck this I’m heading down Wembley now blasting World in Motion and Three Lions at full volume holding my Italia 90 sticker album cos I ain’t sleeping from here on in
    How did you get a ticket Damo?
  • Options
    Comfortable 2-0 win for England.

Back to Wembley for a second night in a row! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just downloaded my ticket. Frankly I’m so excited - fuck this I’m heading down Wembley now blasting World in Motion and Three Lions at full volume holding my Italia 90 sticker album cos I ain’t sleeping from here on in
    How did you get a ticket Damo?
    From a friend who got one through work. Paid £295 which tbh was a bloody bargain IMO!
  • Options
    like the Scots the Vikings will be right on it and we'll have to use craft and guile as well as bottle to get round them. Unchanged from the Ukraine selection. I hope Southgate doesn't revert to his defensive formation.
    Difficult, bruising and combative game but we are the better side and will win this by couple
  • Options
    Woke up very early this morning and haven't been able to get back to sleep. Gonna be a long wait today.
  • Options
    Bricking it. Usually ask for an early goal to settle the nerves, but still have nightmares of Croatia and Trippier free kick. 
  • Options
    Silly time in the morning and yet I'm as nervous as hell!! It's going to be a long day
  • Options
    Woke up very early this morning and haven't been able to get back to sleep. Gonna be a long wait today.
    It makes you think how difficult it must be for some players. Have to be mentally strong to not become a bag of nerves before a semi final, especially when all you keep hearing is 1966 in the background.
    Hopefully this team are different, I believe they are.
    Having butterflies in my stomach from 6am is not good though 😀
  • Options
    limeygent said:
    Hope Thomas still likes football after the game.
    I’m genuinely concerned that he’ll watch the game in The Oak, celebrate a Denmark goal & then encounter a dickhead England fan - I’d like to think it won’t happen & that enough Charlton will be around to sort it - one of us wouldn’t turn on him surely…..

Hopefully, I’m wrong on this! 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Will just copy my post from the Ukraine pre match thread because it still applies.

Easy win tonight. We won’t concede until we play Italy in the final. If Spain manage to knock the Italians out then the final will be a doddle too. 

Very bold Leeds.
    If Spain had reached the final and Played England they would've had 75% possession so not sure how that's a doddle ? 80% if Denmark were the opposition. 

The only focus is Denmark and England will win as long as we work the Danes for 90 minutes or as long as it takes. The fast Tempo from the off, was the biggest surprise last night and England need to get out the traps quick and the Danes have had to expand so much energy physically and mentally that this match is England's to lose. Unfortunately we have a history of snatching defeat from the Jaws of victory by being timid. Don't see that happening this time.

• Options
    Have managed to get tickets!!!, What to wear? Retro England Shirt (66 World Cup 6 on the back, Bobby Moore) or my Play off tee, (Every time worn won) ....England 1-0 my prediction.
    Playoff tee please