Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Denmark - Wembley Stadium - Wednesday 7th July 8pm KO - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    If we play well we will win. Its all there for us to take today. 

Which we will 2-0.
  • Options
    I'm surprised we dont have an actual leaked team yet
    Got leaked by the Athletic this morning. 
    Is that the one Lawrie mentions?

I wasnt sure seeing he said projected team rather than leaked
    This is from Stan Collymore and he has been right so far. 
  • Options
    Just finished work, absolutely knackered after Spain Italy finishing at almost 6am, hopefully can get a few hours kip before heading out.

With any luck come 5am I’ll be booking flights for the final! 
  • Options

• Options
    Thankfully leaking the teams hasn't done us much harm so far, but i don't get who's doing it or why?

The camp seem really close knit, so i don't know why one of them would run to a journo to tell them. Equally i don't get why a journo wants to give our opponents a heads up.
    I think someone said on here, its probably a player telling their Agent who tells the press
  • Options
    Thankfully leaking the teams hasn't done us much harm so far, but i don't get who's doing it or why?

The camp seem really close knit, so i don't know why one of them would run to a journo to tell them. Equally i don't get why a journo wants to give our opponents a heads up.
    I think someone said on here, its probably a player telling their Agent who tells the press
    I wouldn't be happy with it if I was Southgate or I would use it to give a false picture in the final. If we make the final!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Off to Guys with MsAA who's having a Basal cell carcinoma removed.  I won't be thinking about the football until just before kick-off and not even then if there were any complications.  So, here's hoping for the best on both fronts.
    Thanks for all the “best of luck” likes but it turned out to be a bit of an anticlimax. This was just a “let’s have a look at you” appointment, although nothing was said about this. Now, having got herself psyched up for having her face cut, MsAA has got to go through all that again for next Monday. 

The silver lining is, we can now give all our attention to the game. 
  • Options
    I have tried to avoid all the hype and build up today. I wouldn't normally. Maybe it is a protection mechanism.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    limeygent said:
    Hope Thomas still likes football after the game.
    I’m genuinely concerned that he’ll watch the game in The Oak, celebrate a Denmark goal & then encounter a dickhead England fan - I’d like to think it won’t happen & that enough Charlton will be around to sort it - one of us wouldn’t turn on him surely…..

Hopefully, I’m wrong on this! 
    Mate no offense but what a bonkers thought process. How you've whipped up that scenario in your mind is beyond me, I imagine he'll be at the game for a start 😂
  • Options
    Massive England fan, genuinely enjoy England doing well more than Charlton but I feel absolutely nothing today, similar to how I felt heading to the Valley for Doncaster and Wembley for Sunderland. Fully believe we are the better team again and planning to just enjoy the game. 

Got the champers at the ready 
  • Options
    Massive England fan, genuinely enjoy England doing well more than Charlton but I feel absolutely nothing today, similar to how I felt heading to the Valley for Doncaster and Wembley for Sunderland. Fully believe we are the better team again and planning to just enjoy the game. 

Got the champers at the ready 
    I think it is an in built way some have of managing the nerves. 
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re4aDJL3heA

The semi final soundtrack in my eyes. Come On England.
    This got me pumped, i'm a basket of nerves now
  • Options
    That's how the Dansk will get done tonight, fried or baked or steamed and sliced 

https://youtu.be/n2aPHjwzuV0
  • Options

Maybe we have got too pumped up in the past. A calm confidence is probably the German way, but why not make it our way? 
  • Options
    I have tried to avoid all the hype and build up today. I wouldn't normally. Maybe it is a protection mechanism.
    Probably because, if like me, you have been watching England for years (my first recollection of an England game is mid 1970’s) you don’t want to get your hopes up

England are like that hot girl you fancy, she gives you come on, says you can go to bed with her, she goes upstairs telling you to follow up in 5 mins, you get in the room, rapidly get your clothes off, her clothes are on the floor, she is laying under the quilt starkers, you are about to get in bed and she says ‘nah, I was only joking’ - gutted 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Maybe we have got too pumped up in the past. A calm confidence is probably the German way, but why not make it our way? 
    I agree the team need to stay cool and calm, not get carried away with the occasion and be clinical - a more German trait than English. I think one of the things Southgate has done best is manage the atmosphere and expectation of the team and got the team enjoying playing as a unit so that they can go and play their best.

I however, don't need to do anything other than sit on the edge of my seat and sink a beer or two, so I'll be playing World in Motion, Three Lions, etc repeatedly until i'm a nervous wreck!
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    I did it at the Play Off final at Wembley. In my younger days I would have been much more tense, but even when Nabby scored the OG, I was chilled about it. I believed it could work in our favour so it didn't feel like a dagger through the heart it may have to others. It is probably down to experience.

It isn't what you feel the need to do or not, it is just what you do. And it is interesting how that might change with age.
  • Options
    So that's ITV and the Mirror on the list of scapegoats. 
  • Options

Embarrassing headline. Nice material for Denmark to stick in their dressing room before the game. 
    It says its Italy v England/Denmark, that's factual 
  • Options
    I’m assuming everyone saw the Kasper Schmeichel presser?

“What would it mean to stop it from coming home?”

God our media are absolutely awful. Sack the lot of em.
  • Options
    The media have always been and will always be the worst part of this country. 
  • Options
    I’m assuming everyone saw the Kasper Schmeichel presser?

“What would it mean to stop it from coming home?”

God our media are absolutely awful. Sack the lot of em.
    I saw it but surely Schmeichel misunderstood it. It refers to us inventing the game and winning a trophy. Nothing to do with our Euros record or having won the competition before.
  • Options
    Kind of glad still working from home without everyone at work going on about it and making me even more nervous.