Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Denmark - Wembley Stadium - Wednesday 7th July 8pm KO - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    2-0 England. Football's enemy ruins the fairytale ending, and with it the chance of any subsequent Netflix documentary. 
  • Options
    Works going well today. Looking at the clock counting down to 3pm when I leave for Wembley.

So far today, completed actions include 3 nervous shits, and listened to World in Motion and Three Lions on loop about 32 times.

First time I turned it on full this morning I got so pumped I had tears welling I my eyes.

I’m about as in control as that old dear who drove the wrong way down the M25 recently.

Fuck me.
    You’re going to be an emotional wreck by kick off!
  • Options

ITV

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

ITV

Its not on ITV!!!!   IS IT?..... 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Works going well today. Looking at the clock counting down to 3pm when I leave for Wembley.

So far today, completed actions include 3 nervous shits, and listened to World in Motion and Three Lions on loop about 32 times.

First time I turned it on full this morning I got so pumped I had tears welling I my eyes.

I’m about as in control as that old dear who drove the wrong way down the M25 recently.

Fuck me.
    By kick off the main concern is the effect the nerves has on my IBS. Gonna need a nappy at this rate 
  • Options
    Do we have to still play this?  Seems we have already won, what's the point?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    se9addick said:

Fuck me.
    By kick off the main concern is the effect the nerves has on my IBS. Gonna need a nappy at this rate 
    Just frontload the loperamide in preparation.
  • Options
    Eh?
  • Options
    I'm getting pretty nervous about this. I'm expecting a tight game and hoping if we're not already ahead the possible 5 subs might win it for us.
    2-1 to England.

PS I just hope the Danes apologise for all the their past (ahem) misdoings :smile:
  • Options
    Got to feel for my son-in-law ;) Despite strict instructions either to deliver by yesterday or hang on until tomorrow  my  overdue daughter has gone into labour this morning.  First baby, so who knows when it will be born.  
    I foretell the child will be born as our 4th goal goes in.
    The name Kane Cherryorchard has a certain ring to it. ;)
    Her maiden name is the same as an England player, so if he scores could be a possible middle name.

PS - no, don't worry, it isn't Pickford.
  • Options
    Just got in the car and Finally by CeCe Peniston was playing.

Is that a sign?

'Finally' meaning after all these years we get to a final.

Or am I just clutching?
  • Options
    Projected team

Pickford 
    Walker
    Stones
    Maguire
    Shaw
    Phillips
    Mount
    Rice
    Saka
    Sterling
    Kane
  • Options
    I'm surprised we dont have an actual leaked team yet
  • Options
    The missus has to now cover a chemotherapy clinic until 8pm. Prob Won’t be home till 845-9:00

do we wait till she is home and watch on delay ignoring everything online or just tell her how we are playing and have her just watch second half? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    The missus has to now cover a chemotherapy clinic until 8pm. Prob Won’t be home till 845-9:00

do we wait till she is home and watch on delay ignoring everything online or just tell her how we are playing and have her just watch second half? 
    I'd ask her.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got leaked by the Athletic this morning. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Difficult one given what she's having to cover

I hate watching any live sport on delay, dont know how others can... So if it were me I'd just say to watch live.
  • Options
    Got leaked by the Athletic this morning. 
    Is that the one Lawrie mentions?

I wasnt sure seeing he said projected team rather than leaked
  • Options
    I would have Sancho over Saka personally but its a close call.
  • Options
    BBC Sport:

Bukayo Saka is expected to start Wednesday's Euro 2020 semi-final with Denmark in place of Jadon Sancho.

Arsenal forward Saka, 19, was outstanding in the last-16 victory against Germany on 29 June.

It is expected to be the only change in Gareth Southgate's starting line-up at Wembley as England look to reach a first major tournament final since the 1966 WOrld Cup final.

• Options
    Eh?
    Just a reference to the overenthusiastic posters who seem to think we have it in the bag...nothing serious.
  • Options
    Thankfully leaking the teams hasn't done us much harm so far, but i don't get who's doing it or why?

The camp seem really close knit, so i don't know why one of them would run to a journo to tell them. Equally i don't get why a journo wants to give our opponents a heads up.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    What I put on the other thread:

Mixed emotions for me. I was at the Germany game which was incredible, but despite Kosovo and Czech Republic away being good fun in the qualifiers, you generally spend a lot of time, effort and money following the shirt around the world in the expectation you’ll get to witness/be part of the truly unique events on those rare occasions. 

I spent far too much getting out to Russia for the semi in 2018 which in hindsight was a let down, that it would have been nice to experience a semi (wheeey) in this Country after the year we’ve had.

Just pray we do the business tonight which we’re more than capable of and glad there are 5 different addicks there with our bargain tickets.

No game is easy (Romania 2000, Algeria and USA 2010, Iceland 2016)  etc etc but we will never get a better opportunity!!!!

Come on England GSTQ!!