Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dartford v Charlton - PSF Match Thread

Thread for today’s game

Comments

• The first question is an obvious one. Is it likely to be worth watching in terms of the team we put out?
  • edited July 2021
    I'm going.. First game for ages and can't wait. is the ground walkable from the station? any idea on parking? cheers 
  • edited July 2021
    I'm going.. First game for ages and can't wait. is the ground walkable from the station? any idea on parking? cheers 
    f travelling by car, parking is free and we would suggest arriving 45 minutes before kick-off for most games to ensure getting a space. For bigger matches it is advisable to arrive earlier.
    https://www.dartfordfc.com/first-time-visitor/

It's about a 15min walk from the station.
  • top man thanks Clive
  • clive said:
    f travelling by car, parking is free and we would suggest arriving 45 minutes before kick-off for most games to ensure getting a space. For bigger matches it is advisable to arrive earlier.
    https://www.dartfordfc.com/first-time-visitor/

It's about a 15min walk from the station.
    I would say it's a good 15 minute walk as mostly uphill.
    Another option, if coming by train, is to take the Fastrack B bus from the station. It runs  every 10-12 minutes and stops right outside the ground.
  • The first question is an obvious one. Is it likely to be worth watching in terms of the team we put out?
    Will be surprised if its not the same squads we saw against Celtic and Welling

Maybe a little bit of moving players about, but otherwise I reckon this'll be the last game before Adkins starts working on a main eleven ahead of the Sheffield Wednesday match
  • thanks spoony. are there any backstreets you can park in? or is it all controlled parking 
  • Interesting to see if Wassim gets a run out today - not played at all in either of the games so far 
  • Not a tough walk, and a couple of decent pubs en route. I hear the match is sold out, so parking near the ground may be hard.
    Looking forward to this. My league team meets my non league team. 
  • thanks spoony. are there any backstreets you can park in? or is it all controlled parking 
    No the stadium is adjacent to two main roads and the the A2 at the back with a school behind. The roads on the Dartford side are busy and limited parking. You will be parking almost in town centre. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Not a tough walk, and a couple of decent pubs en route. I hear the match is sold out, so parking near the ground may be hard.
    Looking forward to this. My league team meets my non league team. 
    Sold out, but not at full capacity due to Covid restrictions (2000 I think will be there today)

Also my non league team, so will be there
  • I’m going - only 5 min walk from my house

Easy walk from the station - decent pub Malt Shovel on the way - also the Ivy Leaf pub is on the way, which is ok

I recommend getting there for 2.00pm as for a big crowd (which for Dartford 2000 is) there can be queues to get in (not many turnstiles)

It’s a nice modern ground - put sun cream on or a hat, it’s very open
  • So when is the main squad going to start playing? But behind the news at the moment but haven’t seen Inniss, Matthews, Gunter (presuming Euros), Gilbey etc. Team so far is basically reserves I presume as looks weak 
  • edited July 2021
    I’m going - only 5 min walk from my house

Easy walk from the station - decent pub Malt Shovel on the way - also the Ivy Leaf pub is on the way, which is ok

I recommend getting there for 2.00pm as for a big crowd (which for Dartford 2000 is) there can be queues to get in (not many turnstiles)

It is a nice modern ground compared to the old Watling St site where I played at. Last time I was at the current location was for Kent Senior Cup against them which we lost and those playing that day that immediately spring to mind were Nick Pope , Jordan Cousins, Morgan Fox I think, Jason Euell and Alonso.

No the stadium is adjacent to two main roads and the the A2 at the back with a school behind. The roads on the Dartford side are busy and limited parking. You will be parking almost in town centre. 
    Besides the club car park there is some parking in the road leading to the trading estate, Powder Mill Lane. Problem being there is only one exit from all of this onto Princes Road. There is some parking on Fleet Estate, I have no idea what it is like in the Brent Lane area. I usually park at the Orange Tree end of Powder Mill Lane as I come from that way.  There is only limited parking as road is blocked but I've always got a spot there. 15-20 minute walk. 
  • RedChaser said:

It is a nice modern ground compared to the old Princes road site where I played at. Last time I was at the current location was for Kent Senior Cup final against them which we lost and those playing that day that immediately spring to mind were Nick Pope , Jordan Cousins, Morgan Fox I think, Jason Euell and Alonso.
    Old ground was on Watling Street, and was a bit of a dump
  • edited July 2021
    RedChaser said:

It is a nice modern ground compared to the old Princes road site where I played at. Last time I was at the current location was for Kent Senior Cup final against them which we lost and those playing that day that immediately spring to mind were Nick Pope , Jordan Cousins, Morgan Fox I think, Jason Euell and Alonso.
    Cheers, duly edited also think it might have been an earlier round than the final 🤔
  • There is a Goals football site nearby within the Leigh school - possibly people will be able to park there as well
  • Where are Dartford league wise compared to Welling
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2021
    Where are Dartford league wise compared to Welling
    Same Division... Dartford were second, Welling were bottom when the season was last cancelled
  • Jackson in charge as NA has tested positive for Covid
  • Not just NA, several members of staff and players won’t be in attendance.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60f2bfd6b485e/update-ahead-of-saturdays-game-against-dartford
  • RedChaser said:

You could be describing any part of Dartford there. 
  • CatAddick said:
    Jackson in charge as NA has tested positive for Covid
    I am surprised that this doesn't mean the whole lot have to self isolate. 
  • Wondering whether it’s worth going to now? 
  • Scoham said:
    Not just NA, several members of staff and players won’t be in attendance.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60f2bfd6b485e/update-ahead-of-saturdays-game-against-dartford
    Hope NA is ok. 
  • What’s the best turnstile to jib in? 😉
  • redman said:
    CatAddick said:
    Jackson in charge as NA has tested positive for Covid
    I am surprised that this doesn't mean the whole lot have to self isolate. 
    It's only close contacts isn't, we learnt this during the Euros when Clarke slobbered all over Gilmour but Mount and Chigwell had to isolate :wink:

I don't know why they use different protocols in cricket but that's a different subject.