Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford v Charlton - PSF Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    FT Orient 1-1 Spurs 

sorry posted on wrong thread ( Rumours)
    Surely that’s a (fact)
  • Options
    Not making wholesale changes at HT
    We needed wholesale changes this transfer window. 
  • Options
    So it's looking like DJ is gonna have a solid season for us, genuinely expecting around 20 + goals & assists or thereabouts. 

Albie seems ready to start but I do think we need a more solid midfielder with him and to help Dobson. It could be Gilbey I suppose? Either way in the cm department as long as we get a more solid 8 and then our options are Dobson, Gilbey, Morgan, Watson and a youth player (Henry?) That will do for me.

We just need a bit more attacking quality, a left back, a centre back and I would say we are good to go imo. It's nowhere near as bad as being made out. 1 mill to 2 mill range spent on this squad and we will be right up there 
  • Options
    DJ looking like our best attacking outlet so far this pre season. Just need another version of him on the other wing to compliment.
  • Options
    Sorry but we look poor. Really thought things would be positive this season, but can't see us anywhere near automatics
    Now, now.......don't you know you're not allowed to say things like that on here.
    Bedwetters of the world unite!
  • Options
    I thought Elerewe has looked quite good in the last two PSFs.

(Apologies if that sounds slightly positive)
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    If we’re only beating teams like Dartford 1-2, we may as well fold.
    Damn it, you're right. A 2-1 pre-season win against lesser opposition... fold the club! And Celtic should fold for the same reason come to that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jonniesta said:
    Macronate said:
    If we’re only beating teams like Dartford 1-2, we may as well fold.
    Damn it, you're right. A 2-1 pre-season win against lesser opposition... fold the club! And Celtic should fold for the same reason come to that. 
    You might be at strong risk of a whoosh
  • Options
    Whys Adkins sunning himself in the garden?!!!!! He should be managing. Does he not know it’s only three weeks till the Wednesday game. And what’s that on his pad? A list of current transfer targets??!!!!!

Fucking wibble. Wobble. Wibble.
    Silly post!!!!!, we don’t have a transfer target list. We are using what we have!!😜 
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    Whys Adkins sunning himself in the garden?!!!!! He should be managing. Does he not know it’s only three weeks till the Wednesday game. And what’s that on his pad? A list of current transfer targets??!!!!!

Silly post!!!!!, we don’t have a transfer target list. We are using what we have!!😜 
    Adkins is using the pre- season jollies to test out what we have and what (he thinks) we need. Still quite a while before the proper stuff starts
  • Options
    paulfox said:

Adkins is using the pre- season jollies to test out what we have and what (he thinks) we need. Still quite a while before the proper stuff starts
    Yes, no panic for me at the moment, it’s fitness for whom we have, the eventual new recruits will catch up/ fit in. There is no way TS,NA,are going to settle for what we have. Unless people are doubting TS already. Then PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!😂
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:
    Inniss is so injury prone it's unreal.
    Nowhere has it been said that Inniss is injured.

Nowhere? Someone just said he's been out with a niggle.
    That was specifically Gilbey. Adkins said so.

But he did tell us that Innis was to join the training last Monday. I would guess it's too soon for him to get games.
    Adkins has previously told us that Inniss has had his own schedule or whatever .... as he's expected to be a big player for us this season. Something like that.

Why does he still need his own regime. That doesn't  sound so good to me. 
    Imagine everyone gets their own personalised regime for the off-season during the summer and then during pre-season, BMI | Heart-Rate | pure fitness... Everyone is going to be different with what they can hack each day / week.
    Agreed but hope he isn't this years Aneke.
    He managed about a third of the minutes of Aneke last season, suprised you don't want him to go part time. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    paulfox said:

I remember before the players came onto pre-season training us betwetters were told to pipe down as nothing ever happens until players come back. Then once we started pre-season training & still no major signings we were good to wait until the pre-season games kicked in.

Now we've had 3 games in a week, with the same players (minus the already injured ones) we are told to wait until the season starts.

Even then, once the season starts, and we are still 4 or 5 players short we will be told to wait until the transfer window closes.

I suppose I'm just going to have to wait until Aug 31st before we see us bring in the players tha will "blow us through this league".

FWIW, we currently have just 1 wide player, 3 centre halves (1 of which hasn't played a PSF game & 1 who was only re-signed so he could be back up or help coach), 5 midfielders (2 of which are defensive (and one of those is 36 and, again, supposed to be just a back up) and of the 3 "attacking" midfielders 1 is out injured until xmas and another not trusted last season because he didn't track back enough. After all that we still need to replace our main striker.......

But apart from that all is fine with the world. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    paulfox said:

I remember before the players came onto pre-season training us betwetters were told to pipe down as nothing ever happens until players come back. Then once we started pre-season training & still no major signings we were good to wait until the pre-season games kicked in.

Now we've had 3 games in a week, with the same players (minus the already injured ones) we are told to wait until the season starts.

Even then, once the season starts, and we are still 4 or 5 players short we will be told to wait until the transfer window closes.

I suppose I'm just going to have to wait until Aug 31st before we see us bring in the players tha will "blow us through this league".
    Yes you are, like the rest of us and banging on about won't change it. 
  • Options
    Nice crisp edge to the lawn which could do with a summer fertiizer though. Flower border is a bit 'green', no colour, no blooms. Could do with some mulch as well. Lloyd loom chair and table shows where some of the transfer budget has gone!
  • Options
    paulfox said:

all guesswork from us ain't it .. I say again, I don't expect to see many more new faces this close season apart from a few (groan, mutter, w t f) loans.
    Sandy will not be spending his cash like a drunk on shore leave before he sees the cut of Adkins's jib and how the team is progressing.
    Harking back to Curbs in the Wembley Chapter 1 season .. the team was doing OKish but it wasn't until later in the season when he and Murray had a real idea of what was needed to complete his team that Mills, Youds and Bowen were brought in. Those signings were the final difference between just missing out on and getting promotion.
     For my part, so long as we start off the season (once more) OKish, I'll be content with new blood being signed at Christmas after Sandy and Nigel have a better idea of what is really needed player wise. And I really do believe we will start the season pretty well. Our existing squad, although light on numbers is not too shabby. Let's all hope the injury genie keeps right away from the Valley .. 
  • Options
    For all those melting... It's a pre-season friendly.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    and melting is the right word, playing in that heat was a real test ..  or do you mean the frustrated fanbase self immolating cos we have yet to sign Messi and 'Arry K ? 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    and melting is the right word, playing in that heat was a real test ..  or do you mean the frustrated fanbase self immolating cos we have yet to sign Messi and 'Arry K ? 
    The latter I'm disappointed to say.
  • Options
    Harry would be no good for us Nige likes to play 1 up top apparently and harry drops too deep 🤭🤭🤭
  • Options
    Nice day out. I hope it replaces the Welling fixture going forward.