Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford v Charlton - PSF Match Thread

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Nice day out. I hope it replaces the Welling fixture going forward.
    Cracking day out, nice stadium too!  Our under 23’s are used to playing there also! 
  • Options
    TBF when was the last time we had a pre season friendly where people have come away thinking this squad is complete, at full match fitness and ready to destroy our league? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    TBF when was the last time we had a pre season friendly where people have come away thinking this squad is complete, at full match fitness and ready to destroy our league? 
    I know your post is tongue in cheek but

It'll never, ever happen... Even if players are close to match fitness, why play like its a competitive game?

Barker was running round like a headless chicken trying to close Dartford players down at times, looked great granted but he'll be blowing out of his arse before a quarter of the season is done as he'll be shattered!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

It'll never, ever happen... Even if players are close to match fitness, why play like its a competitive game?

Barker was running round like a headless chicken trying to close Dartford players down at times, looked great granted but he'll be blowing out of his arse before a quarter of the season is done as he'll be shattered!!
    My brother got married the day before the millwall preseason friendly in 2011.  After a long argument with my then girlfriend about why she wasn't coming to the den me and my Newcastle supporting mate went. 

Of course we lost but I was convinced we would finish top two.  There was a goal we scored that involved Stephens, Hollands and Jackson that took my breath away with the inter play and running off the ball.

He put a fair few quid on us going up and it almost paid for our weekend in Carlisle, which the then Mrs was invited to. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MrOneLung said:

My brother got married the day before the millwall preseason friendly in 2011.  After a long argument with my then girlfriend about why she wasn't coming to the den me and my Newcastle supporting mate went. 

Of course we lost but I was convinced we would finish top two.  There was a goal we scored that involved Stephens, Hollands and Jackson that took my breath away with the inter play and running off the ball.

He put a fair few quid on us going up and it almost paid for our weekend in Carlisle, which the then Mrs was invited to. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Poor there from Clayden should’ve put the runner in. I’m all for individual skill but he needs to learn to mix it up a bit and he’s got plenty of time to do so.

Davison took his goal well and I was impressed with 2nd half keeper Beadle. Barker seemed to get done a few times and Harness shouldn’t have been beaten at his near post.

A good run out for the squad and it’s another useful step in pre season build up towards kick off.
    Agree. Points for me were:

First half
    Morgan looked one of our better players bit passing wayward.
    Liked the look of Deji.
    Stockley seemed way off being match sharp or even his usually domineering self in the air.
    DJ was too tricky for them, decent performance. 

Second half
    Clayden looks exciting but a little wasteful at the moment.
    Barker very poor, seemed a yard slow every time.
    Davison pretty good and more agile than I remember from 2 seasons ago.
    Agree with br and would add that Vennings really struggled first half and Henry really impressed second half
  • Options
    masicat said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MrOneLung said:

Don’t keep us in suspense - was invited to what?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who cares. Wigan are going to storm the league. We are going to struggle around 10th place. Cancel the season now.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Barker was all over the place, and not in a positive way. Defensively he was a major step down from Matthews 
  • Options
    Just delighted to see the team play in the flesh after all this time.Dartford have an excellent set up set up,and some very good players who could probably play at a higher level.Pleased to see Davison score,think he could come good this year.
    Bit surprised to see Jason Pearce in the car park after the game still in his shirt and eating by his car with a coffee cup on the roof.
  • Options
    Just delighted to see the team play in the flesh after all this time.Dartford have an excellent set up set up,and some very good players who could probably play at a higher level.Pleased to see Davison score,think he could come good this year.
    Bit surprised to see Jason Pearce in the car park after the game still in his shirt and eating by his car with a coffee cup on the roof.
    They didn’t use the dressing rooms, as per the interview with Jacko above
  • Options
    Our crossing & final ball has been poor
    That’s not like us.🤥🙄🤥
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Barker was all over the place, and not in a positive way. Defensively he was a major step down from Matthews 
    I know *it was just a friendly* but I don't think he has the acceleration or skill to play right back. He might find his way at centre back eventually but again he's not got the height and you'd still like a bit more acceleration to make recovery tackles.

I had him at fault for the goal and all the Dartford attacks were going through his side.

I thought the second half with the U23's the formation looked more balanced as we had players more willing to occupy the centre of the pitch compared to the first. But it was notable that we lacked dynamism with Roddy and Barker as full backs.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I know *it was just a friendly* but I don't think he has the acceleration or skill to play right back. He might find his way at centre back eventually but again he's not got the height and you'd still like a bit more acceleration to make recovery tackles.

I had him at fault for the goal and all the Dartford attacks were going through his side.

I thought the second half with the U23's the formation looked more balanced as we had players more willing to occupy the centre of the pitch compared to the first. But it was notable that we lacked dynamism with Roddy and Barker as full backs.
    Agreed Barker did not play well defensively yesterday, but not all the attacks were against him, the disallowed goal Roddy made it far to easy for the Dartford player to cut in. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

I know *it was just a friendly* but I don't think he has the acceleration or skill to play right back. 
    Neither do Matthews or Purrington!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They didn’t use the dressing rooms, as per the interview with Jacko above
    Had not read Jackos comments,otherwise would not have mentioned it.
  • Options
    Part of the problem yesterday was that pitch was in perfect condition with the grass cut short. It was before the game and half time. 

The long passes that worked so well on the long grass at Welling hit the turf and skidded through yesterday. 

Have to say that the passing from the younger players is generally better than their seniors. 

Pearce certainly played like he had a point to prove and looked very fit. 
  • Options
    Pearce is the perfect guy for battles with big, physical forwards. 
  • Options
    I forgot to post this photo of Jacko talking to Pearce and Barker at HT before they came on

What's he saying?

"Now spread out lads and act like a new signing FFS!"