Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Dartford v Charlton - PSF Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    That’s a bit of a concern that Nigel has caught covid even tho he’s been double jabbed. Hope he makes a full recovery 
  • Options
    Aw poor Nigel Adkins, hope he's alright. Unlucky given it's a breakthrough case from the sounds of things (assuming it's been two weeks since his second jab). 
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    NA proving that as ever, he is positive 
    https://youtu.be/3P0JEdYuENA reminds me of this, at the 1 minute mark 
  • Options
    I wondered why we haven't had any morning positivity from him for a few days. Get well soon Nigel.
  • Options
    all this walking and smiling isn't good for you :smiley:
  • Options

• Options
    Just imagine if the Covid outbreak had happened 3 weeks later & these players missed the opening game(s)

Oh, wouldn't matter I suppose because our squad building has been a success & we could easily replace them with the other members of the squad 🤔🤫.

Seems like getting players in before transfer deadline day is important after all. Who would have thought it. 
  • Options
    Definitely starting with the strongest team
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just imagine if the Covid outbreak had happened 3 weeks later & these players missed the opening game(s)

Oh, wouldn't matter I suppose because our squad building has been a success & we could easily replace them with the other members of the squad 🤔🤫.

Seems like getting players in before transfer deadline day is important after all. Who would have thought it. 
    Or we could um get the game called off like Lincoln........

Do you know which players are missing due to COVID? 
  • Options
    No Inniss or Matthews
  • Options
    Conversely, some of the players we are looking at are currently having to isolate.
  • Options
    No Inniss or Matthews
    Matthews is starting. Macgilvray missing though and still no gilbey
  • Options
    No Inniss or Matthews
    Matthews playing.
  • Options
    Or schwartz...
  • Options
    Starting to get a little concerned that we haven't seen Innis feature at all yet. Has his injury record caught up with him again?
  • Options
    In formation, I guess:

Harness

Matthews Elerewe Famewo Purrington

Morgan Dobson Vennings

DJ Stockley Washington

• Options
    Starting to get a little concerned that we haven't seen Innis feature at all yet. Has his injury record caught up with him again?
    Was thinking the same thing,  he makes a big difference to us when he plays but if he's going to be constantly missing then what's the bloody point 😡. 
  • Options
    Was thinking the same thing,  he makes a big difference to us when he plays but if he's going to be constantly missing then what's the bloody point 😡. 
    Look at it this way, If he wasn’t injury prone, he wouldn’t be playing for us in this shit division.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2021
    I think I saw Inniss warming up (edit: think it’s Wassim on second look.)
  • Options
    Glad for Dartford that the game hasnt been forced to be cancelled

Hope Nigel and the rest of those now self-isolating get well soon
  • Options
    Agree. The first half starting team is what would be the 1st team, apart from those isolating.
    The 2nd half team is the U23 squad, led by the old warhorse Pearce.

People may wonder why Pearce is not playing with today's 1st team ....... my guess Pearce is a left footer, same as Famewo but Akin is 1st choice as left sided CB.

Elerewe (New Deji) is right footed and highly rated, therefore takes Inniss' place at right CB, pending another incoming CB signing?

• Options
    Which says a lot - cos when you look at it that looks a mid table average league one side at the very best.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    Agree. The first half starting team is what would be the 1st team, apart from those isolating.

People may wonder why Pearce is not playing with today's 1st team ....... my guess Pearce is a left footer, same as Famewo but Akin is 1st choice as left sided CB.

Elerewe (New Deji) is right footed and highly rated, therefore takes Inniss' place at right CB, pending another incoming CB signing?
    Would swap Vennings with Gilbey as well
  • Options
    Both Innis & Gilbey have now missed all 3 pre-season games. The first 2 were down to "niggles"......I wonder if the same goes for today or if its Covid related.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Both Innis & Gilbey have now missed all 3 pre-season games. The first 2 were down to "niggles"......I wonder if the same goes for today or if its Covid related.
    Trouble is they might now be fit, but if their niggles happened early in pre-season then they could well be two weeks behind in terms of basic fitness - Hence why we're not seeing Schwartz yet either
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

I wouldn't read anything into the selection at all other than those starting will probably get nearer an hour than 45 minutes.  I wouldnt read anything in to it until the Fulham game tbh. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Oggy Red said:

Would swap Vennings with Gilbey as well
    Of course, Vennings would have played with the U23s if Gilbey had been fit.

There's 13 'subs' today BTW, 2 'spare' players in case anyone needs to come off.
    Perhaps they don't get a run out if there's no injuries, like against Welling?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

I imagine they want some experience in the second half to guide the youngsters